PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Subscribing to Items on the Market

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

POLL: Do you support this and should it replace the favouriting system?

Total votes: 20

You must be logged in to vote.

Peckish's AvatarPeckish
Suggestion Title: The Ability to Subscribe to Items on the Market Board Suggestion Summary: When you are collecting summons/items or looking for a good deal, it can be a tedious task to check each item when looking for a new listing, however I am suggesting that you can subscribe to an item to get notified when a new listing appears, probably in the format of 'There are X new listings on (item name)'. Additionally, this would be separate to the favouriting system (or it could replace it? - I don't think so though...) and (possibly) would have a limit to prevent people from subscribing to every item. Positive points: Would allow collectors to check when a new listing has been added. General QoL improvement. Negative points: Could take the fun out of the market board?
N.B. What I mean by this is that there is some genuine fun in finding a good deal for an item and buying it, and that having these notifications would probably detract from that fun.
Could spam notifications Reason For Consideration: I genuinely think that this would be a useful QoL feature for the market board and might make it more attractive to people.
Icon by Flyeahfy for my use Grookey
149/250 Till my Zarude hunt!
Kahuna's AvatarKahuna
I think the problem I would see with this is that many people would put on the same or similar value for notifications, and then there would be a mad dash to buy the item as soon as a listing under that price goes up. If 5 people are notified of the item, 4 of them won't be able to make the purchase and will have gotten a useless notification, which will lead to endless complaints about getting "sniped" on items. In my opinion, the market functions better when you have to put in the effort to check it for good deals every so often rather than being notified of them. Also, I think this could really disrupt bulk item trading using the market, but since that is really an exploit of the market anyway I suppose that's not really a good negative point.
If I forget to respond to a post or trade please PM me! I may have forgotten to subscribe. Avatar from Pokémon Showdown April Fools Day sprites, recolored by me.
Peckish's AvatarPeckish

QUOTE originally posted by Kahuna

I think the problem I would see with this is that many people would put on the same or similar value for notifications, and then there would be a mad dash to buy the item as soon as a listing under that price goes up. If 5 people are notified of the item, 4 of them won't be able to make the purchase and will have gotten a useless notification, which will lead to endless complaints about getting "sniped" on items. In my opinion, the market functions better when you have to put in the effort to check it for good deals every so often rather than being notified of them. Also, I think this could really disrupt bulk item trading using the market, but since that is really an exploit of the market anyway I suppose that's not really a good negative point.
The only way I could guess you could fix this is if you remove the notification if the listing gets sold? But, yeah that's a fair point ^^
forebodhi's Avatarforebodhi
honestly support. i’m always forgetting to check my faves regularly, so if i got a notif that it was being sold, that’d be perfect!
preping for slowpoke hunt!
18 / 1000
Peckish's AvatarPeckish
Bump
Kit kat 54's AvatarKit kat 54
Maybe a way to mitigate exploitation or frustration would be that you could only subscribe to one item at a time, so users have to pick the item they want to track the prices on the most?
Avatar credit goes to RosyBird!!! If you're working to get to Arceus and need summons for legendary egg dexes, I can sell them to you for below market price here at my shop! I also have lots of free/pwyw dexes available c: If you are working on Arceus and need egg dexes, I absolutely recommend this shop! If you're working on Arceus and need help completing your pokemon dex in general, this shop has a pretty extensive living dex and is very helpful!
Peckish's AvatarPeckish
bump

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page