PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Choose Event Sprite's Nature Before Buying It!

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Faded's AvatarFaded
Suggestion Title: Choose Event Sprite's Nature Before Buying It! Suggestion Summary: Let people choose their custom event sprite's nature before buying them similarly to when buying from Cele's shop. Positive points: 1) Users don't have to worry about running out of time getting their favorite nature (before the event ends; the event is only five days, nine less than a trade thread can last which is an important note for people trying to trade for their favorite nature). 2) People go way over budget (with money that they may not have) trying to get the sprite's nature that they may not even get this year. 3) There are a lot of the same threads for people wanting a specific custom sprite's natures, letting people choose what nature they get before buying it may reduce the amount of threads appearing all at once. 4) There's no guarantee for getting said nature since not everybody can afford a custom sprite before the event ends, (meaning that that specific nature may not exist or people won't want to trade the few that do). Letting people choose may promote threads that can help people get exactly what they want vs whatever is available for trade at that moment. 5) You pay the same amount of money for Cele's birthday sprites as the once in a year event sprites (which you can choose a nature for). 6) People are still going to buy/sell extra custom sprites on the trades forum for in game currency for people who can't pay real money, people may even make a thread letting people who can't pay with zc choose their nature before buying it for them. 7) Letting people choose their nature may even encourage people who don't want to bother trying to get only a specific nature to spend money buying a custom sprite (I know I was one of those people). Negative points: 1) Allowing people to choose their custom sprite's nature may result in less spent zc because people don't have to buy multiple of the same pokémon trying to get their preferred nature. Reason For Consideration: You pay real money for a once in a year event that you have to wait a year for before potentially trying to get said nature again, while usually going over your budget (which gets really pricy thanks to currency rates if you're not using pounds). Why not have the option available like with Cele's shop for a rare custom sprite (that might not show up in Cele's shop for another year)?

Example of what I mean

I bought all of these sprites in a row with zc I bought with my own money and and only just got a gentle Sylventine a year later by trading with other users. (Please ignore their names.) Sour/Relaxed, Sour/Relaxed Sour/Impish, Quiet/Dry Sweet/Timid, Sweet/Timid Sweet/Jolly, Bitter/Calm Any/Docile, Any/Docile Any/Serious, Any/Serious
{ Translation: Hello! }
Cat2's AvatarCat2
good idea, i like it, but it would be unfair for the people that got that sprite in the past years
half support leaning to support. it would be convenient but cele would earn less commisions, i'm sure shes not rly greedy for zophan cannisters tho so....eh???
"Riddle me this, what makes the world go round? Why that's right, IT'S LOVE! Well, that and inertia along with the north and south poles, we don't talk about that tho."
LunarHibiscus's AvatarLunarHibiscus
I give me full support on something like this yes in a way this would be unfair to those who bought them the year before, but at the same time it would also be fair to those who have the ZC that would like to buy one or more and be able to pick their favorite natures. this is just my opinion and what i think with how things are now in a way also it's also unfair to those who spend the ZC for one and not get the natures they want, and even with trade there is a small chance of that happening to.
Credits go to heysoup for the cute Noibat icon they drew.
Faded's AvatarFaded

QUOTE originally posted by Cat2

good idea, i like it, but it would be unfair for the people that got that sprite in the past years

QUOTE originally posted by LunarHibiscus

I give me full support on something like this yes in a way this would be unfair to those who bought them the year before, but at the same time it would also be fair to those who have the ZC that would like to buy one or more and be able to pick their favorite natures. this is just my opinion and what i think with how things are now in a way also it's also unfair to those who spend the ZC for one and not get the natures they want, and even with trade there is a small chance of that happening to.
It is unfair to older users who would have to buy one more sprite but put it into this perspective, you consistently buy or trade zc for hyper mode if you want the bonus or other sprites, plus you can always resell or trade the older sprite (without actual money since some people like older dated pokemon as a collectible for that reason and will swap for free just for its’ date alone). Not to mention, probably about half of the older users who years ago bought these sprites may not even be on pfq any longer (saying as somebody from 2016) so it doesn’t matter that much as they may not even be thinking about said sprite. Finally, not to get too preachy but logically speaking change starts somewhere, you change things to make them better for the future but you change things that might be unfair for that reason alone. (Plus it’s a little unfair in general that we pay real money for specific special pokemon who’s nature we may hate for real money and may not be able to swap it in time for something we do like.)

QUOTE originally posted by TheSkyFellDown

half support leaning to support. it would be convenient but cele wo uld earn less commisions, i'm sure shes not rly greedy for zophan cannisters tho so....eh???
As far as I could understand from the last Valentine’s Day event page; Holiday event sprites never appear at Cele’s shop which is the main reason of this suggestion. It only comes around once a year. (Correction but it is still pretty rare to get very specific pokèmon with very specific natures since Cele only randomly chooses one event sprite each time they reopen their shop.)
Vaporeon26's AvatarVaporeon26
Well the easter petripeeps did show up in Cele’s center ramdomly as well as the Halloween marowak https://pokefarm.wiki/Custom_Sprite
Avatar credit can be found in my journal under the art tabs
signature by Kattscribbles, with help from Wardove. Official Pokemon Art

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page