PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

PW and Fishing Mass Outbreaks

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Citrisfur's AvatarCitrisfur
Currently the situation for the fishing minigame and the PokeWalker: very few people play them. I hardly ever see Pokewalker Pokemon on site and from what I hear from the fishing minigame, people fish to complete their task and that's it (if even that, the leaderboard shows many don't make it very far). And those that fish in this way, myself included, probably only grind the first area since it's the most cost effective. Maybe once a week, one area in the Pokewalker and the fishing minigame, respectively, could have heightened chances for albinos or shinies, or provide some other kind of reward? Alternatively, maybe catching Pokemon in the area during that time gives small treasure rewards or berries, etc. in addition.
Creator of PokeFarm Pokemon IVs;
a userscript that reports your best owned Pokemon.

PM if you're interested in or are an IV breeder and you'd like to join our group!
AlastorStar's AvatarAlastorStar
Semi Support. This wouldnt be that helpful for main gameplay. But i like this suggestion and id do fishing and Pokewalker a bit more!
Alastor - He/They - Asexual
Score: 1125
Badge Code by LycanKai
Image is a shiny scatterbug drawn by me.

QUOTE originally posted by AlastorStar

Semi Support. This wouldnt be that helpful for main gameplay. But i like this suggestion and id do fishing and Pokewalker a bit more!
Well, what's the "main gameplay"? And why does this suggestion necessarily have to improve it? Are fishing and the Pokewalker meant to be their own standalone things?

QUOTE originally posted by Citrisfur

Well, what's the "main gameplay"? And why does this suggestion necessarily have to improve it? Are fishing and the Pokewalker meant supposed to be their own standalone things?
They are standalone things due to watts and walking.

Sorry, you're going to have to elaborate more on that; they're still part of the site and this doesn't address fishing at all. I get what you mean, if you're implying the main gameplay is to adopt and hatch eggs; yes that mechanic isn't affected by fishing and Pokewalking. However, they are part of the site and are expected in some degree to be used by the players (which is the problem, it's not happening) and both have rewards that can affect the "main gameplay".

QUOTE originally posted by Citrisfur

Sorry, you're going to have to elaborate more on that; they're still part of the site and this doesn't address fishing at all. I get what you mean, if you're implying the main gameplay is to adopt and hatch eggs; yes that mechanic isn't affected by fishing and Pokewalking. However, they are part of the site and are expected in some degree to be used by the players (which is the problem, it's not happening) and both have rewards that can affect the "main gameplay".
They are the main gameplay for me. But not for everyone.
Justsayhi's AvatarJustsayhi
Big support! I personally really like the fishing minigame (the only time I’ve ever ranked #1 for any tournament was a fishing tourney a year or so back) and it’d be fun to encourage people to use it more often! It’d be fun if the shiny chances were boosted, mainly because I know firsthand the absolute excitement you feel when you encounter a shiny you weren’t even looking for on PFQ; but I do understand if a shiny boost is too much (although, maybe there’s a way to make Sei’s boost correlate with encounters in fishing and the Pokewalker?) and it’s just little rewards instead. I also want to say: The “main gameplay” of PFQ is whatever you choose to do. Hatching eggs is definitely one of the biggest aspects, but aren’t people who like to grow berries or who like to battle also participating in “main gameplay”? ^^”
Game: In Stars And Time!!!
Despite everything, it’s still you!
Bump
Bump

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page