PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Incense as consumables

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

impish.sei's Avatarimpish.sei
I'd like to propose a change in how baby/incense breeding works - namely, rather than incense being a held item, shifting them to be a consumable one. After all, they're incense, something that surrounds an environment, not something that has to be touching it. Compare to icy/grassy terrain for a Glaceon/Leafeon evolution vs an ice/leaf stone. It's super annoying to be reduced to 52% everstoning, on top of getting only half target eggs. Same for IV breeding, having no choice but to only get half eggs - albeit it doesn't impact the IV breeding here Not only that, but I realised that it's not possible to nature + IV hunt a baby pokemon. Obviously for competitive, there'd be no need to specifically IV hunt a baby mon vs the bigger forme, because baby mons are so useless even if they had an eviolite, but PFQ is nowehere near competitive and sometimes people might want, for example, max ivs + specific nature for a living dex or a reference or something. But you can't have 3 held items, only max 2, so it's impossible to do this, rather than just 'difficult' So what if you just 'turn on' an incense, which would then work as long as you had the appropriate pair in your daycare? It could be either time based like the z-crystal or interaction based more like the gigaremo. If codable, maybe it could even be based on 'eggs produced', though that could be either unfair when using a gig because it gets used up twice as fast, or a gig could be unfair if its based on the other 2 aspects because you're able to get twice as many eggs for the same cost. Something to contemplate, if people want to weigh in! I see them as still purchaseable in the daycare, and there could even be 'mini' and maybe 'super' versions that last for shorter or longer amounts of time/interactions, like lucky eggs vs super lucky eggs. Minis would be great for just getting that eggdex, while standard and/or supers would be great for hunters. Maybe the dex one could be interactions based, and the hunting one on time? The prices would probably have to change, but I don't see that being much of an issue, and a boon even. Right now, they're a bit overpriced for people that don't plan on hunting them and just want to get the eggdex. Them being consumables could lower the cost, especially for dexxing, but because they aren't permanent items they'd be purchased a lot more as people dex/hunt. Thank you for coming to my ted talk tl;dr Incense for baby breeding as consumables to have a currency sink + allow better IV/nature breeding

Hatched Shinies

glitter glitter, shine so bright

Hatched Albinos

pastel power!

Hatched Melans

heart attack in a purple sparkle

Hatched Eggs

so many eggs.....
12201 pts .
Cele's AvatarCele
Listen I want to hunt Azurill more than a lot of things but only getting one Everstone for the hunt as things are now makes me sit here and think "nope nuh uh my brother in christ I am not doing that." So uh. No. Don't wanna keep things as they are. Hella support .\/m
sig code and sig bg image made by me
idiot's Avataridiot
Sorry if I misread something, but what happens if you get 6 melans on your first party (ok that will probably never happen but maybe you just wanted to give up your chain) then your incense is wasted? I mean, when you hold it, you can take it away and sell it / use it on another pair, right? c:
Score: 1176
impish.sei's Avatarimpish.sei

QUOTE originally posted by poopyz

Sorry if I misread something, but what happens if you get 6 melans on your first party (ok that will probably never happen but maybe you just wanted to give up your chain) then your incense is wasted? I mean, when you hold it, you can take it away and sell it / use it on another pair, right? c:
I mean, same can be said for any of the eggs you've produced - or getting a melan the first few hours of a z-crystal and not having any others of that type you want to hunt, right? And what do you mean, other pair? Incense are already species specific. That's kind of why I had the idea of mini, regular, and super versions, so you can judge how long you think you might need. And sometimes you'll get unlucky in your decision
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I like the idea, I'm just concerned how fragile that part of the code is, because when it tries to figure out what egg to produce, it will backtrack through form changes and evolutions until it can't anymore, with the exception of Incense items that "gatekeep" certain backtracks. It's a mess. I would like to do this, but I worry that it isn't feasible with the current system. I can definitely plan for it in Recode V2, but for this version of PFQ it will have to be a very small maybe.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page