PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Locking Pokemons

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Haara's AvatarHaara
I do apologize first of all if this has been denied before and/or it would take more work than Im thinking. But it would be helpful if we could lock Pokemons. Similar how in Pokemon Go it lets you favorite a pokemon. Which can't be traded without being unfavorited. This would be most helpful to those using QOL. (unless mass release isnt QOL.) I recently accidentally released a pokemon to the shelter. I dont remember how I did it. Isnt the first time Ive seen someone post about accidentally releasing a pokemon. So it could be helpful to other users.
"I realized that love might be when we both face the same direction and walk towards the future together" - Its ALL -for you- by Re:Vale 𝄆💕𝄇 Image Credit: Paradox Live Official Art.
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight
Not to latch onto a small part of what you're saying, but I'd really like the ability to select favorite Pokemon :] Preventing them from release or trade before unfavoriting, and then having a separate page where you can view everything you have favorited would be fantastic. It wouldn't be surprising if it was rejected in the past, because a lot of suggestions related to this boiled down to "be really careful when you release things", but I do think it should be reconsidered because it can happen to everyone no matter how careful you are.
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst
NAUGHTY's AvatarNAUGHTY
i support this! as someone who plays on both mobile and desktop, mobile mini sprites arent always colored appropriately and mobile QoL doesn't always highlight S/A/M/D pokemon / the pokemon in your search. not to mention some mini sprites are miscolored even on desktop, for example:
Dedenne
|
Shiny Dedenne
|
Albino Dedenne
|
Melan Dedenne
the BB code i used: [tip=Dedenne][pkmn=Dedenne][/tip] | [tip=Shiny Dedenne][pkmn=Dedenne (S)][/tip] | [tip=Albino Dedenne][pkmn=Dedenne (A)][/tip] | [tip=Melan Dedenne][pkmn=Dedenne (M)][/tip] so between certain sprites having no difference, combined with QoL not always being accurate, i worry the response is going to be "double and tripple check pokemon before releasing" which. i wont lie, i only dont like the answer because it would be a serious pain to have to check each individual pokemon in a field before releasing, which is why mass release is a thing as far as im aware. i tend to release 80 pokemon at a time (2 full ekans dump fields), so having to check 80 pokemon vs having the ability to lock a pokemon, i would greatly appreciate the latter. i would also want this to apply any pokemon and not just S/A/M/D. there's a few regular pokemon that have my preferred nature that ive released by accident, i suppose by not being careful enough. being given the ability to account lock pokemon to prevent them from being traded, released, or DPed (edit: not saying its easy to "accidentally" DP a pokemon, just adding it to the list of un-doable things to an account locked pokemon) would be amazing. i was thinking maybe even a visual lock similar to already account locked pokemon, so others can see a pokemon is not up for trade. i do believe this idea was rejected before (i am no veteran player, but my gf is and when i complain to her she tells me which suggestions have been rejected LOL), but i feel like the ability to lock or favorite pokemon would be used by people outside of S/A/M hunters. i dont know what it would be like to add that kind of code, but i feel this is one of those small yet powerful QoL improvements. if locking pokemon isn't a viable option, maybe changing the mass release screen could be an option? when you're asked if you're sure you want to release X amount of pokemon, the pop up grays out the screen and you can't scroll to see what pokemon are selected, and you can't see what pokemon are obscured by the "are you sure" pop up. due to my anxiety i usually hit cancel or change selection and then individually check every pokemon before deciding to mass release, so once again it would just be a QoL improvement since the only way i can think of to combat this is to put "if lost, please return to" in the custom description, which would require honesty on whoever finds it in the shelter since once a pokemon hits the shelter its free game. sorry for the wall of text, i just felt like there are multiple factors into this outside out double checking which pokemon youre releasing edit: typos
Naughty's Supply Shop Shelter Passes | Shiny Charms | DCP | Boxes | Gems Buying Origin Sashes @ 25zc/equiv:
20/500 Origin Sash
skyvory's Avatarskyvory
If I remember correctly, mass release is only from the QoL userscript (correct me if I'm wrong), and I found a similar thread from 4 years ago here in which this has already been said;

QUOTE originally posted by Ganorith

You're already given multiple warning when you are about to release a Pokemon. I don't see any use in this.

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

I don't think any further systems are needed to prevent you from "accidentally" clicking the four or five buttons needed to release something.
So as much as I would also want this feature, I really doubt it'd be implemented! You could instead make a few "favorite" fields so you don't accidentally mass release anything you want!
˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚
*ੈ✩‧₊˚ skyvory |
brave collector
| art/jrnl ‧₊˚ ⋅
જ⁀➴ icon by me ✧˚ ༘ᝰ.ᐟ
doctormorbid's Avatardoctormorbid
support! as others have said, everyone slips up from time to time, or get pokemon mixed up in a trade rush, plus with QOL you only get one warning when mass releasing and it's easy to make a mistake, especially for folk with memory issues plus it gives a sense of security
『 icon from mindhack 』
clickclick4's Avatarclickclick4
i also support this. i have a lot of trouble remembering which pokemon i want to keep, so it would be really helpful for me if i could just check a box on a pkmn's page thatd just remind me im keeping it for some reason if i forgot and tried to release it
polyfragmented friEndo supporter dnc with syscourse
amazing idea i hope this gets aproved
made by the amazing BlueAssassin247
Made by kitty00829 (Pyra) at ☼ Solar Eclipse Sprites ☾ .
made by the amazing GalactÎcGlacÎfur
The current king
The current Queen

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page