PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Cyfer's Journal of Journal-ish Things

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals >

Pages: 12

Cycloneferno's AvatarCycloneferno

Update 10: Double Double Dragon

Things were already good from day 1 of the TR, but I never expected them to get this good. First off, the Noismog hunt ends a success. Another male melan was obtained, but 50 eggs later the female appears: Final Hunt Statistics: Hatched:582 Shinies:12 Albinos:11 Troll Parties:1 On it's own, this would be nothing short of amazing. Going off the idea that I won't get another melan before the end of the race, I switch to Deino since dark is the last V-wave of the race. Then this happens: Hunt Statistics: Hatched:72 Shinies:0 Albinos:0 Troll Parties:0 Needless to say, this is beyond lucky. I'll ride out the Deino hunt hoping to nab some shinies and albinos before switching to Cyclizar when the Deino is fully evolved. Hopefully I can get a mythril wishforge badge before the Niet day comes too, just so I can go full throttle with egg hatching.

Update 11: And Now, We Rest

The Type Race ended yesterday, and as the previous updates should've made clear, I never expected it to be this good. First of all, I've been lagging behind on recording my Melan hunts, so here's a quickfire of them: Statistics (Cyclizar/Dracozolt): Hatched:71+/113 Shinies:1/1 Albinos:2/1 Troll Parties:0/0 The total hatched for Cyclizar is greater than 71, but I forgot to record an exact number. There was also this Melan I hatched 2 parties after the Type Race ended: Statistics: Hatched:623 Shinies:10 Albinos:14 Troll Parties:1 And finally, the stats for the Type Race: Points: 19,681 Shinies: 28 Albinos: 38 Melans: 7 Lowest Interaction Day:Day 6, 60,957 Highest Interaction Day:Day 7, 208,771 It's great to see the Type Race I had been planning for a while turned out so well. is the next TR I'm up for, but my hunting will certainly be more tame when it finally comes (Most likely I'll restrict myself to Paldean Tauros for the duration). This TR also marks the completion of every hunt-related Milestone I had in my initial post. After I finish hunting Dracovish (due to still having an active Z-Crystal) I'll conjure up some additional goals, but for the time being, I can rest easy and accomplished.

Update 12: Fun with Numbers

Well, this is a first, an update to my Journal that isn't a Melan hunt log. With the Daycare update somewhere on the horizon, a redoing of my breeding pairs is going to be in order. Good news: Breeding pairs are much easier to make than before due to only needing one non-native OT. Bad News: I have over 160 pairs to redo, and around 600 if I don't want to worry about them again. On the discussion thread for the update, I had already made some rough calculations around the intensity of the task. And by rough, I mean dead on arrival. Not only were the calculations internally inexact, I had forgotten about a change I have underappreciated: The introduction of the budget system to the shelter. I've quickly realised that with how the shelter works, making every new pair you'd need takes a matter of days at most, with the only real difficulty being obtaining the OT bonus. This update will be dedicated to showing how easy the pairs are to make by way of numbers, mostly for future reference.

Delimiting the Breakdown

- We assume that someone is trying to obtain a breeding pair for every Breedable Eggdex in the game at the time of writing (622), with no overlapping members. - We assume the breeding pairs are being made with one part obtained from trading, and one from the shelter. Trading is required for the OT bonus, but we will assume a minimal amount of trading. - We assume breeding pairs are being made for known pokemon, thus each pokemon taken from the shelter will cost 1 point. - We assume that no other means of obtaining parts of the breeding pairs are used. - We assume that we have a Shelter Pass of rank A or higher. - We assume that the Shelter has pokemon of such variety that every breeding pair required can be completed.

Shelter Budgets

(Budgets will be shown in the format of A/S/X/Star) - At base, You will have a shelter pass budget of 40/80/160/240 - Every Shelter Voucher used within a day provides a 1.1x increase, up to a 1.5x increase total. This increases the budget to a cap of 60/120/240/360 on normal days. - With the Shelter Budget Boost from reaching Grandmaster, a further 1.5x increase is given: Without Vouchers, the cap becomes 60/120/240/360 With Vouchers, the cap becomes 90/180/360/540 - Finally, the Shazi Day Bonus provides anywhere from a 1.5x to 2.5x increase to the budget. Without Grandmaster or vouchers, a 1.5x boost leads to a 60/120/240/360 cap, and a 2.5x boost provides a 100/200/400/600 cap. With either Grandmaster or vouchers, a 1.5x boost leads to a 90/180/360/540 cap, and a 2.5x boost provides a 150/300/600/900 cap. With both Grandmaster and vouchers, a 1.5x boost leads to a 135/270/540/810 cap, and a 2.5x boost provides a 225/450/900/1350 cap.

Converting Budgets to Time

- Using just the base budget from the shelter passes, it would take you anywhere from 16 to 3 days worth of shelter budget to obtain the pokemon you need for breeding pairs. - With any one of vouchers, Grandmaster, or a minimum Shazi day, this falls to a range of 11 to 2 days. - With any two of the above, this falls further to a range of 7 to less than 1. - With all three, this falls to a range of 5 to less than 1. - With a maximum Shazi day, the absolute minimum time ranges from 3 to less than half a day.

Conclusion

Making breeding pairs takes, in the worst case scenario, a little over two weeks if you concentrate on every possible pair. And the best part? While you will suffer some slowdown if you're hunting at the time, the shelter method for making breeding pairs is otherwise non-destructive to active chains. Meaning that you can take as many components as you need for the day and continue with your hunting uninterupted. I'll have to give this a shot once I'm done with Dracovish, which I anticipate will be ending soon if all things go well. In any case, that's my little aside for anyone vaguely interested in this journal.

Update 13: I Must Be Frank

It's been a good while since the end of the dragon type race, but now I can put a pin in dragon-type hunts until after the daycare update comes to pass now that Dracovish is out of the way: Hunt Statistics: Hatched:2240 Shinies:37 Albinos:At least 11 Troll Parties:0 A slightly long hunt, but long overdue given my other melan hunts. It's also technically the last of my dragon TR hunts, given that I'd planned it as a backup if Duraludon was gotten quickly. I'll be using Clamperl as a holdover hunt so I can make use of MCW and the upcoming Sei day. For now I need to brainstorm some new goals.

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page