PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Artwork Gallery Idea

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

DemonicOtaku's AvatarDemonicOtaku
Suggestion Title: Artwork highlight of the month. Suggestion Summary: With the art gallery here, I noticed that not many people have submitted art. So I thought that maybe like a monthly artwork highlight would help that, and would be fun! On the final day of each month, all artwork submitted that month is displayed into, maybe an announcement or something like that, with an option for all the users on PFQ to be able to vote for the piece of artwork they like the most. (With the exception of voting for their own artwork) And the next day on the 1st of the next month the artwork that recieved the most votes gets spotlighted on the top of the gallery page, and maybe the user who submitted it gets some sort of small prize. Positive points: This would really get the art gallery active. This would really bring out all the artists in the community. Negative points: Only 1 or 2 people may submit artwork. A really good artist may enter each month and keep winning. Reason For Consideration: This could be really fun for the whole community I think, and could really bring together the artists on here to not only share some of their techniques with other artists, but also help not as good artists improve their techniques and better themselves.
~ Avatar Credit - Original Artwork By (c)Nintendo Dream World - Recolored By Me ~
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez
The Art Gallery has just recently been brought back after it's been gone for 9 months. So of course there isn't a lot of art yet, but this will change over time. ^^ It'll be updated once every month, to make updates consistent. However, I'm strongly against a popularity vote. The Image Gallery isn't a contest and shouldn't be treated as such. We accept any and all sorts of fan-made art because we love seeing what people can do. Skill levels will only drive people less confident away.
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez
DemonicOtaku's AvatarDemonicOtaku

QUOTE originally posted by Eltafez

The Art Gallery has just recently been brought back after it's been gone for 9 months. So of course there isn't a lot of art yet, but this will change over time. ^^ It'll be updated once every month, to make updates consistent. However, I'm strongly against a popularity vote. The Image Gallery isn't a contest and shouldn't be treated as such. We accept any and all sorts of fan-made art because we love seeing what people can do. Skill levels will only drive people less confident away.
Oh yeah, thats very true. Making it seem like a competition would take the fun out of it for a lot of people. :/

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page