PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

common pokemon people need to dex?

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

skypony101's Avatarskypony101
Id love to know everyones opinions on what they think the most common pokemon(s) people ask to dex is, be it as a dex shop owner or someone who needed the dexes! id definitely say megas are the most common pokemon people ask to dex from me, but thats a given! ive seen quite a few people who need the saiyan rattata line, burmy/wormadam forms, cherrim sunny form, and pumpkaboo+Gourgeist sizes! theres quite a few more but thats all i can remember off the top of my head any and all input is definitely appreciated! i will be using this inforation to determine what pokemon to include in a section of my dex shop, but i hope itll help others as well!
my avatar is a picture of my dog Tika, taken my me :) check out my dexing service! *
image made by me. shiny, albino, mega, and totem sticker from PFQ
click the counter to go to my profile and get your own! 15 TR types available
ACottontail's AvatarACottontail
I second the megas. Even if you had most of the mega stones from the MCW, when is the best time to use them? Mega stones aren't cheap if your out, and megaing a pokemon for a dex feels like a waste when you could sell them or wait for the perfect mon to mega evolve. Dexing them from someone else is just a lot easier. Saiyan Rattata line is also a pain since you need multiple dragon balls to fully evolve it, and those are rare items that just kind of exist. As for my own 2 cents, i'd say totem lines. I just feel like it takes a long time to get the stickers from scours, and it's a lot easier to just dex them. Gholdengo, you need so many coins for them. And coins aren't easy These last few are just guesses, but Melmetal. You need 40 bolts to evolve. It's not that bad getting them, since a small hunt and you'll get all you need, but it's still harder than most. Sylveon and Gargodyle force you to interact with a system most people don't touch. And really any legendary forme changes with a hard to get item, such as primal Palkia and the ultimate bikes. Really, any mon that is a pain to get but isn't an egg dex are good contenders.
Check out my gym, and my Journal. Vearus sprite + banners by me.
Beta Wooper from the 1999 Gold/Sliver protype, the sprite was revamped and animated by me
~The trainer of raging dragons~
RosyBird's AvatarRosyBird
I see the final forms of trade evos needed somewhat often (eg huntail, politoed, magmortar, etc), as well as final evos of pokemon that evolve at a late level, like braviary. Regional variants as well, especially the ones that require legendaries (like hisuian lilligant and hisuian sliggoo/goodra - speaking of which, I honestly see hisuian pokemon needed very often. some more so than others - I don't think I've really ever seen overqwil asked for, but i see hisuian samurott on a lot of lists!) totems and paradoxes for sure, but that's pretty much the same category of megas! I see castform forms needed pretty often, as well as darmanitan zen. Expensive form changers as well, like unbound hoopa. Like you touched on with burmy, pretty much any pokemon that has multiple forms shows up often - I'm mostly thinking of eiscue, cramorant, and palafin! Legendaries/ultra beasts are kind of a toss up - some people go for the quick dexes while others wait since they'll need to summon them eventually anyway. So while they're a fairly common need, I'm not sure it would be necessary to offer them in a shop. Zygarde forms are needed pretty often though! And of course arceus/silvally forms. And finally some random mons I see listed somewhat often: hitmontop, eelektrik, klang, seadra. Sometimes middle evolutions fall through the cracks, haha. Pawmot, rabsca, and brambleghast might be good to include too.
Raziya's AvatarRaziya
Hey friend! I have been working on this in my shop with dexes. I have a full mega PFQ dex as those are often needed and have been working on making totems as well, since they were also hard to come by. Normal canon megas are also in demand. I have some full evos of PFQ exclusives, as well as Purrpa who needs to evolve from Kitwurm at 0% happiness which can be confusing for people. I have many of the form change Pokemon, like the legendary genies, cherrim, Silvanny, Arceus, and the item for Ultra Necrozma. The issue with the Necrozma item is it's very expensive to obtain and it seems to end up being an issue for those who dex it often that it gets forgotten or "lost" so it's the only thing I request collateral for. I dex my melans too but just for funsies and they are PWYW, everything else I dex for free. I have all the paradox forms and some weird evos like the Huisuian forms and other things that may be useful. I'm really bad at making living dexes just because I personally don't care as long as I have the dex entry, but if you want to dex a lot it may be a good idea to have the full line of harder to obtain mons. I wouldn't go into dexing for people to make currency, tbh your startup cost is going to be really expensive if you want to get a good stock and typically most people dex for free. So it's something you do just because you want to :p You'll likely need to invest in trade slots as well if you want to dex quicker, as five at a time can take a long time.
Score: 0
team poison march 2024 trophy by teaspoonsoup!
skypony101's Avatarskypony101

QUOTE originally posted by Raziya

snip

Hey friend! I have been working on this in my shop with dexes. I have a full mega PFQ dex as those are often needed and have been working on making totems as well, since they were also hard to come by. Normal canon megas are also in demand. I have some full evos of PFQ exclusives, as well as Purrpa who needs to evolve from Kitwurm at 0% happiness which can be confusing for people. I have many of the form change Pokemon, like the legendary genies, cherrim, Silvanny, Arceus, and the item for Ultra Necrozma. The issue with the Necrozma item is it's very expensive to obtain and it seems to end up being an issue for those who dex it often that it gets forgotten or "lost" so it's the only thing I request collateral for. I dex my melans too but just for funsies and they are PWYW, everything else I dex for free. I have all the paradox forms and some weird evos like the Huisuian forms and other things that may be useful. I'm really bad at making living dexes just because I personally don't care as long as I have the dex entry, but if you want to dex a lot it may be a good idea to have the full line of harder to obtain mons. I wouldn't go into dexing for people to make currency, tbh your startup cost is going to be really expensive if you want to get a good stock and typically most people dex for free. So it's something you do just because you want to :p You'll likely need to invest in trade slots as well if you want to dex quicker, as five at a time can take a long time.
Apologies if my topics are a bit jumpy! I actually have quite a few megas, all the current totems, most of the Paradox mons, Ultranecrozium Z, and (I belive) all the current form items for legends+all arceus plates +some silvally memories! So while I'm not exactly a dex shop newbie, your advice is great for those who want a general idea of what to expect! I've actually made a decent ammount from dexing already since I also "take advantage"
not in a mean way or anything, I genuinely love helping people get dexes!
of people in the trade forums offering currency for dexes, plus tips I get from people! I think my dex shop has been up for 6 months now, and I invested a lot into my collection, but honestly I feel like it's all worth it since I can give back to the community who helped me! However I keep getting stuck between what pokemon to go after next, not being able to get some stuff due to the "budget" I stick by, and honestly just how expensive some things are! I have a long term goal of getting every mega in shiny/albino/or delta (if it's a legendary) and all of the rarer pokemon that people always seem to need (which is why I posted this discussion thread lol) but it's pretty hard when you are always spending your currency on one thing and then another and almost never having a set goal in mind As a side note to everyone else so far, i appreciate the responses and i do read every one!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page