PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

WYRA (Actual RP)

Forum Index > Pokémon > Pokémon RP >

Ethenin's AvatarEthenin
This is the actual RP! Questions, character sheets and other set-up are HERE. If there is a prompt for characters to react to, it will be located at the end of the post.
Day 1 Sunday, 2nd of September - Midday Clear skies, low humidity, light breeze, feels like 40F
Mr. von Taffy-Greens hit the edge of the platform a lot harder than he intended. That was a lot further than I expected. Grunting, he pushed himself back onto his feet and brushed off his delightfully-fashionable green lab coat. A few feet from him, Dr. Madhat struggled to his feet with the assistance of his Chatot (not the bird was being any help at all). The vice president looked like he was struggling to decide whether to laugh or strangle him. All around, the tourists and employees on the train platform stared at them. The biology professor ignored them. "Sooo...probably shouldn't have jumped off that cliff I guess?" Madhat shook his head, laughing slightly. "Definitely not. I'm still not sure why I tolerate you, Taffy-Greens." "I honestly thought that Leafy could make it!" Taffy-Greens responded indignantly. He turned apologetically to the Gogoat beside him. "No offense." Leafy just made a noncommital noise. Ok. Taffy-Greens turned back to Madhat, who was now adjusting his hat and watching the trains approaching from the valley. "Come on Jemmie! You know you love me." He was ignored. "Jemmie. Hello?" He waved his hands in front of Jemmie's face. "What..." Jemmie responded tiredly. "Yes, okay, you're amazing, I get it." Suddenly, a Rotom in Drone-form flew in front of the two, carrying posters. "Wha-" "Dr. Madhat!" A girl in an olive-green jumpsuit ran over, her Smoochum riding on the portable cooler she was rolling around. "Dad." She acknowledged Taffy-Greens with a nod. "Professor Coulter wanted you guys to know that you left your signs in her office." She gestured to the posters the Rotom was carrying. "Thank you, Ana," Jemmie replied with a smile, snatching the posters before Laffy could. Ana nodded then rolled a few feet down the platform with her own sign which read "Hello Winterville WYRA Students!" "Look at all those people!" marvelled Laffy. "I swear, this place gets more and more popular every year." Jemmie noised his agreements. "Yep." He handed one of the signs to Laffy. "Well, here they come!" They stood beside other waiting, Laffy standing on Leafy's back holding the sign reading "Kalos students HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (with exclamation marks everywhere), and Jemmie with his sign "Welcome to WYRA - Students Meet Here."
A few feet down on the other side of the platform, Ms. von Rensselaer, Nurse Jubilee, and Mr. Wishingson arrived at the platform like normal human beings. Deciding not to take a shortcut off the cliff overlooking the platform, the three arrived on a Galarian Darmanitan. After sliding off her back, Bettsy von Rensselaer pet the Darmanitan on the head. "Good job, Tuttle." Tuttle grunted cheerfully. Wishingson picked up two signs from his Delibird, Nelson, and handed them out to his fellow teachers. After also retrieving a couple wooden poles and a large printed banner from Nelson, he managed to set up his own sign, which read "Welcome Back to WYRA, Students Follow Me." "Wow," Nurse Jubilee said appreciatively. She looked at her own sign, which read "Kanto and Johto WYRA." "You know, I've always wonder why we put regions on these signs. Doesn't that just make new students more confused about where to go? Like, why can't they all congregate under a single WYRA sign? It's not like we do anything by region anyways." "BLAME JEFFERS," said Bettsy and Wishingson in unison. They high-fived, Bettsy giggling softly. Wishingson gave one of his poles to his Furfrou. "I honestly think Jeffers enjoys the chaos." Bettsy looked at her sign, which read "Sinnoh and Hoenn WYRA." "Or maybe it's Brock's idea. You know him; he's an idiot, Greg." "Ha!" Greg laughed. "I don't think I've ever seen you use the word 'idiot' before. You really do hate him." Muttering slightly, he said, "And you're not the only one." Bettsy smiled slightly, while Jubilee stood by awkwardly. The sound of a train's horn captured their attention. Bettsy grinned. "They're here!" Time for the new school year to begin.

