PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Gift a Random User a Valentine

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

cabbagecrow's Avatarcabbagecrow
Hopefully that title sums it up fairly easily BUT! I think it'd be a fun idea to add an option to gifting valentines that gave you a random user to gift to, instead of always having to put in someone's username. Pros: good for people with few if any active friends on the site, allows them the opportunity to gift a valentine to a stranger and maybe make a new friend, or just brighten someone's day, or receive a return valentine themselves Cons: might be difficult to implement? I'm no coder >~< I think it'd be best to limit it to specifically online users so it doesn't just go to an inactive/offline user who won't receive it. thats all happy valentines:)
Icon from Omori
Goatlady's AvatarGoatlady
I like the idea, although what I did was picked a random number between 1 and 50, and sent to that person that I counted down on the online list, ordered by Activity. I did that 20 times. So hopefully those users enjoyed a random anonymous gift :D
  • Shop
  • Typerace
  • My Special Monz
  • Links
TUBG are an efficient and enthusiastic Team, offering these services: Ditto Speed Dating, Custom Breeding Pairs including Exclusives, Shelter Hunting, Exclusives Hatching, Charm Rental and selling our Special hatches, + items. Don't be shy, come drop by!
Nothing has more points than sharpened Steel!
Score: 3145
Banner created by LycanKai
StartermonFirst Melanmon
Lv. 100 — +1,331,987
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
FirePsychic
Happiness 27%
Sassy nature
Reaper Cloth

Reaper Cloth

Evolution Item

(: 0)

A fabric imbued with evil energies.

Sells for 1,750

Lv. 100 — +1,756,842
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Ghost
Happiness 27%
Rash nature
D.MC's AvatarD.MC
Support, no reason not to add it in as I thought it was a feature a while ago. It is super easy than going in 1 person at a time. Basically, You can gift anonymously but not randomly? Kinda don't make sense to me ngl Let's be honest, majority of people do not have the time to go and seletect 1 person at a time to randomly gift. Better to have a random option eitherway

QUOTE originally posted by cabbagecrow

Cons: might be difficult to implement? I'm no coder >~<
Also this Isnt a valid con. I think its stated in the "summary of rejected threads" so I would suggest removing that part and comeing up with a better con or just not have one at all. Regardless just double check since Niet can code quite alot of things for the site considering he made pfq by himself as far as I'm aware.

PM's welcomed as long as its an actual conversation. person who made my PFP.
Lil' Merp's AvatarLil' Merp
This would be very fun to try! :D Full support!
Avatar made by me, for my use only. Please click this guy!
Raziya's AvatarRaziya
Support because I love the idea of randomly spreading gifts 🥰
Score: 20,787
Team Ghost TR thread!
team poison march 2024 trophy by teaspoonsoup!
Kmastersmash's AvatarKmastersmash
Uhm wonder trade?
Avatar by pokemoon and kmastersmash
SlitherCain's AvatarSlitherCain
I'm going to be the downer and said I don't know if I can support this. While Niet is working on ways to improve the systems, in its current state, this could very well accidentally give it to users who have been inactive for years. Unless it is coded to work similar to the clicklist system (which can have its own biases), it's hard to support in good faith because of that factor. It's meant to be a nice gesture yes, but I'd like that nice gesture to be going to someone who is benefitting from it rather than someone who hasn't been on since 2016.
[Profile picture is from an early-game cutscene in Fire Emblem Engage]
cabbagecrow's Avatarcabbagecrow

QUOTE originally posted by SlitherCain

I'm going to be the downer and said I don't know if I can support this. While Niet is working on ways to improve the systems, in its current state, this could very well accidentally give it to users who have been inactive for years. Unless it is coded to work similar to the clicklist system (which can have its own biases), it's hard to support in good faith because of that factor. It's meant to be a nice gesture yes, but I'd like that nice gesture to be going to someone who is benefitting from it rather than someone who hasn't been on since 2016.
That's why I specifically suggested it only pick from Online users. We already know that's possible because of things like wondertrade and even the option to open a random list of online users.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page