PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Three Additional Stats Page Ranking Categories

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Jolmed's AvatarJolmed
Suggestion Title: Three new rankings for the stats page: Largest Shiny Hoard, Largest Albino Hoard, and Largest Melanistic Hoard Suggestion Summary: I've been perusing the stats page a lot lately, and finding all of the different rankings really fun to look through! While on there yesterday, I got to thinking, with how many users prioritize s/a/m hunting, perhaps it could be interesting to have three new rankings lists: one for 'largest shiny hoard', one for 'largest albino hoard', and one for 'largest melanistic hoard'. These would count the number of shiny/albino/melans a person has in their public fields in total, regardless of species. It would differ from the 'shiny/melan/albinodex' lists in that its less about dexing a wide variety/working towards completion, and moreso about having a large quantity of s/a/m pokemon on display. It could really give people who prefer to hunt a small handful but do so passionately and incessently, as well as those working on s/a/m field pokedexes, a chance to shine! Positive points: +Adds a fun new goal and layer of competition for those who hunt and like to get competitive with it, or want to meet other large-scale hunter/collectors +Differs from the shiny/albino/melandex completion stats, in that its counting the number of specials that you currently have in your public fields, rather than individual dex entries. Good for people who are obsessed with hunting or collecting just a few types of pokemon, rather than focused on filling out the shiny/albino/melandex. +With three new stats counters, they would fit neatly into the existing three-column layout +Accessable showcase of users with a passion for hunting and collecting- easily browsable from the oldest players who want to see what others tend to hoard, to the newest ones who are just interested in seeing what different specials look like on-site +Could be beneficial for people who hunt en-masse to sell, as it might get eyes on their fields from people who don't frequent the trade forums Negative points: -Could lead to frustrating unwanted trade requests out of the blue more frequently for those at the top -The competitive aspect could also be twisted towards the negative, as some people dont want that pressure or publicity -Information may not be entirely accurate, as many people keep their special and personal pokemon in hidden fields (although, this may not be one, as I believe the same thing happens with the regular 'pokemon hoard' stats? Unsure.) -Could be considered redundant due to the already existing 'largest pokemon hoard' and most completed special dexes lists Reason For Consideration: If implimented, these stats could add an extra goal for hunters to work towards, serve as inspiration to those getting into it, be a frontfacing showcase of the work that many of the most prominant collectors of each on the site have put in, exhibit the art staff's albino and melanistic colorations en masse on-site through what they, and other users, are actively collecting, and they would generally be enjoyable to browse through and get a scope of!
˗ˏˋ☆Art Thread |⟡| Bait Station☆ˎˊ˗
waffel's Avatarwaffel
But won't this make everyone who wants to be high on the stats buy lots of fields? It's really quite expensive... Besides, it might give people with not so much specials stress. Like, it's really not a nice sight to see the other people with tons of shinies in their fields but you traded yours for delta points / traded them away. Thirdly, what about the delta point system??? I mean, I support this as much as I do, since it seems like a fun addition and not a great deal on the staff :) It would be a nice feature, like another leaderboard to try to get on!

display

Lv. 3 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness 27%
Brave nature

TR

Score: 0

credit

most code by me; TR by LyanKai; Avatar
Lil' Merp's AvatarLil' Merp
Note: I mean absolutely no harm or offense in this. I apologise if I seem rude, I'm not the best at saying things in a soft tone when I am debating ^^;

QUOTE originally posted by waffel

But won't this make everyone who wants to be high on the stats buy lots of fields? It's really quite expensive...
Then that's their choice. It's just game money, they're not going to go bankrupt irl if they buy a bunch of fields they don't want. And anyway, they can sell it back, if abit for a little less. Also, people who are really pumped up about joining the ranks probably wouldn't let that dissuade them.

Besides, it might give people with not so much specials stress. Like, it's really not a nice sight to see the other people with tons of shinies in their fields but you traded yours for delta points / traded them away.
Honestly? The stats isn't something you can get to easily. I didn't know it existed for the entire first year I was on pokefarm. It's not something extremely in your face and hard to avoid, it's a whole seperate page. If it makes people feel bad, they can just not look at it. And there are catagories for biggest pokemon hoards and biggest dexes. Wouldn't those already follow the negitives you've brought up [pressuring people to buy fields, making others feel bad?] [But honestly, it's strange to me that seeing people with specials would make others feel bad. I personally like seeing people with specials, because I know getting them probably made them really happy. Insert fitting end statement here.] And all leaderboards would probably cause /someone/ stress. Like the tournament leaderboard. It stresses me a bit, but I don't care because I remind myself that being on it is not what I'm after. I don't need it removed just because it pressures me. And if it really bothered me, I would avoid looking at it.

Thirdly, what about the delta point system???
I can't see how it would be affected? Would you mind elaborating?
Avatar made by me, for my use only. Please click this guy!
Durant's AvatarDurant
This sounds really cool. I would like this but I have a question. Why the public fields only? Surely it should be that it counts them even if they hidden from being seen. The biggest hoard using hiddens fields as well I'm pretty sure If its only public fields I don't think I would be that intrested
Check out Durant's Shop
saberia12's Avatarsaberia12
support if it includes all fields
ProfilePic: made by me for me alone. Aka Credit saberia12 08/29/2021 Collecting for a future hunt
× 5 / 500
Jolmed's AvatarJolmed
Hi everyone! Its great to see the input and discussion! It would be pretty expensive to buy a whole ton of fields just to store your s/a/ms, but as Merp said, it'd definitely be a competitive spot to keep up with unless one has already hunted and stored a lot! Its possible to make money in the process of large-quantity hunting, so perhaps that could feed back into itself for the purchasing of fields? A lot of people tend to have special fields for them as it stands, and it'd be entirely up to user discretion whether they wanted to try to climb the rankings ^^ I can see where it might be stressful for people who don't have a lot yet, the rungs would probably be very high. It could be a motivator and inspirational as well though! Like, 'Wow, this person has so many cool albinos, and I see a lot of colorations here that I like, maybe I could try specializing in them and saving mine up too!" It could contend with people trading their s/a/m's in for deltas- the incentive to save them might lead to less people trading them in for delta points, although as I'm not the most familiar with delta specials, I don't have a great scope of what the impact could be. Would love to hear input from people hunting delta specials! The wording about public fields was mostly with the consideration of the pre-existing "Largest Pokemon Hoard" stat. They would be fulfilling similar niches, and I believe that one only pulls from public fields. Although I'm still not certain on that, as I havent really gone through the fields of every single person in the top 50/25, and its possible that it may not the case. I can see the upsides and downsides both to including or excluding public fields. I'd imagine that the top of the list might not be as enjoyable to browse through if the numbers that you can see that the people at the top have, don't line up with the numbers that are visible to look through. It would also negate the 'showcase' upsides. I can also understand why people, especially some with a lot of specials, might want to keep them private for one reason or another. And though I dont have a whole ton yet, I'd imagine that the people who do occasionally get unwanted trade requests and whatnot as it stands. Being at the top of a list like this would no doubt increase the volume. Definitely worth discussing and ironing out! I'd be happy to see them one way or the other :J

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page