PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Releasing shinies to the shelter

Forum Index > Core > Help >

SuperSai's AvatarSuperSai
I know this more of a psychological question, but why on Earth would anyone release a shiny pokemon, even if it's a Magikarp? I was combing through the shelter for random pokemon I didn't have and saw it... a golden fish just sitting there. I checked it's history, and it was hatched then released... I don't understand why anyone would do that... might as well sell it or keep it.
Go Team Continental Crush! We're gonna crush the competition! My Current Typerace score: 0 My Ninetales collection! Buying Ninetalenite Q for 275,000 CR or equiv.
Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn
There is a few reason actually! 1- People who are melan hunting can lack of space from all the specials and can't sell them all, so they release them to get more space 2- People who just do it to make someone happy 3- Accidental release, you can PM them to make sure it wasn't accidental
My first language is french! So sorry in advance for misunderstanding xD Profile picture made by myself! Gacha for DCP!
Tarashia's AvatarTarashia
Some shinies, especailly ones with a low EHP like Magikarp, don't sell really well since they're easy to get and can't be turned in for many delta points. So if someone is hunting for melanistics they might just realease them. There were also a bunch in the shelter a bit ago because someone was leaving and I guess didn't want to bother with a thread to give them all away before they left. I usually either exchange my unwanted shinies for delta points or wonder trade them... it can just be a lot of hassle to try to sell them if you don't need the money right then.
Gyro Lennox's AvatarGyro Lennox
Well one reason is to many of that shiny? I mean I have around 60 shiny Shinx in my fields for no reason other than I like them. Some people like to release their extras so newer players can find them. It's a nice surprise. I even found a Growlithe the other day and it's a shiny I needed so I was extremly happy. Some people even do this when they are quitting. Just depends really.
Avatar of my fursona Gyro the Demon Wolf. Made by Paranoirz Wait I do art? Yes I do! Hope you will take a looksy~
SuperSai's AvatarSuperSai
Ah. I see. I'm just starting out, so having just a couple shinies seems like a lot. I was used to the main series games.
Yes that is true! not sure if this was mentioned but sometimes people release shiny, albino or even melan when they quit in case they don't like talking in forums for free pokemon they might just release it ^^
(pfp by CirceZ) not sure what to write here rather than I wanted to quit pfq and everyone was sending me gifts, I changed my mind now so I feel guilty but thank you ;-; Click This Little Onion Lady:
Lv. 50 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryAspear Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryCheri Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
PsychicGrass
Happiness 27%
Calm nature
selocon's Avatarselocon

QUOTE originally posted by PikachudittoUwU

Yes that is true! not sure if this was mentioned but sometimes people release shiny, albino or even melan when they quit in case they don't like talking in forums for free pokemon they might just release it ^^
I saw this happen once and they announced they were leaving (and releasing) in discord. Otherwise, it's like many of the others said, usually it's they don't want to Delta them but can't sell them either. Sometimes it's to make random people happy. Cele has people in her shop pay her for shinies and have her release them to the shelter instead. Various reasons, all their own.
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2021 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page