PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Magikarp Jump textures

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Strangled Red's AvatarStrangled Red
Hey all! I'm a huge fan of pokemon fan projects, about as much as I am of the games and cards, and consistently I find myself coming back to a minecraft modpack called Pixelmon again and again. One of the things I love about it is that it incorporates the variant styles of Magikarp you can catch while fishing with an appraised rod, based on the official game Magikarp Jump. Not only do they have the variant textures from the game, but they also include custom variants from episodes of the anime, sections of the manga, and more. A list of variant textures is on their wiki but in-game pictures are a bit harder to find, for some strange reason no one has decided to screenshot every individual pokemon and upload them with accurate tags, so someone needs to get on that (/s). I think if the site were to incorporate these kinds of custom textures into the game-- specifically into the fishing minigame-- it could open a whole new world of collecting and trading. Maybe the textures could only be fished up and not bred? It would be to the mods' discretion which textures are added or not, and could maybe be continuously updated over time so it's not a big project that has to be done all at once. I'm also not sure if this would require the entire fishing mechanic to be changed to allow for rarity chances like this, since (as far as I know) there's no shiny/albino/melan chance while fishing, and this sort of project would take up a lot of time and effort, which may be utilized elsewhere. Another potential negative is copyright infringement, but without knowing the specifics of this site, I'd say that since there haven't been any issues so far (that I know of) it wouldn't be offensive to take inspiration from Magikarp Jump. In the case of the other textures on the pixelmon website, they wouldn't have to be directly from the other game, since they made their variations from scratch and this dev team is absolutely creative enough to do their own extra textures. tl;dr: an update to the fishing minigame where a player would be able to catch custom textured pokemon with rare chance pros: more focus/positive light on fishing, cool new pokemon variants to trade and market, (potentially) new small dex entries, would be really cool, could allow newer players access to their own variants to keep or trade cons: potential rewrite to current fishing minigame entirely, potential copyright issues, large workload, market may be oversaturated if odds are too high
avatar icon is pixel art by BAnims on twitter for the fnf mod PokePasta Perdition
Your suggestion is already implemented in the form of Custom Sprites in Cele's Centre It's currently closed, but you can see the amount of Magikarp Jump Custom Sprites available there, but the varieties tend to change in each rotation so do check every so often when it goes live.
Made by Animela
origin of gif is linked in image (8:11)
Made by Animela
Signature by CatEnergetic, with help from Wardove. Official Fire Emblem Heroes art!
ValleryP's AvatarValleryP
To add onto what SälvåtîõñÔfÊõñs explained you can see the formes of Magikarp here.
Score: 0

Apocalyptic Growlithe Pic|Avi by Kattling

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page