PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

EggSweeper Guide!

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Guides >

doctormorbid's Avatardoctormorbid
EggSweeper Guide! ⊱ ──────── {⋅. 🌟 .⋅} ──────── ⊰ Most of us probably don't play a whole lot of Minesweeper (I sure didn't until EggSweeper came along!), so here's a guide on how I personally do it. If you have any tips or tricks to share, feel free to do so! Though, even when you know exactly what you're doing, 100% success isn't always guaranteed. You may come across unsolvable situations and have to hold your breath as you make a guess click. [Side note, my site skin is different to the main site, so apologies if it makes anything confusing!] [If you want my home made skin, it's g9y/celestial] ⊱ ──────── {⋅. 🌟 .⋅} ──────── ⊰

Basics

So, how does it work..? 40 Exeggcute and 10 easter eggs are scattered about the tiles at random. Your task is to reveal all of the easter egg tiles without ever clicking an Exeggcute tile. For each egg you find, you will be rewarded with an easter egg item, and the first time you get all 10 eggs in one game, you will be rewarded with a custom sprite [unsure if this is true after 2022, please let me know!]. For every egg you find, you will have to wait 30 seconds before playing again. Eg, if you find 8/10 eggs, you would have to wait 4 minutes until you can try again. If you don't find any, you can try again immediately. The numbers on the tiles represent how many Exeggcute are DIRECTLY next to the tile. This includes diagonal tiles. If there are no Exeggcute around the tile, more tiles will be revealed. In other versions of Minesweeper, they simply use the number 0 and don't reveal any more for you. If you lose, it will reveal to you the locations of all the Exeggcute, but not the eggs. Any Exeggcute you marked correctly with a flag will be highlighted green. Wrong flags are marked with red, along with the Exeggcute you hit. When you're at 9/10 eggs (as far as I know), sometimes the game will briefly reveal to you where the last egg is. Left click will reveal a tile, and right click will place down a flag which prevents you from left clicking it. You can right click the flag again to take it off. Mobile users can tap to reveal and long press to place a flag. Alternately, there is a switch above the game screen that will allow you to switch between placing flags and revealing tiles with a simple tap.

Getting Started

Here we go! Now, the first thing we have to do is guess. Good for us, if we get bad luck and hit an Exeggcute on our first click, we can try again immediately! So go ahead and make a click right around the middle somewhere. If you click and it just reveals one number, pick another space a little bit away from that one and repeat until you get a bunch revealed. And, as a tip - If you get a decent reveal, but no eggs, then go ahead and guess again since there is still no penalty of waiting if you fail. The corners are NOT a good starting point since that space is more condensed, so you have less chance of revealing large sections of tiles vs the space available in the middle. Ta da! Our big reveal! Time to get solving!

Flags and Safe Zones

So, what now? Our next step is to make good use of these flags we've been given! They mark where you think an Exeggcute is and they are ESSENTIAL. (It IS possible to do this method without them, but you'd need incredible memory and you'd be triple checking everything every time you look at it). The first things you want to be looking for are these cornered in 1s with only one available clickable tile, and encircled blank tiles. These are GUARANTEED Exeggcute tiles, so mark them with a flag! With that done, you next need to look for any other 1s touching these flags with unrevealed tiles next to them. Since you've already found the dangerous tile next to them, every tile next to them (other than the flag of course) are 100% safe to click. See? And wowza, this may look a little overwhelming with how much was revealed, but revise what we just did again and you'll be fine! Remember how to mark out the corner 1s and the safe tiles next to them? You can do it! And so we marked out all the flags and safe spaces we can. But there are no more 1s we can work with, so now we have to move on to bigger numbers. (Don't worry, they're not too scary.)

Bigger Numbers

Alright, we're half way there now! Working with bigger numbers may seem intimidating, but they're nothing to worry about if you pay close enough attention. We're going to do exactly what we did with the 1s. Look for cornered larger numbers or 3s in a dead straight line. Mark out the big number tiles where there can only be Exeggcute. Eg, a cornered 2 tile with only 2 clickable spaces left. Make sure youre careful by looking behind the outside borders too! Again, like we've done before, we're going to look for the bigger numbers where the dangerous tiles for them are already marked out. Any other free tiles around them are safe! After clicking all the safe tiles, we're almost done! Now is the time to take everything you learned here and repeat the steps! If you cant find any more tiles to flag, try looking for tiles to reveal, and vice versa.

Success!

...Almost! I did say you'd come across impossible to solve guessing situations, didn't I? (Sometimes you can make an educated guess based on the number density, but it isn't always so simple). But the important thing is that, as you can see by all the green highlighted Exeggcute, all of my flag placements were correct, and I got 9/10 eggs! Woohoo! Most of the time you'll get 10/10, but sometimes we are forced to guess or make a silly slip up, but that's alright. I hope this guide helped! Happy hunting!
『 icon from mindhack 』
doctormorbid's Avatardoctormorbid
giving this a bump for this easter! discord destroyed the hosting so i've reuploaded the images to site so they'll never expire. (i dont know if we get a custom sprite this year on the first 10/10) happy hunting!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page