PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Recode v2 Dev Log

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 1234

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
PHP is perfectly adequate, and for the overwhelming majority of cases, security faults are a skill issue, not an inherent issue with the language. It's kind of funny that the JavaScript "ecosystem" is currently touting htmx as the shiny new thing without seeming to realise that they just reinvented the OG XMLHttpRequest system! But yes, my new plans will involve sending data back and forth, and letting the browser render it. This will enable those projects of yours as well as things like QoL to do more interesting things more easily.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Hi Niet! Reading about today's log got me thinking. In relation to some rejected suggestions for server load/general unviability, there's no way to search forums or fields for specific things. If you're working to offload some of the strain on the server and put it on our browser's shoulders, is there any chance of either of these being feasible as a result of recode v2? Even if it was just titles of forum posts within a particular subforum or within your own fields, it would be helpful. I totally get if it still isn't feasible, but I thought I'd check since it came to mind with today's dev log.
Us weirdos have to stick together! Team Gigavolt Havoc for April:
Score: 0
Icon credit to Kattling on DeviantArt
Schezo-Wegey's AvatarSchezo-Wegey
This may have been somewhere that I missed, but can I ask what language you're using? Currently learning Python and was wondering if that was what you used or where you learned what you use.
shinekitten's Avatarshinekitten
as someone who's done a little bit of web server programming myself, these recode updates are a lot of fun to read!
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Schezo-Wegey

This may have been somewhere that I missed, but can I ask what language you're using? Currently learning Python and was wondering if that was what you used or where you learned what you use.
That'll be PHP, for the server-side anyway. Client side will just use HTML/JS/CSS :)

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page