PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Higher visibility or contrast for interactions.

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

SchezoWegey's AvatarSchezoWegey
I love interatcting with Pokemon in fields, but I find it hard most of the time seeing the green berry indicator. I don't have any issues with my sight and it affects me so I hope it doesn't effect others with problems with their sight. I don't know if there is such an option for higher contrast backgrounds for feeding pokemon. If there isn't I hope this can be added to help! Thank you! :3
Karakara's AvatarKarakara
Hi, the site skin can be changed. Farm->Other Links->Site Skin There you can find premade ones or you can make yourself one. I believe some even create site skins for others to use as well, but cannot link to such a place ^^ Due to that do I not support changing the standard skin
Buying: Ruby Orbs for 20 and Order's Crests for 20 each. PM me or check out my shop Avatar by Temporal

QUOTE originally posted by Karakara

Hi, the site skin can be changed. Farm->Other Links->Site Skin There you can find premade ones or you can make yourself one. I believe some even create site skins for others to use as well, but cannot link to such a place ^^ Due to that do I not support changing the standard skin
Just because the skin should be changed doesn't mean that issues with sight on the default skin shouldn't be taken into account. Especially since the tutorial does not show the player how and where to find it.
Looking for anyone who would be willing to IV breed Petal Maravol.
Zorana Dragon's AvatarZorana Dragon
Support, due to new players not being told how to change the site skin without having to do some digging. Plus if it's the default skin, then it should be easy to see. edit: typo
Zorana • 20 • He/They/She • Avatar by me • TR Score: 0 Please don't quote my replies that have code, it'll break them. Journal
topmarks's Avatartopmarks
i had the same problem when i first joined. the problem is that the indicator for the right berry is green, and the default field background is green. so it just doesn't show up sometimes. this is made worse by the fact that the background is not at full opacity. also i don't know what it means when some pokemon glow yellow, but that confuses matters. unless that's relevant to berry choices, i'd suggest that the yellow glow disappears when you choose a berry, so it's easier to see the right pokemon. with the glow, sometimes the wrong pokemon stand out. a simple solution to this would be to make the green brighter, like lime, and add a dark outline around it (or the other way around - a much darker green, with a bright outline) that way it should contrast against any background
arbor's Avatararbor

QUOTE originally posted by topmarks

[...] also i don't know what it means when some pokemon glow yellow, but that confuses matters. unless that's relevant to berry choices, i'd suggest that the yellow glow disappears when you choose a berry, so it's easier to see the right pokemon. with the glow, sometimes the wrong pokemon stand out. [...]
The yellow glow is part of the Quality of Life userscript, which is entirely created & run by users on Pokefarm. Niet has added an option to use it, but it is not maintained by him at all and is completely optional to use. In the QoL, Pokemon that you have selected to search for in the "Advanced Field Search" option (in a hidebox below the field) will glow yellow like that. You can un-check all the boxes if you don't want any Pokemon to glow. I use QoL and I agree that it can hinder visibility on green/yellow field backgrounds, so I have all the advanced field search options turned off unless I am specifically looking for something. If you have more questions about QoL, the thread is here! Sorry that this isn't directly related to the suggestion, I hope it's not spam, I just didn't want anyone to think that the yellow glowing is an inherent feature of Pokefarm and is a reason to change interaction contrast.
arbor ☼ journal: 0 “The tides are in our veins, we still mirror the stars, life is your child, but there is in me, older and harder than life and more impartial, the eye that watched before there was an ocean.”
credit
Background from freepik.com F2U code by Gumshoe
topmarks's Avatartopmarks

QUOTE originally posted by arbor

The yellow glow is part of the Quality of Life userscript, which is entirely created & run by users on Pokefarm. Niet has added an option to use it, but it is not maintained by him at all and is completely optional to use. In the QoL, Pokemon that you have selected to search for in the "Advanced Field Search" option (in a hidebox below the field) will glow yellow like that. You can un-check all the boxes if you don't want any Pokemon to glow. I use QoL and I agree that it can hinder visibility on green/yellow field backgrounds, so I have all the advanced field search options turned off unless I am specifically looking for something. If you have more questions about QoL, the thread is here! Sorry that this isn't directly related to the suggestion, I hope it's not spam, I just didn't want anyone to think that the yellow glowing is an inherent feature of Pokefarm and is a reason to change interaction contrast.
oh thank you, i found that when i first joined and enabled it and then completely forgot. (the stacking options are great!) i disabled the advanced search and now there's no glow.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page