PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in 2024 plans, updates and discussion

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > 2024 plans, updates and discussion >

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

FAQ/Q&A

• X Close
  • Phase 0: New Year's updates
  • Phase 1: The Lab
  • Phase 1b: User Ranks
  • Phase 2: The Shelter
  • Phase 3: The DayCare
  • Phase 3b: The Wishforge
  • Phase 4: The Tutorial
  • Phase 5: Delta Species
  • Phase 5b: Fossil Pokémon
  • Phase 6: Interactions and EXP
  • Other (not covered)
  • Summary to commonly voiced concern/feedback

Q: I'm not sure I like the idea of gifting ZC to users simply for logging in (...) So Staff have any plans to change the price of items worth ZC, and if so, how will it scale?
I do not have plans to change the ZC costs of items at this time, though that may change in future if things go horribly wrong with this update for some reason. The user-driven exchange rate of 5k:5:1 almost certainly will change, but that's not for us to dictate.

Q: So as a question, will the custom sprites be obtainable some other way than exlusively referrals? :0 Like will they be in Cele's Centre every now and then, for example?
Those ones will remain exclusive to referrals. But everything has a price and can be bought. I have several duplicates, for example, I'm sure others do too and could part with them.

This just came to mind with the talks about the gp increase does that also decrease the value of credits? For example if the new ratio was 1zc:6gp:25k credits would things cost less in the market?
User-driven currency ratios are not in our hands.

Q: I love the lab changes, but would there be any boost to an egg you have chained as per the black flute in the shelter? (...) Could the black flute provide a slight boost in the lab particularly as some eggs can be obtained through the lab easily but can only be bred with a Ditto?
I do have a concern that since the Lab doesn't have all eggs whereas the Shelter can conceivably have all eggs, hunts of things that are in the Lab may be unfairly advantaged. Unfortunately I will not be doing a flat percentage chance of it appearing due to Ditto.

Q: To seek clarity on this line: "Champion Rank won't be good enough for it - it was given a weaker version of the boost to alleviate the harshness of losing Arceus rank, but now that the Arceus rank itself has built-in leeway, Champion rank won't need to prop it up." - does this mean that those under Arceus rank are losing the Long Chain Bonus, or is this in reference to something else?
Correct, any user that does not have Arceus rank or above will no longer have the Long Chain Bonus.

Q: if I read this correctly we're gonna get boosted melan chances at a lower rank?
You won't need to have the absolute highest rank after this update, if that's what you mean.

Q: My only question about the shelter is if the hunt bonus (where eggs that are in your shiny hunt chain have an increased chance to appear) will stll be in effect with all the new changes.
Yes, there is no change to the hunt bonus.

Q: will the percentage chance of an egg you're chaining showing up in the shelter be buffed? I could be totally wrong, but doesn't the 50% chance of your chained egg kick in around 1k
No. It's a gradually increasing percentage for every single egg hatched, right from the first egg in your chain, maxing out at 50% at around the 100-egg mark.

Q: Will the shelter refresh for free as it currently does when you adopt an egg? Will you theoretically be able to adopt multiple eggs before fetching a new page or does this cost only apply to manual refreshing of the shelter?
Yes and yes. The first reload after adopting - with or without a Flute - is free.

Q: how the refresh cost will be implemented insofar as just visiting the shelter page?
Visiting the shelter page does not count as a reload, so it will not affect your budget.

Q: So say I'm hunting Vulpix at the moment. I don't care who created the egg, i just want them all haha so I use the flute to refresh the shelter to find them. So now it will cost to do that? I actually have the max shelter adoption pass after saving up for it. Will it happen that I actually won't be able to take advantage of my max adoption limit because I will have run out of points to actually adopt eggs?
I believe you missed the aspect of the shelter budget where it will be approximately x10 your current adoption limit. You will be able to not only take advantage of your current max adoption limit, but exceed it!

Q: With the new Shelter ideas in mind, while this will probably be a big no, if we're having them cost points now, perhaps it could be more likely for Q-exclusive eggs to get in the shelter?
Honestly? Maybe. I was far too aggressive with that particular number due to how oversaturated PF1 Shelter was with Exclusives. So I might want to buff that even without "considering other updates."

Q: do the budget points stack to the next day if unused? like if ive only used 6 out of 24 adopts, does it mean i have an extra 18 adopts the next day?
No. The budget acts as the current adoption limit and resets every new day at server reset.

Q: What about when you refresh, [...] and the egg you found? they were adopted already... [...] to have someone then have to use points to refresh the shelter is not gonna be a good feeling.
That’s indeed not a good feeling! That refresh can potentially be refunded for that turn; the budget is still being tinkered on, as per the update in the first post!

