PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Braille markings on unown eggs

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Sooty's AvatarSooty
Disclaimer! I do not use braille and have no experience in it. This idea just crossed my mind, if there are any factual errors or complications about portraying the letters, please say so!! Suggestion Title: Braille number markings on unown eggs Suggestion Summary: So, it's basically impossible to tell what type of unown is in an egg given that they all have the same texture. And a different species of unown breaks hunts, something I've seen a fair few people annoyed about as it makes it very difficult to hunt them. Picking up the wrong one either eats a slot until it can be released, wastes an egg pass, or breaks the chain. With how easy it is to get the wrong forme, those limitations will add up very fast. However, it does make sense that they have the same texture. So I propose a very small change to each of the eggs, having dots on them that equate to that symbol in braille. This way they keep the iconic texture and that element of uniformity across the formes, while having something subtle but identifiable to help people know what they are adopting. (Also, braile is a combination of just 6 dots, so fitting them shouldn't be much of an issue) Positive points: Keeps the same identifiable egg texture and keeps the forme eggs looking very similar. Would make hunting them/searching for a specific forme much more achiveable. Negative points: Current value of special unowns might drop. Dots may be hard to see for the visually impaired or those with small screens. Reason For Consideration: I believe it would improve the experience of hunting for unown, and bring it to a similar level of difficulty as other non-legendary/exclusive pokemon. I also believe it would maintain the 'group' feeling of unown. (Edit: just fixing some spelling errors, oopsie)
Lv. 100 — +731,273
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
GrassDragon
Happiness MAX
Sassy nature
<< omnomnom Also check out my Adopt Shop!
I think this is an interesting idea. I'm not sure if this falls under the no art suggestions rule, but I think there should be a way to easily discern Unown eggs (outside of QoL, I think there might be a way?). Support.
Always helping anyone with anything, Just Ask!
Shadow Pawmi Avatar by me!
Sooty's AvatarSooty
bumping!
Soa's AvatarSoa
I support because there needs to be a way to know which ones we get instead of all the unown eggs to be the same. Maybe a letter on the eggs so we know which forme we get on them. I agree that it can eat a slot and break the chain that you wanted to use because it's the wrong forme.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page