PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Breeding Variants

Forum Index > Core > Help >

MossyMoths's AvatarMossyMoths
Trying to do a chilldoom hunt and I was wondering what would be the best way to go about this. I know the daycare notes that "first gen varients are easier to breed" but what does that mean exactly? Does a frostdour bred by a houndoom with a ice statue count as a first gen or do I need to get a new egg from the supplier? Does "easier to breed" mean a higher chance to breed more varients or just a better chance breeding overall?
Dragonessa's AvatarDragonessa
Hi! First generation variants are pokemon that don't have parents. For normal pokèmon they are easy to obtain because mons from the laboratory are first gen, but for variants is more triky. If you obtain an egg from MCW it's considered first gen but it's account locked so not the best. The only way to obtain a parentless variant is via the egg supplier, as you said in post. "Easier to breed" means there is a high chance to get a 99% pair, but generally the best way to do variant hunts is buying the red gigaremo and sweet hearts, obtaining an high percentage pair and... Click a lot.
Leacky's AvatarLeacky

QUOTE originally posted by Dragonessa

First generation variants are pokemon that don't have parents.
No, that's very incorrect. "First generation" simply refers to the Variants that are bred using the "methods" like the Female Houndour/Houndoom holding an Ice Statue. And the fact that people don't understand this term correctly proves that it needs to be explained on the DayCare page, where it's used. And while it's true that most users usually don't bother with the methods breeding and just go with the 99% breeding pairs of 2 Variants, I now wonder if breeding a 99% pair of regular Houndour and using the Ice Statue method would give better results. That's something that needs some testing.
Credits: *Image of Purple Glaceon used with permission* *Avatar is an official Glaceon sprite from Pokemon Conquest*
* My Journal * My Trade Shop *
Currently collecting
× 6/300
Thunder Fang
× 234/300
Ice Fang
× 253/300
Magatama
Dragonessa's AvatarDragonessa

QUOTE originally posted by Leacky

QUOTE originally posted by Dragonessa

First generation variants are pokemon that don't have parents.
No, that's very incorrect. "First generation" simply refers to the Variants that are bred using the "methods" like the Female Houndour/Houndoom holding an Ice Statue. And the fact that people don't understand this term correctly proves that it needs to be explained on the DayCare page, where it's used.
I'm sorry, I always saw it used in that way, I didn't mean to spread misinformation. Thanks for correcting me :)
Thank you both for replying. At least I have some clarity on what a first gen varient is so I dont have to go spending 750k on a frostdour egg. But I guess the point still stands what has the chance of yielding the most varient eggs in comparison to regular eggs so far Im testing 4 different breeding pairs two 94% chilldooms (non first gen) a chilldoom with a ice statue houndoom two houndooms, one with ice statue and a first gen chilldoom with a non first gen If one happens to be apparently better Ill update you
Breeding a first gen chilldoom seems to produce the most variant eggs. Instead of one per 10-20 its more like one per 3-8

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2021 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page