PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Variant breeding chances

Forum Index > Core > Help >

Heartmint's AvatarHeartmint
Heyhey all. Does anybody knows about the probability of breeding a variant like noismog, apocalyptic forme, or inferno torchic? Also, someone said that your chance of breeding variant is higher using a non-variant parent holding item (example. Arcanine pair holding meteorite) than if you breed with a variant parents. Is this true?
Score: 0
typerace by LycanKai
Goatlady's AvatarGoatlady
I once heard its an 8/1 chance of getting a variant egg. Its difficult to tell because it's all determined by RNG. It is supposedly true that more of the eggs you make from a non-variant pair will be the variant, however the max % of the pair will be less than a male and female paired of the variant type. For instance, a 99% pair of saiyan rattata will make more eggs total than the rattata with prime ape that maxes around 70% I think. However, it is supposed to be that more of those fewer eggs will be the variant. In my experience, I prefer to get more tries at the variant egg than fewer tries but more likely to be the variant. Quantity over quality. But again, RNG makes it impossible to truly gauge the outcome of either pair. Just click as much as you can and hope the dice rolls in your favour ^_^
  • Shop
  • Typerace
  • My Special Monz
  • Links
TUBG are an efficient and enthusiastic Team, offering these services: Ditto Speed Dating, Custom Breeding Pairs including Exclusives, Shelter Hunting, Exclusives Hatching, Charm Rental and selling our Special hatches, + items. Don't be shy, come drop by!
Nothing has more points than sharpened Steel!
Banner created by LycanKai
StartermonFirst Melanmon
Lv. 100 — +1,345,887
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
FirePsychic
Happiness 27%
Sassy nature
Reaper Cloth

Reaper Cloth

Evolution Item

(: 0)

A fabric imbued with evil energies.

Sells for 1,750

Lv. 100 — +1,784,976
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Ghost
Happiness 27%
Rash nature
Heartmint's AvatarHeartmint

QUOTE originally posted by Goatlady

It is supposedly true that more of the eggs you make from a non-variant pair will be the variant, however the max % of the pair will be less than a male and female paired of the variant type. For instance, a 99% pair of saiyan rattata will make more eggs total than the rattata with prime ape that maxes around 70% I think. However, it is supposed to be that more of those fewer eggs will be the variant. In my experience, I prefer to get more tries at the variant egg than fewer tries but more likely to be the variant. Quantity over quality.
Pardon the very late reply to this. What I takes from your answer is if I want to breed variant that have different parent species, it's better to just use the variant as a breeding pair. But if the non-variant is same species, like apo Growlithe, it would be better to just use normal parent while holding a meteorite?
Goatlady's AvatarGoatlady
Yes, I think that would work well! I'm not saying there's only one best option, it's just how I prefer to use the pairs. Another hassle is keeping the pairs in different fields when they don't match their Type. It isn't the end of the world but I prefer them to be in the same field for easier access. Regular Pikachu with dress up items are another example for the matching-parent Variants. I hope you figure out what you prefer as I did ^_^
InkieZach's AvatarInkieZach
based on my experience id assume around 10-12%, and same as what was said prior i read somewhere it was 1/8 chance
  • Art Shop
  • Trophies
  • Type Race
  • Credits
coming soon
avatar drawn by me, tr trophies by SUNNELIØN, me, and Juku respectively, tr counter by LycanKai
Toxel's AvatarToxel
the DayCare wiki page might help!

long quote

QUOTE originally posted by Exclusive Pokemon section

Exclusive Pokémon and Variant Pokémon are special Pokémon that are exclusive to PokéFarm and are their own unique species. Exclusive Pokémon will produce Eggs of their own species. Variant Pokémon will produce Eggs of their own species, as well as, Eggs of their parent species, e.g. members of the Early Bird Line can produce both Early Bird Natu Eggs and normal Natu Eggs. A variant breeding couple will generate more normal eggs than variant eggs since there is a 1 in 8 maximum probability that an egg will be a variant species. Things to keep in mind It is often easier to breed "first-generation" Variants than to breed their progeny. Exclusives and variants are more difficult to breed since they have a lower breeding rate than regular Pokémon. If a user is breeding a Variant Pokémon then they will receive far more Regular Eggs and very few Variant Eggs. This decreased breeding rate is not presently reflected in the modifiers of the Matchup Checker. Other than setting the Matchup Checker modifiers to the highest percentages possible, there is no way to increase the likelihood of getting Exclusive eggs. According to Niet, depending on how recently the Exclusive was made to be breedable, up to 98% of the breeding cycles will fail to produce an Exclusive egg. There is only a 1% chance that a released Exclusive or Variant Egg will enter the Shelter.
Journal avatar: game screenshot edited by me

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page