PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Option to view entire "Family Tree" of a Pokemon

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Skipbloom's AvatarSkipbloom
Suggestion Title: Family Tree Feature Suggestion Summary: I have two Gengars in daycare. Sometimes they can produce up to 100 eggs when I make interactions. I obviously cannot adopt them all, so most of them end up in the daycare. Though, it seems that's the last time I see said children. So, I always thought up the idea of a family tree system so I can check on how they're doing on another farmer's account, should they be adopted by someone else. The "family tree" would be a button near the "parents" info, so you can choose to view only the Pokemon's mother and father, or click the button that would redirect to another page showing your pokemon's family tree. Websites like Flight Rising has similar features, or atleast I remember them having something like that...? So I think it should be something nice to implement. Positive points: Would make it easier to view all ancestors, as well as relatives that otherwise aren't shown. It will also be possible to view the offspring you released/were unable to adopt, so it could encourage interaction and clicks between users. Negative points: Would probably be a feature only there for decoration, or pointless to some users who aren't big on breeding their Pokemon. In additon to this, may be hard to implement unless the button redirecting to the family tree "screen" is listed amongst the same options like "check evolution requirements" and the like. Reason For Consideration: Because it would be nice to see who adopted my ghost babies, as I would like to give them clicks for doing so. Also, because I like to make a ton of ghost babies for people to adopt, simply for collection or to help out a beginning player, dumping the adoption center with eggs I couldn't adopt always is nice.
Proud owner of my own ghost ~ <3
Arsenal's AvatarArsenal
This suggestion seems to be almost similar to the one that was recently rejected Some people breed hundreds of eggs per day, so having a family tree would be a gigantic load to store or display. No support, as it doesn't really have any benefits in my opinion.
MisterAsian's AvatarMisterAsian
Like arsenal said, the family tree is just going to look hectic. Just imagine One generation have at least 100. Then the next generation have 100 each (if all of them bred again). You get the idea. It’s just not clean and too much info for sally to know on a Pokémon.
Temporarily not buying my summons. Sorry
32/1000 Buying Lunar Wings for 250k/250gp/50zc
36/1000 Buying Steel Statues for 150k/150gp/30zc
selocon's Avatarselocon
This was removed to save space in the server. For the very reasons mentioned above, it was way too big when you realized that a good pair, with a red gig, can produce literally thousands of eggs
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0
D.MC's AvatarD.MC
no support. i have a breding pair that im sure if this would be implimented, they would litterally kill the site everytime someone tried to view their family tree. on top of that im pretty sure sally is still recovering from a major crash that happened a while ago so with that mixed in it could make the crashes so much worse.

PM's welcomed as long as its an actual conversation. person who made my PFP.
LunarHibiscus's AvatarLunarHibiscus
Credits go to heysoup for the cute Noibat icon they drew.
Skipbloom's AvatarSkipbloom

QUOTE originally posted by selocon

This was removed to save space in the server. For the very reasons mentioned above, it was way too big when you realized that a good pair, with a red gig, can produce literally thousands of eggs
Then why not just have it be a giant field similar to how pokemon are kept in fields then you can scroll through each field and each field represents a generation (or part of a generation), or each generation can be in seperate fields but it's categorized as a generation. Could you perhaps instead of a tree you can just click on a button on the pokemon who bred a bunch of eggs, and view a list of the offspring?

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page