PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Ability to Pin Forum Threads

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

POLL: Thoughts?

Total votes: 15

You must be logged in to vote.

nanamou's Avatarnanamou
Apologies in advance for any errors, my current device is kinda glitchy >w< I skimmed the rejected forum and I haven't seen anything like this. My suggestion is the ability to Pin threads. It's like subscribing, but you wouldn't get any notifications. "What's the point of subscribing if you don't want notifications?" "Why do you think there's a Silence button?" 1. I often find a thread that I find interesting but don't want to hear notifs from - or want to read through endless pages of forums to find it when I need it. That's why I subscribe and silence them, but for people who need every sinle available "subscription space", this could be a waste. 2. My suggestion is not "Let's add something that moves pinned subs to the top of your list!" It's "Let's make a new page/section that is like Forum subcriptions, but does not give you notifications."

Pros

-People who need more sub space but don't want to lose a thread would probably find this useful -More TBA

Cons

More of a QoL suggestion and isn't exactly essential? Not to mention it doesn't have many changes from Forum Subs.
Thanks for considering, and sorry that my post is a bit messy >w< I'll make an effort to clean it up later.
nanamou • she/he/they • Pansexual JOURNALPM POLICYART SHOP hello there forums of pfq! i am here to spread the derps and use up pixels on your screen. have a very good day C:
Background is official Genshin Impact art | Icon | Code
albino's Avataralbino
hi howdy, i think im hinting at what you're getting at here but im not exactly sure so apologies if i misinterpreted your initial post. anyways here are my thoughts on this idea: [1] if you are on a computer then you could bookmark or make folders for the threads that you would like to look back onto later; now obviously this would be very inefficient for mobile users since i have used pfq on my phone before and it is quite annoying to have several saved tabs open and it kinda annoys me to an extent (i dunno if its only me lol) [2] wouldn't this essentially be subscribed to a thread but not adding to the max limit?
everything that's being said above is very brief and vague so it may not be the best feedback to the idea but i just wanted to say what i thought about this
Forum Icon: garbocan_
nanamou's Avatarnanamou
@albino - the general idea is correct c: howevr since there was that problem with someone being subscribedto over 100 threads, i think it would be better to have it seperate from subscriptions or something? and you wouldn't get notifications.
nanamou's Avatarnanamou
bump
Sherrie's AvatarSherrie
I think having the thread subscription maximum is pretty generous, and you can just unsubscribe from the deleted threads. Just bookmarking the page in your browser is the same, and if you’re on a different device, it’s your loss lol. If you don’t like the notifications from subs, and you find ‘silencing a waste a space’, then just unsubscribe. You can always bookmark the page on your browser, keep a tab open, or just delete subs that aren’t necessary. Also you do realise you can just make a journal post that has all the links to the threads you visit a lot. That’s literally one of the main reasons journals exist. This suggestion is unnecessary, but it’s not completely useless. There’s a chance Niet could possibly implement this to PFNew, but you can just do the alternatives above.
she/her // jolly collector buying lustrous orbs @100gp pkmn & human art
PFP, Art <3 | code by me
nanamou's Avatarnanamou
@yashiro - I feel like I'm missing something here, I don't think I ever said anything about deleted threads? O.o As @albino mentioned above, bookmarking IS a valid option but would be inefficient. Plus, some people (like me) don't like/can't have multiple tabs open at the same time. The journal point is actually a really good one, but with me I tend to lose things in my journal, even if I stick the link in the first post, I feel that it would be much faster (albiet only by a few seconds) to just have pinned threads, rather than having to go to your journal, find where you stuck the link, click on it, and then finally go to the thread. Not to mention that if Pinned threads looked similar to Forum Subscriptions, you'd also be able to see which ones are deleted and which ones aren't much faster.
Zorana Dragon's AvatarZorana Dragon
There's a way to mute threads that your subbed to so you don't get notifs. Also to add to the journal suggestion, perhaps using some extra BBcode could help orginize your links so you can keep them in one spot but still know what they are by just skimming over the list.
Zorana • 20 • He/They/She • Avatar by me • TR Score: 0 Please don't quote my replies that have code, it'll break them. Journal

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page