PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Trade Subforums

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Kit kat 54's AvatarKit kat 54
Sometimes when I am scrolling the trades forum, it can be tedious going back all those pages to look for a particular type of trade thread. So here is my idea: I think it could be nice if there were some categories of subforums for the trades forum. Some examples being: -Dexing trades -Summons for sale/boxes -S/A/M/D sales -Gem swaps/sales These could just be for types of threads that are most common in the trades forum. Those that are unique or not as common could remain uncategorized or in an "other" category. Just for the main trades forum, not in the trade shops forum. Positive points: I think this could make it a lot easier to find the type of trade thread a user is looking for, specifically. It could also help to declutter a little? Negative points: May appear more bulky and subcategories could be too complicated? Posters would need to move their threads into the appropriate categories. Reason For Consideration: Would improve ease of navigation of the trades forum overall.
Avatar credit goes to RosyBird!!! If you're working to get to Arceus and need summons for legendary egg dexes, I can sell them to you for below market price here at my shop! I also have lots of free/pwyw dexes available c: If you are working on Arceus and need egg dexes, I absolutely recommend this shop! If you're working on Arceus and need help completing your pokemon dex in general, this shop has a pretty extensive living dex and is very helpful!
skypony101's Avatarskypony101
Honestly? it may help some people, but it is definitely unecessary and would add more forums than needed and most likely cause stress to the posters with multiple different things they want to trade i dont really know what would be considered "common" as it really depends on your personal experience and when you look through the trades posts i think it would be a bit confusing to separate them because some people put items+pokemon+currency trades into one post because it would be a bit of a hastle to manage multiple threads (because why have 3 separate threads when you can just combine them all for ease of monitoring?) it may however be better to only put dexes and auctions in their own subforums? if you're really into separating pokemon and item trades, maybe a general pokemon or items trading subforum is better? it seems redundant to separate things like summons and gems as theyre both items. same thing for dexing and selling pokemon imo, there isnt really a need to separate them because its still both pokemon trades--but i do get this separation more than any item ones as theyre different enough that it could be reasoned
my avatar is a picture of my dog Tika, taken my me :) check out my dexing service! *
image made by me. shiny, albino, mega, and totem sticker from PFQ
click the counter to go to my profile and get your own! 15 TR types available
Sooty's AvatarSooty
I do see the issue of it being harder due to people needing multiple shops instead of just the one. However some sorting would be helpful. I feel that there should definitely be a seperate section for auctions, and for free things like dexing and free fields. This at least would help declutter the trade forums. I'm not sure about seperating it more than that though as I feel that would become too difficult for shop owners to manage. Perhaps there could also be seperate sections for pokemon trades vs items, but I don't think anything more than that would be feasible. To summerise: - A free subforum (dexing, free pokemon, etc) - Auctions (self explanatory) - Pokemon trades (specials, breeding pairs, etc) - Item trades (gems, boxes, summons, etc) So half support? I definitely would like more organised trade forums, but this suggestion would seperate stuff too much imo. Hence the alternative I would like to propose.
Lv. 100 — +736,617
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
GrassDragon
Happiness MAX
Sassy nature
<< omnomnom Also check out my Adopt Shop!
StarlessSky's AvatarStarlessSky
I’m undecided, as yes, it would be useful and easier to find stuff, but also, what about the shops that sell various things? (eg. dexing, specials, and items)
Avatar made for me by VanillaDemon of my OC. Made by angelatos! Sky; She/her; I am the kind of person to quote verbatim from Jane Eyre. Unprompted. In text conversations. Beware. ^^My first shiny hatched
Support, within reason The trades forum could use some extra filters, of sorts. It would definitely help declutter if there were, say, a dexing subforum and an auctions subforum like Sooty mentioned. Also, the following is listed in the rules about the general trade forum.

QUOTE originally posted by Trade Rules #11

Please avoid excessively-complicated trade threads, such as listing Pokémon, items, and currency for sale in the same thread
Surely the people who can't or don't want to manage multiple threads can make a shop in the shops subforum so they can put multiple different things up in one go. There's no reason to narrow everything down - the general trade forum can still exist - but perhaps some organization will help.
Call me "Padfoot" please. They/them. Avatar done by panpixel Flarotis design by PFQ
Vanyar's AvatarVanyar
Another possibilty would be to use some sort of tag for threads that could be filtered. So when creating or editing a thread you could choose one or multiple tags that would ideally be shown with different colors for ease of recognition. In the forum you would see those tags in the title of the thread. These tags could be used for normal trading threads as well as shops so people see what is being traded easily. In the best case, these tags could then be filtered.
Avatar by me (it's my Pen&Paper character, if anyone is interested in seeing the complete artwork, you can find it here ^^)
bump!
Bump
Neonyan's AvatarNeonyan
No support. Right now there aren't really enough single use trade threads to justify this. Each "Category" would only have like 10 threads in it at a time, I feel. You can type a key word into your CTRL + F bar and then search it on the first 3-ish pages of the current trades thread and find it right away, or just skim. It's not a perfect solution by any means, but I feel that subforums would be a band-aid solution to the main issue, which is that forums are not searchable in any way.

★ Zachary ★ They/He ★ 22 ★

Quiet nature collector.
Free Eggdex Help + Free Pair Creation Help Free Forum Templatescredits

credits

Code & Divider @Neonyan Signature Pagedoll @Vehemourn on Toyhou.se Forum Icon @Kotatsu on Toyhou.se

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page