PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Quote Notifications

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

steeve's Avatarsteeve
This is a simple suggestion that I was a little surprised isn’t already implemented. I didn’t see this anywhere else either. When being quoted in a post, the user should get a notification pop up. Why? Makes quotes have a more useful purpose and makes it easier to see when someone’s talking to you. Additionally will clear up subscriptions and make it unnecessary to play PM tag to track people down. Currently, quotes are really just to quote and can be redundant, since a @username works just fine when the post is usually just above the one you’re typing. There is little practical use in quoting someone when they know what they typed, and you also already know what they typed. Only time I’ve found just a raw quote useful is during discussions, which is not a daily use. I suggest using quotes to notify people to give quotes a more useful purpose. The current method of staying updated is subbing to threads. But with the 100 subscription limit, it’s pretty easy to hit that cap, especially with deleted posts needing manual unsubscribe. If you get pinged when someone quotes you, that means you don’t have to save a subscription for single-use threads (like in trade subforum) that will clutter up the subscriptions tab. It will also make it easier to find threads that you posted in, and forgot to subscribe to. It’s also a little redundant to have to track down people via PMs when they posted and didn’t subscribe to your thread... when you could just quote them and get their attention. Potentially editing a post with a quote could also ping the user quoted, which would make it possible to keep threads updated. Since we’re not allowed to double post, it’s a bit clunky to edit a post, then have to PM the user to tell them you edited the post. And if they didn’t subscribe, you now have to send them a link... Which is a lot of needless steps. With quote notifications, you can instead skip that and just add an @ into the post and they get a ping. Ideally this should also have a silence option, since I doubt mods will want to get a million pings on announcement threads and so on. The only con I can see is using it to annoy and harass users, in which case that can easily be solved with a report. Quote notifications won’t be able to be used to get around the 2-day bump rule since you cannot see everyone subscribed to a thread, so you won’t be able to just edit a post with an @ towards all of them to ‘bump’.
🌟 🌟

vivillon patterns i need

Icy Snow, Monsoon, Poké Ball Elegant, Icy Snow my pattern is Sandstorm, if you'd like to swap!
i collect δ also check out my trade shop! all art is my own
nope, like you said, it would annoy some people. wait actually, since its a QoL option it can be turned off, full support i guess
"Riddle me this, what makes the world go round? Why that's right, IT'S LOVE! Well, that and inertia along with the north and south poles, we don't talk about that tho."
aluebax's Avataraluebax
I really like this idea! When I first started a few months ago, I assumed that was the function of the quote haha. I think this would be extremely useful.
25 x F x Gemini

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page