PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Random matching for spars

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Yoshivert555's AvatarYoshivert555
Currently, when making spars, you can only challenge one player (which you have to choose manually) at time, wait if this person wants to fight or not (usually they don't want to) then repeat if you want more fights. A feature from the mainline Pokémon games I would want to see in Pokéfarm Q are random matching. Like Wonder Trade, you apply for sparring, forget it as you breed your 8311th trapinch, and are garanteed to find someone interested by sparring too.
Currently desesperately breeding Deinglitch for type race and in hope to hatch a shiny or albinos. Groudon lover who wants to start a Groudon farm despite their unability to breed together. Too confused and uneasy with BBC to make fancy UIs for my signature and trainer introduction. Avatar : Art by me (Yveltal x No Man's Sky)
PhoenixBirch's AvatarPhoenixBirch
Agree! the only reason I don't participate in spars is because of how difficult it is to find someone, pm them, and then wait on a spar
  • My Favs!
  • Sikannos!
  • Credit (+ Little Guy)
Azurealis's AvatarAzurealis
Partial support! I think this would be a great and fun feature (like wondertrading but for spars), but there are a few problems I see! The first one I think might be an issue is the fee. Would both trainers have to pay the 100 credit fee? 50 credits each? Would it be free? Also, users with very strong pokemon could send their best battler out each time, steamrolling opponents again and again. Maybe there could be rules against legendaries, mythicals, etc, like a gym league situation? Or a mechanic that forces your pokemon to recover before you are allowed to send it out into any more battles? Overall, this could be a fun mechanic and I hope it gets approved!

Azu ✦ She/Her ✦ Minor

"Oh look! See that, there in the distance? It's the consequences of your actions!" ‧₊˚Hey there! I'm Azu. Nice to meet you!₊˚‧
Art Shop Comiccredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon @me! Pagedoll @me!
Yoshivert555's AvatarYoshivert555
The question of the legendaries is a great question. Personally I would see separate spars for people wanting to play with their strong legendaries and for people wanting to avoid them.
Kahuna's AvatarKahuna
I don't think any kind of filter on battles will be helpful. Slaking, for example, has way better stats than a lot of legendaries while Articuno has way worse stats than lots of regular Pokémon. If there was to be a "banlist", it would have to be handpicked - and that's way too much effort for spars, since they are a overall a pretty minor and inconsequential feature. That being said, I would definitely enjoy a random matchups feature - even if it is unbalanced and full of overpowered Pokémon.
If I forget to respond to a post or trade please PM me! I may have forgotten to subscribe. Avatar from Pokémon Showdown April Fools Day sprites, recolored by me.
Mirzam's AvatarMirzam
If you wanted to get fancy you could do like Go and have different "leagues" with different BST ranges. There would still be Pokemon that are significantly better than others of course, but it could at least prevent an overly boring meta?
Support! It'd definitely incentivize sparring in the first place. As for the balancing, something like Scour energy but for battling and Mirzam's idea sound like wonderful balances.
Always helping anyone with anything, Just Ask!
Shadow Pawmi Avatar by me!
Toothsmack's AvatarToothsmack
+1 support from me! I was thinking, why not just filter out the sparring pokemon in this supposed system, by their total base stats? Like, all the strongest ones have the highest totals. Maybe, only allow random matches to start if both side have pokemon that falls in the same range of base stats total(450~400, 399~250 e.g.)

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page