PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

A Further Purpose for the White Flute

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Raziya's AvatarRaziya
Increasing the functionality of the White Flute: Suggestion Summary: I took a look through the suggestions and I didn't see anything like this, so my apologies if there is already a suggestion like this or a rejected suggestion. I was thinking, looking through the shelter this evening, that while the Black Flute provides a clear benefit in hunting your desired egg for shiny chains, the White Flute is a bit more nebulous. Additionally, with the change to the shelter adoptions moving away from using it for dex entries, I would imagine there are even less reasons to fish for Pokemon only. My thought was to perhaps allow the White Flute to make it easier to find a specific Pokemon you would like to adopt, as a chain in of itself. For example - say I wanted to dig through the shelter and adopt every single Butterfree for my fields because I love them. Right now, it's a very daunting task to go through the shelter to find Pokemon you may want to add to a hoard. After finding a Butterfree (or a few) with the White Flute, I could have a %higher chance to find another Butterfree. This would be an interesting way for people who are maxed out their shelter passes to use their points if they aren't hatching, as well as encourage the spending of credits on fields. Positive points: *Letting people find the Pokemon they want to collect a bit easier, especially for fully evolved or rarer varieties. *A different way to encourage users to use their shelter adopts if they don't want to hatch *An easier way for someone to find a Pokemon they have accidentally released - if you adopt others in your chain you will have a higher chance of finding what you lost. *Encourage spending of credits on fields to hold their Pokemon *Encourage adoptions of lower level Pokemon for evolution for Wishforge progression and make it easier to find the Pokemon you would like to use for this purpose. Negative points: *Could encourage people to spam the shelter for specials (I would personally prefer it to exclude specials from the chain effect if that were possible) Reason For Consideration: Right now with the shelter changes I think it would be a nice change to have the White Flute offer you something for purchasing it, as the Black Flute does. It was more useful when each adopt netted a Pokemon regardless of your dex entries, and while it is still useful for that, potentially offering an easier way to find a Pokemon you want, especially if it is one you have accidentally released, at the expense of using your adopts for this purpose would be a neat thing. 🥰
Score: 0
team poison march 2024 trophy by teaspoonsoup!
Mio Xenoblade's AvatarMio Xenoblade
huge support! on days where i know i wont use all my adopts, i love trawling through the shelter to add more otters to my hoard. sometimes i can go a really long time without finding an ottermon, which is odd because oshawott seems to be a popular mon to hunt, and its just a waste of my time. the shelter update makes the white flute almost obselete until you've completed your dex as there's no added bonus to it. i'd even argue that if you don't hoard any mons, there is no point for you to buy the white flute. this would be a good way to give it more of a use!
juno
mio is fine too!
| adult | any pronouns | pfq's otter hoarder
f2u codecode shoptrade shopjournal
art by me for my use only!
Flareon95's AvatarFlareon95
I'm a little on the fence about this. On the one hand, I really like the idea, since I also like to hoard any Pokemon I like (Flareons mostly, but also others 😄). It would also be way easier to get a Pokemon of a given nature for stuff like breeding pairs and such. On the other hand, I also see this being a bit abused during tourneys where you need to evolve Pokemon to score points, you could just adopt an eevee or bug Pokemon and get an easier time getting to the next one. Could be a positive or a negative, guess it depends on how you see it.
Raziya's AvatarRaziya

QUOTE originally posted by Flareon95

I'm a little on the fence about this. On the one hand, I really like the idea, since I also like to hoard any Pokemon I like (Flareons mostly, but also others 😄). It would also be way easier to get a Pokemon of a given nature for stuff like breeding pairs and such. On the other hand, I also see this being a bit abused during tourneys where you need to evolve Pokemon to score points, you could just adopt an eevee or bug Pokemon and get an easier time getting to the next one. Could be a positive or a negative, guess it depends on how you see it.
I get this counterpoint, but you could do that pretty easily now as well, there are often a lot of Eevees in the shelter that are easy to find without even trying! And the evolve tourneys have a limit as to when the egg has to have hatched, I guess if someone wants to look at all the dates of hatches at everything they look at more power to them, it doesn't seem like fun to me though 😅 Or maybe if it's possible if this is a concern, an egg that is hatched by the shelter and not a person is not eligible, which would also make it harder to look for appropriate mons for evolve tourney. 🥰
dumbdog's Avatardumbdog
full support this sounds wicked man! would this apply to megas/legends/totems however?
Kip "You cannot beat yourself up over things you did not know"
Joint Summon Shop JournalArt shopcredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon @Doosio Signature Pagedoll @PanicPu
Raziya's AvatarRaziya

QUOTE originally posted by dumbdog

full support this sounds wicked man! would this apply to megas/legends/totems however?
Have you ever seen a mega or totem in the shelter? 😅 I don't know that I have (though to be completely honest I don't typically just browse the shelter) Legends I would think would be fine? Plenty of people hunt legends and release them, same as other Pokemon. And this suggestion wouldn't override the fact that it would cost a lot more points in order to get the Pokemon for the first time. Perhaps there could be a small scaling cost to activate this feature if you wanted it? Like say, 5GP for anything 3k EHP and under and then scaling up from there for rarer Pokemon? I mentioned it before in my response to someone else but I think specials should be excluded from the chain, perhaps megas/totems could be treated the same way.
Raziya's AvatarRaziya
I will use my bright white flute And blow a tiny little toot To draw attention to the thread (...I could have just said "bump" instead) 😅

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page