POV: Students are arriving at the Winterville Train Station among the tourists. The platform is very large with unbroading on both sides of the rails. Teachers, and Ana, are standing around with signs. Returning students are also on the trains (only a few are allowed to stay over-summer). Not all students arrive. Galar students are too far away to get here on the first day, Alolan often won't arrive in time unless they took a first-class flight on a jet or something. Students have their luggage with them, but no pokemon.
Temporary Custom Pairs Shop!
Lv. 40 — 1,923 / 4,790
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryAspear Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryCheri Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
GroundDragon
Happiness 27%
Bashful nature
941908's Avatar941908
James
James was sleeping the whole train ride. He took first class in the plane thanks to all the money he earned in the contests.He woke to an ear-splitting sound as the train suddenly stops at the train station. “My head hurts.” was all he thought. “OUT OF THE TRAIN!” he hears the commander say, even though he knows the commander didn’t say that. He almost went out of his booth when he suddenly realizes that the commander hasn’t said anything yet. Embarrassed, he sat back down waiting with his head still from motion sickness. Finally, the commander told everyone to get up, while it took James a few seconds to actually realize that they were going. When they got out of the train, he sees a guy on a Gogoat holding a sign that says something on it. It is pretty obvious that there are a lot of exclamation marks on there. James’ head stopped hurting and saw “Kalos students HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” on the sign. Beside the guy, he saw a normal person holding a sign that says, “Welcome to WYRA - Students Meet Here.” Confused, he walks to the biggest crowd of people. When he stopped, he turned out to be freezing cold even though he was wearing four layers of clothing. He realized he had extra jackets in his backpack. He put on all of the jackets except one. He waited there and it felt like forever just in a minute.
Winston
Winston was exhausted when he arrived at the valley. He had to wave at every person that waved at him. And yeah, there were alot of people waving at him. He stopped at a line and collapsed from exhaustion.Winston walked to the nearest crowd of people not actually caring about the signs at all because they did not make any sense. He starts to wonder what time it is because he assumes he is going to wait a long time. He actually took a long time to get to the train station due to his lack of speed. Then he realized. His watch was gone! He ran and checked every place he went. After a long time, he realized that his watch was in his pocket. He was very annoyed at the fact that it was in his pocket for the whole time. He put his watch on and walked back.
Click my bud
Everstone

Everstone

Special Evolution Item

(: 0)

A peculiar stone that prevents a Pokémon from evolving when Held.

