PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

AJAX requests randomly stuck on "pending"

Forum Index > Core > Bugs >

Pages: 12

AHHH RUN's AvatarAHHH RUN
Apologies if this is a known issue, I can't seem to find info about it anywhere. Bug Effect: On seemingly random occasions, maybe between 1-30 times per hour, my PFQ page just decides to hang. Requests get stuck on "Pending" and the result just never loads. Even while those requests are supposedly pending, I can open another browser tab of the same page and complete the exact same request with no problem, and the bugged page will still display that its request is pending. Field interaction example Garden planting example Lab adoption example Ironically, while making a folder to upload these examples What you were doing when the bug occurred / Where the bug occurred: Anything that requires a server response after the page has loaded. Loading fields, loading market listings, interacting, hatching eggs, retrieving scours, harvesting berries, planting berries, the list goes on - it seems to be random and I can't get it to happen consistently, but it is happening very, very frequently as of late. Browser: This has been happening while using my iPhone in Safari without private browsing, Safari with private browsing, and Google Chrome without incognito mode. It happens whether or not QoL is enabled, and I have no other browser add-ons on my phone. It happens on various wi-fi and cellular data connections, and even when other processes are having no internet troubles, e.g. Spotify in the background. I rarely have this problem at all when I use Google Chrome on my desktop, though. Reloading usually works, this just feels weird & unintentional so I thought I'd report it.
Noahverse's AvatarNoahverse
So I don't know if it's the exact same thing because I don't know how to look at that, but my pages get stuck and hang a lot too. No amount of waiting helps. I used to refresh the page but I'd "lose" the pending action (especially bad when I'm writing a post, I'd lose all my writing!); what I do now is disconnect from Wi-Fi, wait for LTE to connect, turn Wi-Fi back on. It almost always gets those stuck actions through. I have to do that more often when there's more people using the site.

Noah | he/they | AuDHD

: 0 pts!
Journal (F2U codes) credits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon F2U @MellowKun on Deviantart Divider F2U @hedgehominoid on Deviantart Signature Pagedoll F2U @SquishDemon on Deviantart Shop logo commissionned from Lilieth for my shop
I collect fairy Deltas!
^ My Trade Shop! ^

QUOTE originally posted by Noahverse

So I don't know if it's the exact same thing because I don't know how to look at that, but my pages get stuck and hang a lot too. No amount of waiting helps. I used to refresh the page but I'd "lose" the pending action (especially bad when I'm writing a post, I'd lose all my writing!); what I do now is disconnect from Wi-Fi, wait for LTE to connect, turn Wi-Fi back on. It almost always gets those stuck actions through. I have to do that more often when there's more people using the site.
Farm > Options > Others and check the box at the bottom, then you'll see a fun Debug option above the bonus counters, if you're curious! And I'll keep that workaround in mind :o But yes, that does sound like the same problem. Mine also seems to happen more when there are more users online too, although it still does happen when there are like 450 people on.
I turned on the debug feature (thank you!) and yep, that's definitely what's going on for me too.

Screenshot

Xirin's AvatarXirin
I've been noticing the same issue for a while now as well!
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I have divided the "pending" state into two states: "queued" and "inprogress". "queued" means that the request is, well, queued. The UI will only send one request at a time, to try and avoid race conditions and server load. "inprogress" means that the request is off the queue and has been sent the server, and is currently waiting for a response. If this incident happens again, please take a look at the Debug list. If they're all "queued" with no "inprogress", that means that something happened to prevent the next queued item from being processed. If there is an "inprogress", then something's going wrong in the communication with the server.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Somehow, the server has been way better about this since you posted, but I managed to catch it in the act. These 3 are with QoL enabled. Inprogess during multipage clickback Inprogress when I tried that same multipage again Inprogress while trying to edit trainer card This one was with QoL disabled. I was trying to mass click the Pokérus holder, and this time, the server hung twice, but only momentarily this time. Then, it just gave up on the stuck requests and decided to deal with the rest? Weird In the screenshot you can see the first time it gave up (request #3) and the wait just before it gave up the second time (request #13). Since these ones didn't hang indefinitely, it might not be the same bug.
Likewise, it happens to me pretty much everywhere on this site. Tbh, I thought that's what people meant when they say they experience lag. Reloading the shelter Adopting from the shelter Navigating my fields It also happens while a dialogue screen is open (e.g. picking a field to send a traded Pokemon to, selecting where to send a Pokémon scouring, etc.) and I can't get to that debug screen then. These screenshots are all on my phone, but it's happened on my laptop, too. And turning the Wi-Fi off and on again works there too. Thanks for looking into this!
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Noahverse

These screenshots are all on my phone, but it's happened on my laptop, too. And turning the Wi-Fi off and on again works there too.
Hmm, that's interesting. Does this always fix it when it happens?
Yeah, pretty much! I think the only times it doesn't is when there's a lot of traffic on the site (first day of TR after reset was bad for me iirc), but then it's either a different problem (lag?) or it compounds the issue perhaps. Otherwise yeah it's a pretty reliable trick.

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page