PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Weather; Effects or Bonuses

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

BlitzyDragon's AvatarBlitzyDragon
I was encouraged to put this into suggestions after posting it in a news update on the requirements for bonus counters gradually increasing. This is a mostly copy-paste from the original post but with some extra additions. Having a randomly rolled weather effect every day. Sunny/clear, Cloudy, Windy, Rainy, Foggy, etc. Each with a different effect. Sunny/clear could do a hatch speed bonus, a small one obviously Cloudy +1-2 interaction points Windy 10-15% Scour bonus Rainy 2-5% cred discount Foggy 2-5% GP discount With rarer effects like Sandstorms and snow for gems and shiny chances like 1.1-1.3x gems and <5 Sei power. You could even use the terrain status moves for something for rare events, such as Grassy Terrain to boost shelter breeding chances (or even just up exclusive breeding chances), or Electric terrain discounting IP required to charge the albino radar. Of course these would be much rarer than the normal weather effects. And they would all fit into the pokemon vibe too to incorporate weather and terrain effects from the game in a unique way. Of course I'm not a dev but if some thought and consideration is put into it a random daily mini-boost would be great for the days in-between the major ones! That all being said these bonuses are not anything that has to be set in stone, all can be balanced however the mods deem fair but I just think it adds a bit more variety to the day to day play. Weather is something incredibly common in pokemon and suggested in the og thread was the weather also effecting mons like goodra and castform to evolve/transform without needing the items. Of course you can always still force the evo and the transformation with said items whenever it isnt the required weather for it. I understand this would need some heavy consideration as its at the end of the day a mini-boost every day, and if needed there can always be a weather effect that does nothing to balance things out that has a chance to roll.
  • Dogs
  • More Dogs
  • TR
  • Hunt
  • Credits
:0
Currently hunting: Galarian Zigzagoon for TR Long term Main hunt: x10 Melan Furfrou
All art is by me, DM me if you'd like a commission
Honey Bunny's AvatarHoney Bunny
This is a really interesting idea but wouldn't that be taking the same approach as the weather effects in Pokemon Go? If that's the case then I don't see PFQ doing that as it could be copy writing and I'd hate to have PFQ get into trouble with that
Pfp from Pfq
BlitzyDragon's AvatarBlitzyDragon

QUOTE originally posted by Honey Bunny

This is a really interesting idea but wouldn't that be taking the same approach as the weather effects in Pokemon Go? If that's the case then I don't see PFQ doing that as it could be copy writing and I'd hate to have PFQ get into trouble with that
With the Weather effects in pokemon go as far as im aware effects, Appearance rates, Stardust amounts, and IVs of specific types of pokemon, as well as Evo/Form changes. The former is already close to the V~wave mechanic and the latter 2 have been a mechanic since castform's creation in the main games. Weather in the games boost moves by type and pokemon appearance rates specifically, not the boosts specific to pokefarm. This excecution of weather is unique to pokefarm's systems and how it effects it in its own way outside of most main game mechanics. In the official games it would effect battles and wild pokemon encounters, things it would not effect here.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page