Sells for 250

Lv. 52 — 5,264 / 8,448
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryAspear Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryCheri Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Fire
Happiness 27%
Adamant nature
Click Here for free pokemon
Theodosia Parsons’s ship had arrived at the dock earlier than expected so she had plenty of time to kill. She walks around the shopping plaza looking for somewhere to rest, when she spots a cute little food truck in the food court. She rushes over there to get in the line, dragging her suitcase behind her. She nearly runs into somebody. “Sorry!” she yells in apology, as she gets in the back of the line. The person in front of her looks back at her, seemingly annoyed. She smiles back in return. The line is short. There is only two people in front of her, but she feels very energetic, ready to get her ice cream cone. When she gets to the front of the line, she automatically knows what flavor to get: Mago berry. It’s clearly the only way to go. She tells the food vendor enthusiastically and they chuckle as they hand her the sweet goodness of her ice cream cone. She grins and takes it with two hands, careful not to drop it. Walking around the area, she searches for a resting place. Now, where would she eat it—Aha! There is a long bench near the station where she could wait for the train to arrive. She walks over and sits down, content with the nice spot she’s found. The sun was shining brightly, and it was just such a nice day. A few minutes after eating her ice cream cone, she finally decides to get up to throw it away. She walked over to the nearest trash bin when she hears the sound of the train approaching. Quickly, she tosses her trash away and follows the busy crowd of people headed towards the train too. They were all holding their luggage in their hands and dragging their suitcases—wait. Suitcases?! She had left all of her luggage somewhere and she had to find it immediately. She looks around the station in search of them to no avail. “Think, Theo, think,” she scolds herself. Where was the last place she had been with it? She runs over to the trash bin. Nope, not there. She runs over to the bench. Nope, not there either. Finally, she runs back to the food truck. The server at the truck smiles at her. “Looking for this?” he asks, holding up her items. She lets out a tired laugh and gathers up her things, running back to the train as fast as she can. She made it. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- “You are now arriving at the Winterville train station. Please do not exit the train until it has come to a complete stop.” Jessica Vern II quickly gathers up her burgundy suitcase and the lightweight duffle bag on top. She steps out of the booth, looking back to make sure she didn’t leave anything behind, and exits the train onto the platform. It is busy with crowds of people. Many of them looked like pupils but there are several adults holding up signs welcoming the newcomers and the returning students. Jessica looks around, trying to figure out where to go. The brochure in her hand didn’t tell her anything she didn’t already know, so she just wanders around, reading the signs. She spots one that reads, “Kanto and Johto WYRA”. As she begins walking towards the area, she sees another sign that reads, “Welcome to WYRA - Students Meet Here.” She stops walking, confused. Where was she supposed to go? She decides to walk towards the Kanto and Johto sign to ask the smiling lady holding it where she should go. “Hello, I’m a new student here.” she tells her, “Where should I be waiting?”
Ethenin's AvatarEthenin
Laffonse looked down from Leafy's back at the small group of students gathering in front of him. Leafy bleated, probably in annoyance. He was wearing tap shoes after all. Those couldn't be comfortable digging into anyone's back. "Chill," Laffonse scolded Leafy. "I'll be down in a moment," he said to the Gogoat, before turning to address the 3-4 students gathering around. He shouldn't have said that. "Hello-" Leafy Greens reared up on his back legs, and Laffonse promptly hit the floor. Without missing a beat, he got back up, ignored potential stares, snatched Jemmie's bowler bat and bowed. Applause? No, ok. That's fine too, I guess. Jemmie actually looked annoyed at him as he snatched his hat back. Oops, he forgot. Don't touch the hat. Yikes. Clearing his throat, Jemmie turned to address the students. He noticed a couple more trickling in, including one student who honestly looked like a human snowball. An islander, probably. "Hello, students!" said Jemmie in his somewhat squeaky voice. "I see that all of you are new students, so I'll introduce myself. I am Dr. Madhat, vice president of WYRA, and this-" he gestured at Laffonse, who was standing there sheepishly "-is Professor de Taffy-Greens." "So would everyone like to introduce themselves? We will be taking a bus up to the school but we are waiting for a few others to show up."
A few yards down the platform, Ana was greeting her group. Most of them were current students or former neighbors. "Ashley, Minn, I have seen you two for a while! How were your summers?" The third and fourth years provided generic and typical responses. She knew them, but not well enough to go on and on about that kind of stuff. Hmm, I think Auntie said there weren't going to be any Winterville first years this year. Pity. She honestly liked Winterians better. They cared more about the mountain. There actually weren't many Winterians at WYRA. The only ones in her year were herself and a boy named Winston. Speaking of Winston, there he is! She saw the boy wander onto the platform. She was about to call out to him, but he wandered away again. What the- is he doing??? Ana shook her head. He was a brilliant student, but always a bit of an oddball. He finally wandered back, after pulling a watch out of his pocket. Ooookay. "Hey, Winston! How have you been? I haven't seen you all summer!" she asked in greeting. Mimi the Smoochum, who always like the fellow Winterian, blew him a kiss.
On the other side of the platform, Betsy, Jubilee, and Greg watched students gather. "Not many old students this year I guess," commented Greg. "I suppose many of them have figured out that they can just go straight to the bus stop instead of trying to figure out this-" he gestured to the signs "-mess." The female teachers laughed. "Hello-" Jubilee turned to look at the girl who had walked up to her. "Yes?" She asked with her usual cheerful smile. "-I’m a new student here. Where should I be waiting?” asked the student. "Oh, you're in the right place, dear. Just ignore these signs. They're...confusing." Betsy chimed in, addressing rest of the students. "Please ignore these signs. A certain someone-" "coughBrockcough" "shush Greg" "-suggested region-based signs, which we have realized are rather confusing. If you are a WYRA student, please gather here." "Oh!" Julibee exclaimed. "And before we forget, I'm Nurse Julibee, the school nurse." "I'm Betsy von Rensselaer, and since my last name is so difficult to pronouce-"cue the unenthusiastic chuckles "-you guys can call be Ms. Betsy." "And I am Mr. Wishingson, your future history professor. Welcome!" Julibee cleared her throat, and scanned the platform. That seems like mostly everybody. As if reading her mind, Betsy said, "Hey, you two lead them to the bus stop, and I can go check for stragglers." "Sounds good!" said Julibee, before saying to the 7 students gathered, "Alright, everyone, we'll be taking a bus up the mountain! Grab your stuff and follow me." The teachers began walking off to the edge of the train platform.
Jessica smiles at the lady as she tells Jessica that she's in the right place. Other adults ariund them chime in with words but they're pushing and shoving each other and Jessica can't make out what they're trying to say. She just stands to the side to wait for something to happen. There's nothing to do but wait. Then suddenly, a teacher yells, "Alright, everyone, we'll be taking a bus up the mountains." The people all jump off the platform so she follows closely behind. She sees a lot of people who seem to be reuniting with friends. They're laughing and having fun. Then, they are also others like her who seem to be a bit lost too. ————————————————— Theo is panting as she gets on her train out of exhaustion. Wow, she thinks. That was a train wreck. She looks back at her stuff and counts her bags to make sure every thing is there. It's all there this time. Whew, that was close. Just a super long train ride left to go.
941908's Avatar941908

