PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Delta Points for releasing Pokemon

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

VibravaX's AvatarVibravaX
I just finished reading through all the posts on Niet's new 2024 plans, and I saw these few posts discussing trading in regular pokeon for DP.

QUOTE originally posted by Camstar

Hello niet or whover i would like to bring about a post i saw i can't remember where i scoured forums for like 30m and couldn't find it where someone suggested being able to trade in regular pokemon for like 1 delta point in which you responed saying theres a 70% chance of that coming in a future update what about your thoughts now?

QUOTE originally posted by Neonyan

Tbh that doesn't sound like a great idea to me, it would take the incentive of releasing a pokemon away completely and make looking for pokemon in the shelter more annoying.

QUOTE originally posted by SeshieLover

i don't like that idea either as i feel it would take a lot away from the dp market that niet is working to improve atm. giving everyone access to getting dp by tossing every poke to the grinder for 1dp each would mean that you basicly need to do nothing to get dp anymore as you would just dp the normal pokes instead of releasing to the shelter. This isn't a good idea with how things currently work on site.

QUOTE originally posted by Alolan Vulpix

I don't really see the point in dping regular pokemon it would make the dp system useless if we're just dping legends, fakemon and regular pokemon that aren't shiny, albino, melan or delta just for 1dp? That would just mean you're taking your entire field or several fields and turning them into dp when there are a lot of users that collect specific natures or genders for living dexes. Dping those pokemon are a complete waste of time especially when people have worked hard to save up currency to buy pokemon they're missing for the collection.
And while I also don't agree with being able to trade in regular pokemon for DP 1:1, I don't think we should throw the idea out of the window just yet. I'm suggesting a way to get DP by releasing pokemon. This doesn't work as a trade in, the pokemon don't disappear, they just get released to the shelter as they would normally. All that gets added is a little counter or progress bar which keeps track of how many pokemon you have released. Here's a little mock-up:

For every 40 Pokemon you release to the shelter, you will get 1 Delta Point.
16/40
So far today, you have earned 2 Delta Points from releasing Pokemon.
So in this example I would have released 96 pokemon. Of course these numbers could be changed to 50 or 20 or even as high as 400 pokemon for 1 Delta Point, but I went with 40 as that is equivalent to 1 full field. I also felt it was a relatively nice amount to at least feel like you're getting something without making it too easy to get points. And to be clear, I don't want this to count eggs released from the daycare, as that would make it way too easy for mass clickers to get a large amount of DP.
To put it into perspective: This would net ShadowWolf7 (the current user with the most (10,082) pokemon) 252 points if they released every pokemon they had right now. That can delta only 2 full parties of 5k EHP eggs. Of course, no one releases all their pokemon like that. Most of the time it's just the non-specials leftover from hunts that get released daily. Even then though, if someone would max out their shelter star pass and release all those pokemon every single day, they only get about 3 Delta Points a day. Nothing compared to 5 points from 1 guest interaction. And that is if they work hard enough to hatch them all. This means it takes them at least 10 days to delta 1 full party of only 1k EHP eggs. This could be more if you use daycare passes or the supplier, but those are expensive so there's no point in hatching the eggs for the sole purpose of releasing them for DP. Just buying DP would be cheaper. And while the lab is free, you won't be able to hunt anything specific. Basically this would be more of a passive way to earn DP, without acting as an alternative for the already existing methods. This way it wouldn't influence the current DP market a lot, if at all, while still giving some reward for hatching lots of eggs even if they don't contain a special.
Pros: -Makes getting DP slightly less painful even for players who can't hatch a lot of specials. -Gives something for releasing pokemon, which I know a lot of people, including me, have been wanting for a while now. -Doesn't give a lot of DP, so it won't instantly oversaturate the market. -It would encourage people to release more pokemon to the shelter. Cons: -Delta Points will already be getting an update to make them easier to get, so this might end up being unnecessary. -Getting gems for hatching eggs is already a reward, so getting a reward for releasing them as well might be too much. -Users will be able to get some DP without having to put in much effort. Will add more if I think of any or as others share their thoughts. I don't usually post any suggestions so I'm interested to hear what people think!
3000+ Points Reached. Team Savage Spin-out, March '24.
Tha Ninjah~ Check out my hunt shop!
PhoenixBirch's AvatarPhoenixBirch
I was a bit apprehensive from reading the title, but having a release goal for points actually sounds really cool, I support this. Would the progress reset every day or stay consistent regardless of server reset?
  • My Favs!
  • Sikannos!
  • Credit (+ Little Guy)
VibravaX's AvatarVibravaX

QUOTE originally posted by PhoenixBirch

I was a bit apprehensive from reading the title, but having a release goal for points actually sounds really cool, I support this. Would the progress reset every day or stay consistent regardless of server reset?
Thanks! I imagined the progress would stay consistent since it would be a bit annoying if, as an example, you released 38 pokemon and end up missing out on a point just because your release cooldown wasn't done yet and reset happened. Though to be fair, you most likely won't be missing out on a lot if it does reset. You could just decide to only release full fields that you've had for at least 6 hours if you really don't want to miss out on a single point. So it's not the worst if staff decides they want it to reset.
Lil' Merp's AvatarLil' Merp
I honestly am a bit hesitant towards this [It does sound like a reward on top of a reward] but I do like it. I don't have any other social media to share my pokefarm account with, and I'm too attached to my specials to trade them for DP, so this would be a nice alternative ^^
Avatar made by me, for my use only. Please click this guy!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page