PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Gigantimax Pokemon Sprites

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

AidenW's AvatarAidenW
elite.png
I think this game is pretty cool with megas and totems, but it would be even better with gigantimax! There could be a special item for it like the dynamax band and new sprites for them with shinies and melans! You could also add a fee like the Mega Pokemon.
Avatar and Garden Clan image Credited to Aiden Westover
Team Inferno Overdrive trophy by Noahverse
Team Fire 2024 | Art by LilypadLife
*My avatar was made using Fusioncalc.com (Put aegislash and aegislash together!)
arbor's Avatararbor
arceus.pngd.png
This has been rejected many times due to the sprite size limitations. They wouldn't be able to create dynamax sprites without overly simpliyfing them or cropping them.
arbor ☼ journalflying.png: 0 “The tides are in our veins, we still mirror the stars, life is your child, but there is in me, older and harder than life and more impartial, the eye that watched before there was an ocean.”
credit
Background from freepik.com F2U code by Gumshoe
AidenW's AvatarAidenW
elite.png
Okay thank you for responding.
SlitherCain's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSlitherCain
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pnge+.png

QUOTE originally posted by arbor

This has been rejected many times due to the sprite size limitations. They wouldn't be able to create dynamax sprites without overly simpliyfing them or cropping them.
I was coming here to say this, however, I do wish in the future these mons get something similar to make up for it, be it a mega or totem. It feels like part of them is missing and while I understand for certain mons (thanks Inteleon), others feel like they can easily be tweaked into a Mega design of some sort.
[Profile picture is from an early-game cutscene in Fire Emblem Engage]
AidenW's AvatarAidenW
elite.png
i feel that if they have big sprites for totems and megas I don't see why they can't make gigantimax
Vaporeon26's AvatarVaporeon26
wikieditor.pngmaster.pngc.png
Some gigantamax sprites will end up just being big heads if the art staff actually try to make them Novan Chan has said why

QUOTE originally posted by Novan-chan

QUOTE originally posted by Emily Jones

Is the art team thinking of doing Gigantamax Sprites, since it's the Gen 8 gimic? I just wanted to know if you guys have talked about it or were going to after the legendaries
We've already had thought of doing Gigantamaxing, but its near impossible to really get it to work on a fair portion of them with the Max sprite size on PFQ (100x100 Pixels). Some Gmax Pokémon, Such as Pikachu or Eevee could be reasonably done in that file size but more extremely- like the Galar Starters, would be very hard to make work, because very tiny Pokémon, very big other things in GMax forme... A range of details, depending on the GMax, would be destroyed. I've tested this out with Charizard Gmax, which is moderately difficult because it has some fine details around the face an markings with a lot of flames. I did it in 4 sizes and made 2 types of sprites to compensate for the size differences: 128x128: PFNew's max sprite size (It didn't use the WHOLE size) 100x100: PFQ's max sprite size 90x90: Art Team's typical 'limit' size for most sprites. Roundabout BW/2 Charizard's sprite size... Can't think of the size up the top of my head but its under 90x90. But, if I recall PFQ can't support increasing the Sprite sizes and it can break stuff. Which is one of the reasons why PFNew was wanting to be done. The larger size would be to get GMax's like Inteleon or Meowth to actually reasonably work... and I mean reasonably. Inteleon would still be hard >> We also don't wanna have cut off sprites (Ex: Manectric from Pokémon Pinball RS.) Cause at that point, some would be cut off an other's wouldn't, and that wouldn't really look too nice or clean. We're against sacrificing quality or compromising like that. So yeah, while we wanna at some point, can't really make them work on PFQ... Or if we CAN find a way to make them work then we haven't come across it yet, but we're still looking, and looking to do it right. Staff is currently handling other matters right now, but at a later time we'll be having a full discussion about this soon. ^^
Avatar credit can be found in my journal under the art tabs
signature by Kattscribbles, with help from Wardove. Official Pokemon Art

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page