PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

EVs and IVs

Forum Index > Core > Help >

I don't understand and never really understood EVs and IVs and I was wondering if anyone could help me make Blaze a pretty decent Blaziken and maybe help me understand more on EVs and IVs. Blaze's stats
Hello! Have a nice day! Also, check out these amazing art shops! Avatar made by me on Picrew!
Silver Leaf

Silver Leaf

Treasure

(: 0)

A strange, silver-coloured leaf.

Sells for 500

Lv. 87 — 23,261 / 25,038
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryAspear Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryCheri Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
FireFighting
Happiness 43%
Docile nature
LilypadLife's AvatarLilypadLife
IVs are the stats that vary between individuals in a Pokémon species. They cannot be changed, you most likely will have to breed higher IV Pokémon to get higher IVs. (Like DNA, a Pokémon is born with it, and it cannot be changed in any way after it is hatched.) The best IV stats for a Pokémon would be all IVs being 31 (max). Here is an example of max IVs: EVs are stats that you can raise through the Dojo. This helps the Pokémon battle more strongly, as raising certain of its stats could give it better health, attack, defense, special attack, special defense, or its speed in a battle (against another user’s Pokémon). It is highly recommended to check a Pokemon’s stats before training, as it can give you a better idea of what it’s weak points and strong points are for battle. Raising a Pokemon’s IQ will help them to use stronger or more efficient moves in battle, so it’s highly recommended to feed them Gummis. The max EV stat is about 510 EV. Here is an example of max EVs: Hope this helps!
  • Main
  • Collecting
  • Title 3
▪️JOURNALTRADE SHOPART SHOP▪️
Lv. 27 — 2,208 / 2,837
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryAspear Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryCheri Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Poison
Happiness 27%
Hasty nature
Thank you for all the continued support, I appreciate it :)
I collect Normal-Type Deltas since I love Normals ! I also collect Special Deltas (shiny deltas and albino deltas) depending if I have the money! Collecting Delta Azurills, Marills, and Azumarills :3 Collecting Gracidea Seeds !
× 3 / 500
contents 3
pokelover4596's Avatarpokelover4596
EV is short for effor values. In games each time you defeat a pokemon it gives you 1 2 or 3 EVs depending on what pokemon it is. For ex Pidgey gives you 1 speed EV since speed its his highest stat. So by defeating 252 Pidgey you mxed out the speed stat. You can only max out 2 stats so 252 in both stats.And the rest 4 EV you can put them in another stat.Which stat you want to max out depends on the mon in question. For ex if your mon is a physical attacker putting EV in special attack is a waste of points since that mon will never use its special attack stat. Same in reverse putting physical attack EV on something like Gengar which is clearly a special attacker is pointless. Now to answer your question as you can see/know Blaziken is not a tank nor should it be. Looking at its stats you can clearly see this. Now to make it better you need to EV its speed since bse 80 is average and pretty bad. If you were in a competitive enviroment where all mons are EV he would get outspeed by a lot of things that an easily revenge kill(this is a proper term used dont worry) him. To fix this train its speed. The next stat to max out its his Atk which is slightly higher than its SpA however when it mega evolves it is clear it is meant to be a physical attacker rather than a special one. Best natures for him would be Adamant if you want to deal even more dmg or Jolly if you want to make it faster(because yeah even with max speed it will stil get outspeed by a lot of other mons with higher base speed). He gets Speed Boost though which increases its speed every turn the thing is to survive those turns. But since there are no bilities here on PFQ this doesnt matter. In fact none of this matters since here on PFQ battling isnt that important. This is a collectable/breeding site not a fighting one like Showdown where these things would matter more. Now regaridng IVs you cant chaange them once you hatched your mon. You can manipulate them to be higher if one of the parents holds the destiny knot. Looking at your Blaziken total IV 99 it is ok I guess it isnt that bad but it could definately be better. The higherthose IVs stats are the better your mon will be.Other than the 30 in defense which he doesnt even need because Blaziken is not a tanky pokemon and the 21 in speed(could have been better) and 22 in hp the others are bad. You can breed a lot of Torchics until one of them has better IV stats. Ideally as close to 31 which is max.Of course having all six stats 31 meaning max IV is the best but pokemons with 6 IV are raare unless you are an IV breeder or you buy them from one(they sell 5 IV and 6 IV mons which are way better than your Blaziken when it comes to IV). Note that you cant actually chose where or how these IV stats go you can only increase the chances they will be better ideally 31 or as close to 31 as possible so it is still a gamble how these stats will look like. I have breed couple of exclusives mons around here until I got 4 max IVs. It was taking way too long since all the mons I had were bad. Mind that even if you use the destiny knot if the parents have bad IVs the children will be slightly better but still bad. You need good parents and to get them you need lots of breding.I suggest breeding only mons you like until you get perfect IVs on them. The destiny knot costs 1K GP but I can borrow you mine if you want to breed IV mons. Or I can breed you Torchics until you get a better one in case you want. But I dont have a Torchic pair not that it matters cuse I can buy one. Also Ik it is a long message but you cant explain EV and IV in just 2 lines.Hope it is clear now.
Credits to Leon Albertus for making my profile pic.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2022 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page