PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Shiny chain breaking/counting hatches later

Forum Index > Core > Bugs >

Simplyammee's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSimplyammee
hypermode.pngmaster.pnge.png
Hi! I'm sorry if the title doesn't make much sense, I don't know how to succinctly summarize what happened. Yesterday I was hatching numels for the ground v-wave and switched to houndour today for the v-wave and to also get a chain going for TR. I believe it was between midnight and 1am server time (I'm behind so it was between 5 and 6pm for me, after work specifically) when I went to hatch my new houndour eggs and noticed I didn't recieve a break chain notice for my numels the day before. It wasn't a big deal as I wasn't going to save it and I chalked it up to maybe grabbing a random ground type in the lab and forgetting? I wasn't paying much attention honestly as my priority was now houndour. I hatched a few more houndour eggs and then went to bed. Around 16:30 server time I logged in to hatch my eggs to find a warning I'd be breaking my chain. This was confusing and I had been hatching exclusively houndours and that was what I was trying to hatch now. I went to check what it was saying my chain was to see the game had thought I had hatched 5 numel!! I had somehow lost my houndour chain and somehow started a numel chain overnight. I don't know if there's any way to prove I didn't hatch the random 5 numels, and my houndour chain was probably not more than 40 so I'm not devestated by this, but I really don't want this to happen to anyone else. Bug Effect: (I am 7 hours behind server so the screenshot is 7:29am for me) What you were doing when the bug occurred: I was asleep honestly. It was something I noticed when I woke up to hatch my current hunt. Where the bug occurred: party? Clicks/hatching system? I'm unsure, sorry. Browser: I use Chrome on my mobile device. If it matters, it does it through an "app" like system where I have an icon for pokefarm that it exclusively does everything in that browser instance so it doesn't take any tabs on chrome (I have android). I play almost exclusively on mobile, and was only on my mobile device yesterday. I am about to head into work so I hope this is enough information for now and will be available sparingly until reset, but I absolutely don't mind answering followup questions.
Type Race Score: 0
TR Credit: Hakano Riku/Guide
QuirkyRabbit's Avatarhypermode-12.pngQuirkyRabbit
graphics.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngb+.png

I had somehow lost my houndour chain and somehow started a numel chain overnight.
It is the other way around - your Houndour chain never started. When TR started on Sunday and you started hatching Houndour which is a Fire egg (matching your team type and hence does not break chains), the game thought you would like to keep your 5-chain of Numel and ignored all the Houndour you hatched. To prevent this from happening in future, especially at the beginning of TR, either change your chain on or before Saturday (which is what I do), or check the Shiny Hunt page first thing on Sunday and manually break the chain if you have to before starting a new one.
trade shop ☆ summon rerolls charms s/a/m/d and more!
art shop ☆ pixel art banners signs and more!
she/her avatar and signature art by me
Simplyammee's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSimplyammee
hypermode.pngmaster.pnge.png
Hi! This was posted on Saturday and the chain was definitely started that Saturday server time. Later the day (server time; the next day for me in real life) I had a random numel chain in the middle of my houndour hatching.
Kahuna's Avatarhypermode-12.pngKahuna
booster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngd.png
I believe last week's tournament is what you ran into. If I remember correctly, Saturdays V~Wave was Dark - meaning that hatching Houndour would not break an existing chain. The tournament ended at 7am server time on Saturday, which seems to line up with your timing.
If I forget to respond to a post or trade please PM me! I may have forgotten to subscribe. Avatar from Pokémon Showdown April Fools Day sprites, recolored by me.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page