PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Looking for code help

Forum Index > Core > Help >

IvoryReilly's AvatarIvoryReilly
Hey, I'm trying to understand more and more about coding and more importantly how to do it myself. I've tried looking at all kinds of different codes and understand the basics, but I'm struggling with the specific codes for PFQ. Kinda like [item = credits] -> Is there a list somewhere with how to do stuff like that for each individual item? Like for gems or summons, so I can try to make my own table? I tried looking in the wiki but I couldn't find it but maybe I was looking in the wrong place.
🍑 2k+ stacked and sorted sweet and any fields! 🍑 Check out my shop for gems, summons, S/A, PWYW and more! Currently hunting Snom!
Score: 5852
Gilded's AvatarGilded
Do you mean how to get the names for items? For that, whatever their name is in your inventory/market/etc is what you need! Like [item=DayCare Pass x60] and [item=Medium Fire Gem] make and Not sure if you've seen this guide, but it's there if you don't want to work from scratch
  • [Links]
  • [Credits]
[Sig Art: Akua] [Sig Code: St Jones + yosei-san] [PFP: Rebecca Gold; Petripeep belongs to PFQ]
IvoryReilly's AvatarIvoryReilly

QUOTE originally posted by Gilded

Do you mean how to get the names for items? For that, whatever their name is in your inventory/market/etc is what you need! Like [item=DayCare Pass x60] and [item=Medium Fire Gem] make and Not sure if you've seen this guide, but it's there if you don't want to work from scratch
I used that post for the tables I got in my shop now and it was really helpful in understanding a lot. I dont know, it's hard to explain what I'm looking for. I'm kinda looking for code that's not so obvious, I think I shouldn't have used the credits as an example. More like kinda code where (to me) it wasn't obvious to shorten pokemon to pkmn and I have to type Axew with A instead of a otherwise I get an error.
QuirkyRabbit's AvatarQuirkyRabbit
Maybe this guide would also be helpful if you haven't seen it already. Almost as valuable as the guide itself are all the comments, because a lot of people have asked questions and gotten answers, so you might be able to learn something new just from reading the past posts. I sure did. Anyway, as far as I know there isn't a comprehensive listing of what can be plugged into which BBCode, probably because many of them, especially item= and inventory=, have a lot of possible strings and it would be a lot of trouble to list them all. For Pokémon you can check the wiki though, that was recently added.
trade shop ☆ hunts charms s/a/m/d and more!
art shop ☆ pixel art banners signs and more!
she/her avatar and signature pixel art by me
Tarashia's AvatarTarashia
The pkmn codes should work with lowercase letters in the name (ex: "axew"), it looks like it's just the shiny/albino/melan flag that needs to be capitalized. [pkmn=axew (M)] I'm having a hard time understanding what you're looking for. If you mean if there's a like list of weird exception/edge cases for various codes, then not that I know of... it might be easiest to ask for specific things as you need them, here or in one of the code guide threads. Here's another weird thing about the pkmn code though, if you're interested: all exclusive/variants must have a "/" at the end of their names to display correctly. [pkmn=frosdour/] [pkmn=lunupine/]
ValleryP's AvatarValleryP
Codes work no matter if they are upper or lower case letters. Just be sure to spell them correctly. I'm going to just throw in that the wiki now has a PKMN Code Compendium that has all of the pkmn codes for easy access (because they can get a bit confusing once you start thinking about exclusives, variant formes like alolan vulpix, and other different types of formes like unown or deerling). Also, the wiki has a BBCode page that explains quite a bit about the bbcodes and how they work.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2021 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page