PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Shiny/Albino Bad luck protection

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 12

Jayna's AvatarJayna
I'm not the great with this sort of game design and the like- however, I think if its balanced it could aide alot, keep paying customers coming in the paid section, help fund the site without them getting too.... furstrated? Whilw those who are okay with the odds as is will not feel as flooded? As itd still be up to odds. I FEEL like maybe instead of uping the odds persay directly (i could of misunderstood- its 3am for me ^^;) maybe do a reroll? As i would think eventually you would have a garunteed special after a while. Which could affect the market (once again could of misread that xD) But personally even as a current free user I think itd help with people with less overall patience (ex. ADHD, as I personally have it and it does get a little tiring for me at times) and time. ^^ But thats all if a good balance could happen. I'm not a coder or game designer.
A ᴛʜᴏᴜsᴀɴᴅ ʙʟᴀᴅᴇs ᴜɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴋʏ Rᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ʟɪɴᴋ ᴏᴜʀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅs, ʏᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴍɪɴᴇ Lᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛɪᴅᴇ ʀᴜsʜ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜ Aɴᴅ ᴏɴᴇ ᴅᴀʏ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡᴇ sʜᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ -Aᴍᴀʟᴇᴇ
43/400
28/400
Stichman34's AvatarStichman34
The idea is to give those who suffer bad luck a "pick-me-up", not to increase odds massively. I think doubling the odds after hatching 50% more than the chance stops frustration building for too long. I'd love to get a shiny a day, but I know that's way too much, so I would like something in place to stop me going 400-500 eggs without seeing a shiny, stop the frustration on the other side. And again, I'd like this "hard limit" to still not garuntee. Perhaps stopping at 10x "normal" odds.
OddsOdds start scaling at eggs hatchedno of eggs to 10x chancesBad luck protection max
No buffs1/800010000200001/800
40chain1/3204008001/32
shinycharm+40chain1/1602004001/16
I don't think this would significantly increase shinies in flow since this is supposed to start affecting chance after a long bad streak (28.5% unlucky in the example above) Just as a protection from the cruel lady luck, but if that feels too strong, simple increasing the hatch requirement to start the protection works too.
Profile picture made by my friend Ronya as a commission. Edited and used with permission.

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page