PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

A Guide to Shelter Hunting V2 [WIP]

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Guides >

Lìtwíck's AvatarLìtwíck
Note: I know there is already a shelter hunting guide here, but it seems to have been a WIP for several months. I'm guessing the thread owner went inactive, so I'm making a new one. > English isn't my native language. > This is the first guide I've made, sorry if I'm doing something incorrectly ><;

Shelter Hunting

Introduction - What is Shelter Hunting?
Shelter hunting is the act of searching and reloading through the shelter to find certain pokemon that other users have released. I find it a way as to look thru and see if what other user's released is something I need, but there are other uses to it aswell which include: #1 ) Profit
  • Shelter hunting is a good way to make extra currency
#2 ) Make Pairs
  • You can shelter hunt for specific gender / pokemon to send to others so they can make pairs.
#3 ) Free Fields
  • Shelter hunting can allow you to set up free fields with unique pokemon.
#4 ) Fill in Pokedex/Eggdex
  • I find the shelter a good place to look for pokemon and eggs I need to fill in dex entries.

What can I get from shelter hunting or, What can I find in the shelter?
The shelter is a place to store pokemon that other users have released. Basically, whatever a user releases, you have a chance of finding it.

Some Pokemon I've Found

Very, very rarely users release melans in the shelter.
Albinos
Deltas
Legendaries/Mythicals
Fossils
Exclusives
Variants

Next Post: Tools, Tricks, and Tools

Rain / Litwick - She/they - PMs Closed Avatar
Lìtwíck's AvatarLìtwíck

Tips, Tricks, and Tools

Starting Off - You should probably have these before you start
#1 ) A decent shelter pass
  • I recommend starting off with a Shelter Pass A . It only has 24 adopts, but it's sold at a moderately affordable price for beginners.
  • You can upgrade your pass with profit from shelter hunting.
  • I suggest buying passes from the market instead of the shelter page directly; shelter pass prices in the market are ~70% of what they are from the shelter.
#2 ) Flutes
  • The most important flute for shelter hunting is the White Flute , but if you're hunting for your eggdex you would probably want to get the as well.
  • The White Flute reloads so that the entire shelter page is pokemon, and the Black Flute reloads a full page of eggs. Flutes have indefinite uses.
  • From the history of sold flutes on the market, the flutes are also somewhat cheaper if you buy them with Credits from the market.
#3 ) Patience
  • Shelter hunting can be tedious and boring at first, but you can do the following while shelter hunting to make it more enjoying: Watch YouTube / Livestreams / Videos, talk to friends, listen to music, or write stories. - in general, something you enjoy to do that you can also do while clicking a button on a website.
  • Keeping a positive mindset while hunting is also important: Know what or who you are hunting for, why you are hunting, and thinking that you're getting something out of endless reloading is good motivation!

Shelter CSS - Skin CSS that makes hunting easier
Here is a collection of Shelter CSS that I gathered that might make shelter hunting easier. > Resources : Site Skins: How-To, and Helpful CSS | Bishop's Journal

Align Shelter into a Grid

> Created by DrWho > Aligns shelter pokemon and eggs into a grid format

Preview

#shelterarea { min-height: 350px; display: flex; flex-direction:row; flex-flow: row wrap; display: grid; grid-template-columns: repeat(6, 1fr); grid-template-rows: repeat(5, 70px); } .mq2 #shelterarea { min-height: 175px; grid-template-rows: repeat(5, 35px); } #shelterarea .tooltip_content { position: absolute; bottom: 0; transform: translate(0, 100%); } #shelterpage #shelter #shelterarea > .pokemon { position: static; flex: 1 1 16%; display: inline-block; display: inline-flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center; } #shelterpage #shelter #shelterarea:before { display: none; }

Type Race / V~Wave Eggs

> Created by Bishop > CSS for All Types located here

Alert of Specials in Shelter

> Created by DrWho > Big pixel / icon showing the symbol of the type of special pokemon

Preview TBA

#shelterarea .pokemon+.tooltip_content { display:block; visibility:hidden } #shelterarea .pokemon.lock+.tooltip_content, #shelterarea .pokemon:hover+.tooltip_content { visibility:visible; } #shelterarea:not(.selected) .pokemon+.tooltip_content img:not([src*=gender]) { visibility:visible; float:left; transform:scale(15); opacity:.75; transform-origin:bottom left; -ms-interpolation-mode:nearest-neighbor; image-rendering:-moz-crisp-edges; image-rendering:pixelated; touch-action:none; pointer-events:none; }

Quality of Life (QoL) Userscript

> Changes, information, and everything found here > Enable the script here

Looking for Specific Pokemon Code

> Allows you to search for a custom pokemon or egg. Add this code to your skin and replace ??? with Image Codes, which can be found on the Wiki. #shelterarea > .pokemon > img[src*="???.png"], #shelterarea > .pokemon > img[src*="???.png"] { box-shadow: 0px 0px 50px 25px yellow; background-color: yellow; border-radius:100%; }

Next Post: FAQ

Lìtwíck's AvatarLìtwíck

Frequently Asked Questions

FAQ for Shelter Hunting
- I'm not getting any specials, but I'm following all the instructions. Help?
  • Shelter hunting is tedious and requires lots of patience. Sometimes I'm sitting there for an entire 5 minutes clicking the flute button, and nothing. You have to remember that the shelter only has pokemon other people release, so all depends on what others don't want / clear out.
- Why is there a big pixel symbol on my screen?
  • This might be because you have a CSS on your skin; the alert of specials one. A huge symbol of the type of pokemon found will be displayed on the screen.
- How long does it usually take to find a special?
  • During special events and holidays, maybe a minute. Typical days when I'm just casually reloading will usually take 5-10 minutes.
- Is shelter hunting worth it?
  • I shelter hunt in my free time. I personally think if you have nothing better to do, it's pretty worth it. However, you shouldn't shelter hunt instead of practicing an instrument or doing homework. Focus on what's more important.. :}

Next Post: Reserved

Lìtwíck's AvatarLìtwíck
Reserved Post
Lìtwíck's AvatarLìtwíck
Reserved Post
Lìtwíck's AvatarLìtwíck
Reserved Post
Lìtwíck's AvatarLìtwíck
Reserved Post
Lugia'sSong's AvatarLugia'sSong
How does one make a profit with shelter hunting?
Profile Image from Kattling from DeviantArt

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page