PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Possible HM/Overclocking Rework

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Agent3's AvatarAgent3
I had somewhat of a thought dump in my journal, but I figure it's worth a shot to get some feedback here. To be clear, this suggestion builds off of Niet's suggestion to alter hypermode by separating the ability to chain up to 40 and the remainder of hypermode's benefits. While that suggestion was rejected, it was both wider in scope (including a shiny charm revamp, which I am not touching on here) and differed pretty significantly in implementation. This premise is relying on the assumption that: Overclocking the radar to a 40 chain and Hypermode are separated. They are not mutually exclusive functions on the website. What's being suggested? :
  • Hypermode only is available to be purchased for 300ZC / 28D.
  • Overclocking is available to be purchased at 25ZC / 1D, 120ZC / 7D, 300ZC / 28D, with possible discounts for 6M and 1Y
  • Hypermode + Overclock Bundle is available to be purchased in 28D, 6M, and 1Y vouchers. These prices are the same as current Hypermode vouchers of the same length
Hypermode + Overclock Bundle is pretty much the exact same thing as current Hypermode, it just gets a different name. It activates both systems (HM and Overclock) at the same time for the same amount of time. It still leaves the option open for people who want things to stay the way they are while implementing the improvements for more casual players ie. boosting the radar only for short amounts of time. One issue I saw in the original, rejected thread was that people who had already purchased Hypermode felt like they were being ripped off by the changes. To fix this, after implementation, users with existing HM could retain their HM but also receive an equal amount of time on the Overclock feature. For example, if someone had 13 days left on HM when the update launched they would keep the HM and also receive 13 days of Overclock. That way they're still getting what they initially paid for (40 chain AND the other benefits) just under the two separate systems. I'm definitely open to suggestions about my take on this situation! I'm not sure if there are concerns that I didn't address ^^
seth | 22 | he/him medical lab science student journal icon + sig of my character, by me.
ValleryP's AvatarValleryP
I'm a bit confused isn't your suggestion the same as Niet's? Sorry I'm just asking because they both see to be the same suggestion and Niet's is kinda in the Rejected section.
Score: 267

Apocalyptic Growlithe Pic|Avi by Kattling
Agent3's AvatarAgent3

QUOTE originally posted by ValleryP

I'm a bit confused isn't your suggestion the same as Niet's? Sorry I'm just asking because they both see to be the same suggestion and Niet's is kinda in the Rejected section.
No worries! My suggestion is largely the same as Niet's suggestion and builds off of it, just with some tweaking in regards to how it interacts with current Hypermode to address concerns in the thread that caused that iteration of Overclocking + altered HM to be rejected. Most people didn't seem to be upset with having hypermode benefits and overclocking being separate things, so I'm re-suggesting that aspect, but I'm suggesting that: A. Instead of being able to trade in days of hypermode for overclocking, hypermode users get a duration of overclocking after the update equal to their remaining hypermode time - addresses the issue of current hypermode purchases being devalued / "a waste of money" and B. The current prices for hypermode vouchers (and thus the bulk discounts) are adopted into the "hypermode + overclock bundle" vouchers - addresses the issue of bulk pricing & resistance to change, since these are effectively the exact same as old HM vouchers I hope that makes sense! It's the same thing functionality wise but differs in the implementation.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page