James

"Hello, students! I see that all of you are new students, so I'll introduce myself. I am Dr. Madhat, vice president of WYRA, and this - is Professor de Taffy-Greens." “Finally. I actually found out where to go.”, James thought. "So would everyone like to introduce themselves? We will be taking a bus up to the school but we are waiting for a few others to show up." After she said that, James shivered. The most annoying thing ever in school was introducing himself. Even being bored in school didn’t reach that point because he could literally draw in class. Like, he always just stutters and take five minutes. That isn’t that long because there are some people who are obnoxious and if the teacher won’t tell them to stop, they can go on for an hour.

Winston

Right after he put on his watch, he heard someone. “Hey, Winston! How have you been? I haven't seen you all summer!” Winston stopped. Wait. Isn’t that Ana? “Oh Ana! I’ve been great and what about you? How was your summer? Are you excited for the school year?”
Ethenin's AvatarEthenin
Laffonse stood there, bored, as Jemmie prompted every student to introduce themself. Most students gave their name, region, and area of interest/goal at WYRA. As they finished up with the last couple of students, Laffonse gestured for everyone to begin moving off the now-empty train platform. Jemmie pointed at the boy Laffonse had noticed earlier who looked like a human snowball ((James)). "And you, sir, why don't you introduce yourself?"
Ana smiled as Winston asked the typical niceties. She didn't know him too well but he was a nice guy. And a smart guy. Maybe she'd try to get to know him better this year. "I'm doing great, thanks for asking! I've been doing some extra studying over the summer at WYRA. It's great! Professor Coulter says she'll let me help teach the astronomy course this semester, so that'll be fun. How about you? What've you been doing?" Across the train tracks, on the other platform, Ana could see the teachers and students beginning to move off towards the bus. Her other classmates in her group were starting to walk away as well, so she gestured at Winston to walk with her.
Julibee led the students off the platform and across the tracks, her group merging with Laffonse and Madhat's group there. On a small gravel path leading off the main road, a neon orange bus (recently repainted) awaited. Greg lagged behind at the end of the group as Betsy rejoined them after not finding any remaining students. The two chatted with some of the new and old students.
Jeffers could see the students arriving from the bus he was driving. A lot of returning students were waiting at the bus stop, so he let them in before waiting for the othe students and teachers to come. He honestly didn't know why they let him drive the bus. He sucked at driving. And WYRA was on a mountain. Oh well. As the students walked off the platform, Jeffers chose the moment to open the bus doors dramatically (if that was possible) and step out, raising his cane and bowing to rather lukewarm applause.
941908's Avatar941908

James

"And you, sir, why don't you introduce yourself?" James stuttered. “I’m…..James…..from Akala Island…...in Alola…….and.. ” At this point, almost everyone was staring at him. "So, um.....I want…………….to be a.……..pokemon research….er.." Now, everyone was staring at him. This was the most embarrassing moment in his whole life. It was the longest moment in his life.

