PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Obsolete Tokens - Brainstorming a Use

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Yzrch's AvatarYzrch
Hello everyone! I wanted to suggest something that has been on my mind for a little while because I haven't seen it discussed before. This is something that has probably been thought about by the average player who has gone on extended hiatuses before only to come back-- many of us have old tokens from old seasons that are no longer valid. I was gone for several years on an extended hiatus, and now I am back. I understand that they are no longer useful and are legacy items, but I had the thought, what if they weren't? I would like to strike up a conversation about ideas as to what can be done to help those of us with large amounts of obsolete tokens, maybe a once yearly event where we can trade them in for something else or encourage trading with other users to complete our collections. I had the idea that maybe a specific set or combination can be traded in for a specific item for a temporary prize shop. Say, a Bug, Forest, and Peridot token together can be traded for 5x of a perfect berry or something of the like. If you have any ideas, please bring them up here.
It's a little known secret, but your berries don't actually rot on the vine. Shazi eats them if you take too long to harvest. Want to buy some shinies/albinos, pairs, or some BOXBOXES? Come see my SHOP! avatar by me
ValleryP's AvatarValleryP
I'm going to pop on here and say that as of February 8th you can sell Legacy Tokens in your inventory for 10k credits. I'm not saying that it wouldn't be a great idea to be able to trade old tokens in I'm only saying the selling thing to make sure that you and everyone else are aware of it ^.^ I'd like to be able to trade the tokens up to say the last season's tokens (or 2 seasons ago) from time to time.
Score: 0

Apocalyptic Growlithe Pic|Avi by Kattling
Kahuna's AvatarKahuna
I have a similar case to you where I came back from a hiatus and have a significant number of obsolete tokens in my inventory. I think selling for credits/being a cosmetic item is probably enough. I don't think it's healthy for the game to create mechanics that encourage hoarding items and sitting on them for long periods of time. I think the pressure of "you have to use this now or it becomes obsolete" probably fosters a better economy where people use or sell their tokens rather than holding on to them.
If I forget to respond to a post or trade please PM me! I may have forgotten to subscribe. Avatar from Pokémon Showdown April Fools Day sprites, recolored by me.
Yzrch's AvatarYzrch

QUOTE originally posted by ValleryP

I'm going to pop on here and say that as of February 8th you can sell Legacy Tokens in your inventory for 10k credits. I'm not saying that it wouldn't be a great idea to be able to trade old tokens in I'm only saying the selling thing to make sure that you and everyone else are aware of it ^.^ I'd like to be able to trade the tokens up to say the last season's tokens (or 2 seasons ago) from time to time.

QUOTE originally posted by Kahuna

I have a similar case to you where I came back from a hiatus and have a significant number of obsolete tokens in my inventory. I think selling for credits/being a cosmetic item is probably enough. I don't think it's healthy for the game to create mechanics that encourage hoarding items and sitting on them for long periods of time. I think the pressure of "you have to use this now or it becomes obsolete" probably fosters a better economy where people use or sell their tokens rather than holding on to them.
You both provide very good points, but at the same time I don't really think 10k per token is worth the amount of time and effort we put into earning these tokens. In fact, I think it's a little bit of an insult. For a good portion of time, I was participating in these tournaments without really even understanding how they worked. I'm not saying that these tokens should/could be traded for things that are say, BETTER than what is currently offered by the tournament shops, but just BETTER than 10k. Maybe special berries can be rewarded, boxes, gummies, or maybe even a set amount of gp for a certain amount of tokens. I just don't want to sell them for 10k each.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page