Q: How does Shazi's bonus work with [the shelter budget], does it just give you more budget to spend?
Yes.

Q: Another question about the Daycare, is this boost going to depend on the mon, since I remember reading that newer exclusives have a lower chance to encourage tourney participiation. Will those get boosted too? Will it only impact exclusives not in the tourneys?
Recent tournament exclusive breeding rates will be boosted compared to their current odds, but will still be more difficult to breed compared to other exclusives.
Currently no questions.

Q: Considering everyone will have to do it, I hope the tutorial will not ask us to do something that could break someone’s chain, or maybe make it so that like some tourneys or typerace it doesn’t affect any chain at all ?
I will of course keep it in mind when designing it.

Q: Does refreshing the tasks mean, like with the new player ranks, we have to earn them all again?
Maybe? Depends how I implement the changeover, but it's not like I'm resetting your stats, you'd get to reclaim any of the new objectives that you already qualify for.

Q: with the tutorial, will there be an option to revisit it in whole or part after the initial relaunch of it [without gaining perks, obvs]
Yes, it will be replayable without new rewards similar to event cutscenes.

Q: Would it be possible to consider allowing us to delta non-self hatched pokemon after they have been owned by us for x amount of time? I don't think it has to be a short amount of time by any means but just something I'd like to be up for consideration!
I will consider it. No definite answer one way or the other right now.

Q: I'll reiterate a suggestion made in my incredibly long previous post - Have traded special Pokemon still be DP-able but at a discounted value. Allows for users to still DP Pokemon not of their OT without issue but impresses upon users the value of DP-ing your own self hatched Pokemon.
I'll consider it. A time constraint is likely as well, especially as that would alleviate the "through incompetence or malice, someone might DP a Dex trade" issue.

Q: The new fossil bonus doesn't make sense. Pokemon revived from ancient fossils having the ancient experience needed to help with the hatching and experience-gaining of their fellow fossils, just frankly, makes a lot more sense than "sometimes this big dino makes your magikarp hatch with more gems". If the problem is that the boost is overpowered, maybe just reduce the boost power instead of getting rid of it completely?
The EXP buff was really overpowered and gave an unfair type advantage but we still want Fossils to be special.

Q: About the exp share etc. i keep running out of people to interact with on a high interacting day. so could we have some fields give us some help with the exp share.
We are currently workshopping ideas on how to address this issue to still promote party clicks without "hitting a limit" based on who is currently online.

Q: I didn't see anything talking about possibly re-balancing Shiny, Albino, and Melanistic rates. Is that still on the table for the new features being rolled out?
I don't believe the SAM rates need adjustment at this time. However, I will revisit this once the dust settles post-update and see how that has affected things.

Q: what benefit does having one pokemon in your party with 5 other eggs of the same species give?
The benefit is +40% more EXP, making your five party slots be worth 700% total, resulting in an entire slot more than a party of six.

For concerns regarding the removal of referral-based DP collection
I am considering keeping both the existing guest click DP and adding referral based DP on top of it. Why not? However, I must remind everyone that you are also able to trade DP with other users via vouchers.

Regarding concerns for shelter reloading cost, especially with respect to flutes
I can easily consider dropping the cost of using a Flute to match just a regular reload. No problem there from me.

The interactions/EXP. rework may be the only change I'm hesitant of, or mostly against, as of rn. I'm much more open to party clicks being encouraged through LEs giving greater boost, than to have them only work on party clicks. And I'm especially wary of a soft-cap on the EXP. Share significantly impacting its maximum efficacy. The reality is, that depending on your timezone and availablility, many of us don't have as much access to party clicks. I fear such a nerf would severely disadvantage some players.
I will be easing off on it, mostly focusing on buffing party clicks and trying to avoid nerfing field clicks. But the main point will be that I will try and make parties more accessible in the first place, such as by making it so that if you run out of online users, it shifts to "active but not online" users, maybe prioritising "new" users, stuff like that, rather than just dumping you on your own party page.

[...] On the other hand, that exp buff certainly made hatching prehistoric mons for hunts and the type race less tedious. It kind of balanced out the fact that you're hunting a 7k EHP mon in batches of 5 during the type race, where every hatch counts.
Most of the Dragon-type Pokémon have 10k EXP and users hatching them don’t have an EXP buff to take advantage of.

Regarding the poll about Shedinja's DP
While there was a previous poll/suggestion thread regarding Shedinja and DP, the poll results are not indicative of the conclusion reached in the last couple pages of the suggestion thread's discussion: namely, that no changes would be made to Shedinja's DP at that time (June 2023), because the issues regarding Shedinja's DP value were indicative of a needed overhaul of the DP system as a whole. This is, in fact, that proposal for a larger DP overhaul - including removing Shedinja as a DP farm.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page