PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Daycare Update 2024 plans

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Daycare Update 2024 plans >

Mio Xenoblade's Avatarhypermode-12.pngMio Xenoblade
hypermode.pngcomplete.pnga+.png
i haven't read all of the discussion here because i don't want to do that to myself. in fact i've only read a few of the inital pages. i just want to chime in on why the vwave and red gigaremo change in particular had such a sudden reaction. i'm sure this point has already been made but alas, maybe it'll help highlight it. they weren't outlined in the initial 2024 update plan post. everything else was. the change to breeding pair compatibiliy was listed. changes in exclusive rates were listed. filling the party with one button was listed. effects to pairs with the vwave as well as the additional red gig cost wasn't, unless i missed something major. if i did and i look like a fool, please point it out to me.

hidden for brevity, but here's what was originally posted:

the compatibility thing isn't mentioned here specifically but i know for a fact it was highlighted somewhere before this post as i saw discussion about it.

Only a minor buff is really needed here. Overall the DayCare is in a good place. However, it could do with a lot more information! - Non-Hypermode users will be able to adopt up to 15 Eggs from the DayCare. Hypermode users will be able to adopt 30. Why 15 and not some multiple of 6? That's to gently guide players towards the "optimal" strategy of having 1 hatched individual of the species, to help look after 5 Eggs! - Getting a breeding chance over 100% - ie. (100+X)% - will yield an X% chance of yielding two Breeding Chances instead of one. More concrete example: two Arcanine with 110% total compatibility give a Growlithe Egg every time, plus a 10% chance of a second such Egg. Please note: some breeding pairs, such as pairs involving Exclusives or Ditto, don't always produce an Egg just because a breeding chance "succeeded". But still, with high enough compatibility, you will sometimes get two Breeding Chances, so you'll still benefit from this! - (QoL) Add a button to "fill party" with the specified Egg, rather than having to adopt repeatedly manually. Of course this does mean you'll have to make space in your Party first, rather than relying on the just-in-time move-to-field option that is currently given if you try to adopt an Egg when your Party is full. But if you adopt that pattern of doing things then you will be able to fill your Party with just two clicks: one to click the button, and one on the confirmation popup! - (QoL) Add a button to "release" all of the specified Egg. I don't personally know when such a button would be useful, but I've been asked for it so... let's do it. You will be able to release all of a particular kind of Egg that you currently have in your DayCare. - (Info) Explain that some Eggs can only be created in the DayCare. (Technically they can be found in the Shelter, but only if someone has created it in the DayCare first!) - (Info) Reiterate the hint about breeding methods producing "unexpected" results, with the suggestion of breeding an Alolan Pokémon with a Vulpix. - (Info) Add a tooltip to the Total Breeding Chance to show the calculation breakdown, emphasising that it is multiplicative (ie. +5% is a x1.05 multiplication) - (Info) This one will need some work on my end, but I would like for the DayCare to actually show exactly what breeding outcomes exist, rather than just the "may produce something unexpected" message. This will also affect things like breeding Exclusives, to illustrate that doing so is harder. Likewise breeding with Ditto will show a 50% chance of "no egg". - On the topic of Exclusives, their breeding rates will be significantly increased, making hunts a fair bit easier. Variants will also see their ratio improved (eg. breeding a Shinx and Buizel will yield more Shinxel than it currently does)
i don't mean to be rude. i don't mean to be hostile. i just mean to say that sudden, percieved-to-be negative changes, are not going to have an immediate positive reaction if the community only has a week or so to adjust to it, when it would have taken months as mentioned to be mulled over by staff or months for the community to adjust to from the original post from 2023. looking at the vwave information again, yeah sure it is an overall buff, but the fact it wasn't mentioned at all prior to this made it a surprise no one was expecting. the red gigaremo too. i bought one to do my big kawotor hunt next month, and i won't lie- it did discourage me when reading it. i could have prepared and kept more gems spare had i knew it was going to be changed. (obviously this has been repealed now, but not when i first read the post.) (seconding what dalia said about berries btw. i have SO many berries, i don't use the garden aside from tourneys, i don't make pokeblocks and i very rarely buy accessories - using berries to power the gigaremo, or maybe using them to make a different consumable to power the gigaremo like pokeblocks (but perhaps requiring more than one berry) would make a lot more sense than using gems.) as far as i know this is the first update that's had a change not outlined in the inital 2024 update plans post in some form, so a sudden reaction questioning where it came from isn't unexpected.
juno
mio is fine too!
| adult | any pronouns | pfq's otter hoarder
f2u codecode shoptrade shopjournal
art by me for my use only!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page