PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Default avatar pictures?

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration >

Xentriks's AvatarXentriks
Hi everyone! I used the forum search functions (NEAT!) for avatar threads, but haven't really found what I was searching for. Suggestion Summary: In the avatar/signature costumisation screen, have a few avatars to choose from that already have permission to use on Pokéfarm. For example: default avatars depicting a starter pokémon to choose from. Then you can have a little bit of easy customisation without being in any danger of stealing art. It would be more fun to see than the default question mark avatar, and a LOT better than anything that I could ever make artistically ;D Positive points: easier customisation and a bit more choice! Also, maybe people won't steal art as fast? Negative points: I'm not sure how it would impact the server. It would be much lighter than having everyone upload a different file on Pokéfarm, that's for sure. But I'm not certain if it would be lighter than the way we link external images to forums now. Reason For Consideration: I'm SUPER anxious about changing my avatar, because I'm afraid I'll make a mistake D: Anyway, thanks for your time reading! If there's anything you don't understand, just ask. English isn't my main language after all, so maybe there's something lost in translation :D
Blank Banshee's AvatarBlank Banshee
I'd be wary - though we have more artists, they're still under a large load. Also, it's very simple to understand. Three simple steps. 1.) Get permission from the artist. 2.) Screenshot that permission. 3.) Cite where it came from in your signature or journal, and include the screenshot evidence.
Methos's AvatarMethos
Seems like a nice little option, shouldn't be too hard to code, so far as I understand coding... It'd be awesome if this could even be linked to user contests. Say, once a week hold a contest for three Pokemon, best of the submitted images becomes the default image for that Pokemon. Maybe require at least one in-progress image be submitted as well to show that the player actually made the image themselves. I'd have suggested using the Dex images we kept from Pokebattlers, except I'm pretty sure that might count as spoilers.
Official site avatar. Current site avatars were created by the lovely DuchessLunaire.
Xentriks's AvatarXentriks
Thank you for the three steps, Ravyne! Menthos' suggestion about the user contests might take care of the load for the artists? :) (I don't know what Pokebattlers is :D )
Blank Banshee's AvatarBlank Banshee
It might be something for the future, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. As such, I'm going to move this to rejected. Thinking about it and discussing it, I'm going to move this to approved, but more so we can keep this in the realm of possibility. It's not going to happen today, or tomorrow, or really anytime soon, but it's possible.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page