Winston

As he walked with Ana, he told her about his summer. “I’m doing great too! I’m so glad that you’re taking astronomy this semester. My—” Sneasel went out of his pokeball. “Sneasel! Come on! You can come out sometime later okay?” Winston told the sad Sneasel. Sneasel went back into his pokeball. “Anyways,” Winston continued as they continued walking. “My summer was great and I had an amazing time with Sneasel. I also studied over the summer.”
The sounds of the bustling train station slowly fade out as the large group of Wyra students hike up the hill. Flicking the hair tie on her wrist, Jessica continues following the people along the long path. When would they finally arrive?, she wondered. The more they walked, the more the heavy luggage and handbag that she was carrying weighed down on her. It was nothing to complain about but the long walk gave her time to think too much. All of a sudden, a leaf falls from a tree and hits her in the face. Annoyed, she waves her hand in front of her face to move it away, and she walks faster. Soon, she reaches the front of the crowd of people walking on the hill. She’s walking next to a couple of teachers having a conversation. She doesn’t hear much of it but she decides to walk ahead of everybody. She walks faster although she doesn’t know her destination.
Ethenin's AvatarEthenin
Laffonse, easily distracted as he was started up a conversation with one of the first years who had expressed interested ecology. He wasn't a big fan of get-to-know-yous and niceties. Jemmie, however, looked at the human snowball sympathetically (he had to stop calling him that in his head or he would accidentally call him that at one point) as the boy stuttered. "Well, nice to meet you, James. And from Akala Island, huh? I've been there to compete in a few contests in my college days. Well, I hope you enjoy your time at WYRA." Jemmie politely answered some questions about his contest career--he was quite proud of it really, and a male contester always seemed to draw interest--, and made a mental note to keep an eye on James. He seemed intelligent: he had to be, considering he got into WYRA with that sort of quiet personality. The group merged with the other group across the platform, and Jemmie saw Laffy walk over to Bettsy to compare numbers. He shook his head. That man never knew when to stop. As they neared the bus, Jemmie could see that several students were already there. He saw Jeffers step out of the bus and bow dramatically. The returning students applauded half-heartedly. Jemmie decided to join in (he felt bad for the guy). Everyone else mostly stared at the dean, either confused or concerned. Dang it, why am I friends with these guys again? Jeffers grinned at the group that was arriving. Tykia, his Starly, pecked at his hand from his cane. "Ow!" he muttered, as the bird looked at him snottily. "Okay, okay, you're not impressed, I get it." But surely everyone else appreciated his entrance, right? But the students arriving just stared at him. Why are they looking at me? he looked at Tykia. She rolled her eyes, or at she would have, if she could. She plucked a folded sheet of paper from his breastpocket and took off, flying towards Madhat. "OH!" he exclaimed, and snatched the sheet back before she could reach her destination. He unfolded his speech. "Hem-hem," he read. Oh wait. He cleared his throat. "Welcome, new and returning students, to WYRA! I see many excited faces here today. Look around at students' fac-oh shoot." He looked around at the crowd. Madhat looked like he wanted to crawl under some covers and hide there for the rest of his life. He cleared his throat again. "We have much to say to each other and to do, but first, we must get to the school!" He pointed at the barely visible tip of the school (his tower was quite tall) up the mountain. Stepping forwards and gesturing at the open bus door, he said, "All aboard!" The other teachers began ushering students into the bus. Julibee announced, "Returning students, sit in the back. First years, up front with us teachers! And two to a seat if possible!" Greg added, "And if your Pokemon can't fit in the bus, put it back into its pokeball; I'm looking at you, Benton!" He looked pointedly at the fourth-year boy with the Abomasnow.
Ana laughed at Sneasel. She watched Winston's interaction with Sneasel, and noticed that he seemed pretty in touch with his Pokemon, more so than many of their other classmates. Hmm, he seems like a pretty good trainer. "Wow, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one doing extra studying!" They finally reach the bus stop, as they were lagging a little behind the rest of the students. As Ana entered the bus, she realized that most of the seats were full. Students were still walking around each other, trying to find seats. She heard Ms. Bettsy call her name. "Ana, since the seats are full, you and Winston can sit on the second floor! We didn't expect there to be so many students!" "Okay!" she responded, and headed to the small elevator in the back that led to the second floor. They usually didn't let students up here but she was a special case (this bus was a tour bus that was repurposed. At least she had room up here. She let L.G. out of their pokeball (they immediately merged into the mini-fridge she was rolling around), and Mimi jumped off the fridge and began talking to Sneasel. "L.G., a couple of Pecha Pops, please!" L.G. opened the fridge and dropped a couple of bottles of pink drink. Ana picked them up and offered one to Winston. "Want a drink?"

Note: There are not enough seats for everyone in the bus, because Jeffers is against requiring people to put their pokemon into the pokeballs if it is unnecessary, so those pokemon are taking up room in the bus. Therefore, any of the PCs can find a reason to sit on the second floor if they want to. Otherwise, they can sit with each other or a random student (you can make and play said NPC for the time being).

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2020 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page