PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Don't put Legendaries in Weekly Hatching Tournaments

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

Eltafez's Avatarhypermode-12.pngEltafez
supermod34.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngss.png
Declining with the following:

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

It's still random. But it's decided by the randomiser in advance. This was added very early in the recode, because one of the problems before the recode was that the PotD wouldn't update fast enough at Reset. And it just so conveniently allows me to make such a "prediction" feature! But yeah... 3 Legendaries... Unlucky!
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez
Calib's AvatarCalib
junior.png

QUOTE originally posted by Eltafez

Declining with the following:

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

It's still random. But it's decided by the randomiser in advance. This was added very early in the recode, because one of the problems before the recode was that the PotD wouldn't update fast enough at Reset. And it just so conveniently allows me to make such a "prediction" feature! But yeah... 3 Legendaries... Unlucky!
This thread is about making a fairer randomization. It even recognises that it's random, so the issue is still unaddressed. I know the title wasn't great. I'm not sure "Don't put legendaries, summons and special pokemon in the weekly hatching tournament randomizer" would have fit as a title. It was pretty wordy as it was.
Eltafez's Avatarhypermode-12.pngEltafez
supermod34.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngss.png
On the off-chance that somebody out there is hunting a legendary, removing them would be very unfair.
Calib's AvatarCalib
junior.png
This thread is talking about removing them from future tournaments, not the actual pokemon of the day thing that ups shiny chances. It wouldn't impact people regularly hunting anything, legendary or not. Also the number of people hunting shiny legendaries has to be lower than the number of people hunting shiny everything else. If someone is doing a legendary hunt chances are they won't be stopping for a silly tournament anyway as legendaries, summons and the like take a lot more ressources and time than normal eggs just to hatch, never mind getting them to start with. Having to change pokemon daily would hurt shiny chances so shiny hunting something super rare like a legendary while trying to be in a tournament like this one doesn't seem wise or likely.
Silverdni's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSilverdni
hypermode.pngarceus.pngc+.png
If you think about it though, even with 3 legendary pokemons in a week, you proably can't seriously expect even the older players with more resources to waste their summons just for that. So even with older players, it's actually quite fair for both new players and old players since both groups are not likely to be using their summons if they have any just to hatch some points for the tournament. Therefore, both old and new players are likely not able to or unwilling to participate in the days with a legendary pokemon of the day. Thus giving both old and new players just 3 days to do it anyway even with legendary pokemons of the day. Plus if you're arguing for fairness, how would it be fair that older players have to do more work than newer players to achieve the same goals when the older players have spend a lot of time and possibly money to gather their resources. Are you saying that dedicating time and possibly money to a site should result in no advantages being provided to older players so that things would be easier for newer players?
Credit for IMG
TheDementor's AvatarTheDementor
champion.pnge.png
I hit the hard target with drillbur and drowzee. I actually find legendaries an advantage because like it said previously the chances of people using summons is rare. Therefore you have a good shot at keeping the ranking, rather than find yourself knocked out while you slept

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page