PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

don't put "please play normally" in the banner

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

idiot's Avataridiot
Firstly, I'd like to demonstrate what's the psychological, like, meaning of what I'm suggestion here. So, I ask you NOT to think about breathing. Yeah, you're probably already thinking about it right now and it'll take you 2 minutes to concentrate on something else so that you begin subconsciously breathing again. I'm having trouble not thinking about breathing now. Similar concept with the "please play normally" sign. So I was just thinking, you don't actually have to put an "an experiment is in progress. Please play normally" sign up. People are already playing normally anyway. That's the point of "normally". Now we might go like hmm. Did I mass-open my boxes before? Did I buy cheap things then sell them for a more expensive price before? Am I affecting the research and therefore making the whole site go boom? Of course, it is important to tell people an experiment is being implemented. You could skip the "please play normally", though. I totally understand PFQ staff is trying to be transparent here :) Another example: "there's a mind reader around, so DON'T think about your bank password!" You're either wondering when your mom will let you have a bank account, or thinking about your password. For the people who weren't here when the "please play normally" banner was up, like so there was a "please play normally" banner in the front page because Niet was collecting data to see how to improve the site c: I understand that by the time someone gets through the most important and big suggestions and actually comes and looks at this one, Niet's experiment would be over, but I hope that this is a nice tip for experiments in the future. Have a nice day and good luck on specials! :D
Score: 1176
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
That's not what it says though. It says "as normally as possible". Meaning to carry on as normal even if the server may lag or even throw an error at you if the experiment weren't working as well as I'd like it to. It's like on a flight when they do the safety instructions and they tell you to put on the oxygen mask and "breathe normally".
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Xygallix's AvatarXygallix
Honestly I appreciate it saying to "play as normally as possible". I know this could just be me, but I genuinely benefit from directions like that. If the banner didn't ask us to play as normally as possible, I would be overthinking things. I'd be worrying about whether my usual (sporadic) levels of mass clicking would affect the experiment. Would it be bad for me to open all my boxes on the day I'd planned it for? Would it be ok for me to catch up on my summon sales? Can I make the most of my day off today and hatch a ton of eggs for the tournament? I'd also be wondering whether I should try and contribute to reducing server load by doing less than usual so I'm not causing strain? Or should I try and do exactly what I did last Tuesday to help create consistency? Of course I can't really remember my activity last Tuesday but that wouldn't stop me worrying about replicating it lol The banner tells me to play as normally as possible so... I am. I'm taking that to mean "carry on as normal, ignore the experiment when making decisions on site" so... I am. I am autistic and prone to anxiety, I know that affects how I react to things, but I'd be willing to bet at least some other users also really appreciate being told how to behave while the experiment is running. Plus... What Niet said :P Now I'm ignoring the odd error message and carrying on anyway :D Otherwise I would be worried about that too lol
Check out my free fields, full of R/E/V/L and pairs! One of my friends runs a shop, go see her if you want box/shelter hunts, free egg dexing and her free fields!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page