PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Field Type Changing

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 12

muffi's Avatarmuffi

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

(...), whereas Veteran users who can afford more, pay more. See also: money sink.
*looks at joining date* *looks at 3 boxes with ready to evolve to-be-mega pokemon that i have no money for buying stones or pay doug* *looks at HM vouchers for now 3.4m credits (+700k)* *blankly stares in the distance remembering the credits exchanged for relics* *looks at field cost of 1.3m on a dusky day* *starts crying* I never saw a point for switching field types since the price difference is so marginally that it effectively is just losing a field if you not instead directly buy an additional one. So its not a feature i would use in its current state.
Made by popcorn8784
0/5000
Looking for jolly:
Ariados/Spinarak
Golisopod/Wimpod
Pinsir
Vikavolt/Charjabug/Grubbin
Araquanid/Dewpider
DanielTheCake's AvatarDanielTheCake
Bump
Visit my art shop for cheap art! Avatar created by me. banner made by Kingtotodile, an amazing artist!

reposted

70% of the world thinks warrior cats is stupid. 25% say who cares. Repost if you are part of that 5% that would take a hard cover warrior cat book and slap the other people saying, "Starclan is out for revenge!”
i think the current costs for type changing the field should at least be cut by a quarter, maybe cut out 1/5th of its original price, just so the money being sunk would be less. sometimes, i put my mons in the wrong field and the eggs i just fed itm to raise happiness goes down wasting them, it can get a bit annoying
"Riddle me this, what makes the world go round? Why that's right, IT'S LOVE! Well, that and inertia along with the north and south poles, we don't talk about that tho."
DeltaSystem's AvatarDeltaSystem
Reading through this, and I agree with the complaints criticism here. If you were, let's say, a new user changing the type of their default/first field, you wouldn't care much about the fee as credits/gp are easy to come by. However, when you're a "veteran" player, you have to put more effort into the game, and seeing the prices for Doug, the market, eggs, etc it's just not worth it, regardless of how bad you might need/want it at the moment. I've been playing for around a year, and already, things that cost more than 50k credits feel like too much for me, as I've been having to loophole around the market price of beast balls with the egg supplier (which is still majorly expensive) and manage to waste ~6-8 million credits on that alone, and it's taking me months to get another million vs the few weeks when I first started dedicating myself to this. If I were like Gumshoe and had to pay 1.5 million to change a field type, it would simply be too much and not to mention preposterous. I have a vague idea behind your (Niet's) thoughts behind the money sinkhole, but honestly, we have too many with major effects. On top of that, if you were to compare the system to real like property selling, the system is ridiculous. Of course, however, this is a game. Back on topic (not that I veered that far off), the field itself is what holds value, as the type does not affect the price. Of course, there needs to be a money sinkhole, which is why you (Niet) added a fee; But if the type itself does not hold value, and seeing you do not receive credits from the process (as you would if you sold the field and bought a new one), the fee itself is ridiculous. TL;DR The fee is inconsiderate towards "veteran" players and the reasoning for how they can "handle it" is unrealistic, as "veteran" players lose exaggerative credits while becoming "veterans," as time does not define experience. Continuing on this, when you sell a field, you receive the credits that can be used to buy a new one, while with changing the type you are forced to pay the "full price" (equivalent to that of a new one) without the "discount" selling the field would've given. This is, no offense, stupid seeing that the type itself has no value when buying a new field.
~Delta 🪐
Made by HorrorGal13
  • Main
  • Credits
Your chaotic mess. Type Race Points: 0
Tabs by Esme Avatar made with this awsome picrew!

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page