PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

PFQ Mobile Orientation Lock

Forum Index > Core > Help >

FÏrekÏss's AvatarFÏrekÏss
When I'm using PFQ in Google Chrome on my phone, the orientation doesn't lock. I was wondering if anyone knew a fix for this, if it happens to you, if it happens in other browsers, etc. To clarify: Google Chrome co-operates with my phone's orientation lock. It's only the PFQ site that flips the orientation back and forth when I tilt my phone too much.
Yay's AvatarYay
So the site still rotates even if you have the lock active on your phone (meaning it's also active in Chrome)?
Avatar made by Cryst; my sig is my own work. Both the Pokemon and the girl have the same name: Lottie Lock. I named her after Lottie in Erin Entrada Kelly's novel You Go First. The quote at the top is also from the novel.

QUOTE originally posted by Yay

So the site still rotates even if you have the lock active on your phone (meaning it's also active in Chrome)?
Yeah. :) Not sure how to stop it from happening.
Tarashia's AvatarTarashia
You're not the only one with this problem, it's been brought up before and I think I was able to reproduce it but we never got official word on whether it was fixable. Like you said in your suggestion thread it only happens when using the app-like shortcut on the Android home page. The best suggestion we came up with was to use the full Chrome app and just bookmark the site from there, and don't use the home page shortcut at all to avoid the problem.
selocon's Avatarselocon
Yeah, actually going to the site in chrome itself doesn't do this. I had this issue on another site once and the way it was explained to me is that the shortcuts don't "really" open chrome. What they do is basically facsimile it, with all the available functions. But some settings aren't read when they do this
Avatar by the most amazing Mochafox
@Tarashia and selocon, Thanks for the prompt responses! I wasn't sure if Niet coded the shortcut or if Google Chrome was responsible for automatically creating the shortcut with a flaw. Since it appears to be the latter issue, I'll lock the thread and see what I can find online instead.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2020 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page