PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Coding, extra simplified

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Guides >

naruturdd's Avatarnaruturdd
Hey all! This is my experience in learning to code on here. I figured it could be helpful to new players/technologically challenged people such as myself if they want to learn to code. (: I'll try to break everything down in a super simple manner!! The site can do most of this for you which is nice, but it can't do everything! Even the stuff it can do, such as links, pokemon icons, bold/italic text, etc., you still have to know the basics of it.

Before I begin, you can find a more extensive (and still fairly simple) guide to coding here. This is where I got this information!

Codes are case sensitive !! For the image and links, I used all caps just to highlight where the links and/or text go !! It absolutely matters what order codes are in, though it's pretty self explanatory. Ex, if you use a different color for text on a hidebox panel, you have to go in the order of 1. hidebox code, 2. whatever text code, and then reverse the order. Any time you pile codes on top of one another, you must properly reverse the order that you put them in in order for it to work :> Every open code uses / in order to close it.

HEADERS + CENTER

There are 3 types of headers that I know of. h1, h2, and h3 going from largest to smallest. They look like this:

h1

h2

h3

The code is super simple, [h1]text here[/h1], [h2]text here[/h2], and [h3]text here[/h3] Headers automatically get centered, which is pretty nice. To center text
like this,
the code is also very simple. Use [center]text here[/center]

LINKS

[url]URL HERE[/url] or [url=URL HERE]TEXT[/url] example: [url=https://pokefarm.com/forum/thread/1969/A-Somewhat-Extensive-Guide-to-BBCodes]this[/url] becomes this.

POKEMON ICONS

[pkmn=Species] . Add / after the species for any pfq variants/exclusives! example: [pkmn=Snow Combee/], [pkmn=Luxray], [pkmn=Eevee] becomes , , Add (S), (A), or (M) for shiny, albino, and melanistic pokemon, respectively. Ex, [pkmn=Species (A)] or [pkmn=Variant Species/ (M)]. [pkmn=Eevee (S)], [pkmn=Puppod/ (A)], [pkmn=Growlithe (M)] will be , , Add (F) for any female pokemon. Ex, [pkmn=Nidoran (F)] example: [pkmn=Garchomp (F)], [pkmn=Rhyperior (F)], ends up as , For shiny, albino, and melan female forms, place (F) before (S/A/M) with no space!! Example, [pkmn=Rhyperior (F)(S)] -> To get icons in alternate forms, use [pkmn=Species Name/Forme Name] example: [pkmn=Gligar/Vampire], [pkmn=Silvally/Type: Fire], [pkmn=Manectric/Mega Forme] ends up as , ,

TYPE

to display type icon, use [type=Type] example: [type=Dragon] becomes

POKEMON PANEL

[pkmnpanel=ID]. To obtain the ID of a pokemon, go to it's summary page and look at the URL. It should be a string of letters just after "pokefarm.com/summary/". Copy these letters and paste them as shown below :) Confusing/want more clarity? Let's look at https://pokefarm.com/summary/t2xg_ as an example. The ID for this pokemon is t2xg_ example:
Sweet Heart

Sweet Heart

Consumable

(: 0)

A heart-shaped chocolate given to you by someone who cares about you! Feed to a Pokémon to boost Happiness by 20.

Sells for 1

Lv. 75 — 10,589 / 17,101
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
PoisonNormal
Happiness MAX
Gentle nature
[pkmnpanel=t2xg_] is the code you'd want to use for this! Note that each pokemon has a different ID.

ITEMS

[item=Item Name]. example: [item=Lucky Seal], [item=Gold], [item=Fire Stone], gets ya , ,

NOTE

: I'm starting to see the pattern in coding. Took me long enough ^^

NO BBCODE

[nobbcode]TEXT[/nobbcode]. This essentially obliterates any bbcode within the parameters! Useful for showing how bbcodes actually look text wise.

COUNTER/PROGRESS BARS

PROGRESS BARS

Basic progress bars have to be manually updated for item progress. The code is [progress=PROGRESS/TOTAL]text[/progress] Progress is the number you have (ex. 2). Total is the number you want (ex. 20). Text is whatever you want it to say (ex. credits, pokemon, etc). NOTE: This can be used for either pokemon or items/credits. EXAMPLE: [progress=2/20][pkmn=Puppod/ (A)]2/20 puppod <3[/progress] ends up as
2/20 puppod <3

AUTO COUNTERS

For this, you must combine progress and inventory. The code to use is: [progress="[inventory=Item]/goal"][Item=Same Item] × [inventory=Same Item] / goal[/progress]. As far as I'm aware, the auto counters cannot be used for pokemon. Examples: [progress="[inventory=Nightmare Shroud]/100"][item=Nightmare Shroud] × [inventory=Nightmare Shroud] / 100[/progress] becomes
× 0 / 100
[progress="[inventory=Bindi]/5"][item=Bindi] × [inventory=Bindi] / 5[/progress] becomes
× 2 /5

FOR HIDEBOX:

[hide=HIDEBOX TITLE] HIDEBOX CONTENTS [/hide] **I put an extra space between "example" and the hidebox and accordion codes to make it look a little cleaner (: Example:

super secret

why you trynna steal my secrets :<

FOR ACCORDION HIDEBOX:

There are two spaces before each a-section [accordion] [a-section=TITLE 1]CONTENTS 1[/a-section] [a-section=TITLE 2]CONTENTS 2[/a-section] [a-section=TITLE 3]CONTENTS 3[/a-section] [a-section=TITLE 4]CONTENTS 4[/a-section] [/accordion] example:

aaaah

Let's see if this works.

trial and error

OKAY I'm currently practicing some stuff. Does this work? YES!

yuhh this one is actually kind of important

Okay I got it!! If you choose to do an accorion, make sure that there's no space between the contents of a section and the code!!
Whoooo, this is everything I learned today. If you read this and want clarity or something more in depth, check out the post I linked! (: There's some seriously great information in there. This post/thread is mainly for super beginners such as myself. I'm very picky choosy on what I want to learn, so the stuff here is really only stuff that I wanted to use on my profile here soon. Okay, that's all for now ^^
i love Avatar made by me :>
Sweet Heart

Sweet Heart

Consumable

(: 0)

A heart-shaped chocolate given to you by someone who cares about you! Feed to a Pokémon to boost Happiness by 20.

Sells for 1

Lv. 61 — 9,823 / 14,184
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
FireGhost
Happiness MAX
Brave nature
naruturdd's Avatarnaruturdd
Update 1. I don't believe I mentioned it in my previous post, and though self explanatory, spelling absolutely matters. I spent about 30 minutes trying to put the code in for "unknown y forme," into the need section in my about me. I couldn't figure out the issue since "I spelled forme correctly" and saw no issue haha. If something doesn't work, keep trying. Double check the spelling of everything, even if you're 100% confident you spelled something correctly. I'm now aware that there is no pokemon called "unknown." If you get frustrated, take a step back. Take a little breather, it's no big deal. Mistakes happen and we learn by fixing them! (: Sometimes it takes a minute (or 30) to find the mistake that you made, and sometimes it really does help to look away for a minute and then come back. I recently found a thread of free templates for different codes, if I find it again I'll link it here for reference. The code I have on my page is free to use, but I'd like to at least link some other free codes so y'all have options!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page