kaylleena: "only complaint is mods."★★★☆☆
Posted: 27/Aug/2023 23:23:05 (1 month ago)
i love this game. i play it all the time and i constantly find myself checking forums. i've loved making friends through these forums, and seeing how kind the user base is to other people makes me happy. however, it really frustrates me when mods, mainly niet, act superior to users whenever they ask a simple question or make a suggestion. in replies to suggestions i've seen niet literally just post "No." without an explanation or "Sounds boring." he actively belittles people who make suggestions that wouldn't work code-wise or might be too taxing on the server, however i think it's important for him to consider that not every single user is fluent in code or even knows a single thing about it. what seems like a stupid idea to him, may sound like something that's an amazing addition to several other users.
it just really upsets me seeing him care for the game but not also the users who make up the game. treating users like this drives people away. without users, you don't have a game. i understand he's stated that he doesn't like pms much or that hes socially awkward, but there is a big difference between being awkward and being snarky, rude, and aggressive to users.
yes, i recommend the game. however, i do not recommend posting in the suggestions forums or any other forums where the point is to bounce ideas off of/interact with moderators. some of the moderators have been very kind and helpful, and i don't want all of them to feel bad about me writing this. but please. take the feelings of your users into account. even if you think the idea is stupid, there are so many ways to explain a rejection to them KINDLY. i promise more people will appreciate the game if this one thing can be worked on. please.
👍 25👎 0
Daster: "interesting and at the same time not..."★★★☆☆
Posted: 30/Jul/2023 22:31:27 (1 month ago)
years playing, I never had my melan impyre... and having to pay to "improve melan hunt"... that's why I stopped playing like I used to.
many years playing for that HUNT ... 'for what? it never came out.
it's almost pay to win.
good thing the moderators.
the bad thing is annoying that all the best is paying.
👍 6👎 0
Posted: 20/Apr/2023 07:37:39 (5 months ago)
I think it is a overall very fun game but a bit too addicting. Would be more fun if they developed a proper battle system.
👍 9👎 3
Quaqua: "Cute Pokemon adopting game, but a bit grindy and outdated"★★★☆☆
Posted: 25/Mar/2023 18:29:07 (6 months ago)
It's a nice little pet raising game for Pokemon fans, there's a lot of good things I can say about it:
- The community is welcoming and acceptant;
- Albinos and Melans spice up the gameplay and add some variation to the available Pokemon species;
- Even though there are microtransactions, they're not necessary and you can get the paid currency (ZC) by trading with other players;
- There are fun events each week/month to keep you engaged and they give some good rewards too;
- Cute original Pokemon species and fusions;
- There's no real punishment for inactivity, you could easily take a break and come back without losing anything.
(NOTE: Just because the following "cons" section is longer doesn't mean that I feel more negativity towards the game than positivity, I just felt the need to elaborate more on each point)
There are, however, a few things that drag the game down, in my opinion. Thing is, I actually played PF1 back in 2011! While this version of PokeFarm feels more modern, it's... not *quite* a modern game. Here are some of the gripes I have with it:
- Even though the community *is* welcoming and acceptant, I find it hard to start friendships here. This is probably a consequence of the modern internet: Back in the day there weren't a lot of communication hubs for geeky interests like Pokemon. Forums were replaced by Discord servers, PMs were replaced by DMs and so on. PokeFarm is, at its core, a community game, a relic of a somewhat bygone era of web browser gaming. Probably not a lot of active players feel this way but I just can't grow attached to the player base. Sorry if this point was a little vague;
- As a consequence of the existence of Albinos, Melanistics and Deltas, it's hard to hold any special feelings towards regular Pokemon. They feel like fodder, something you use for breeding, evolving and eventually disposing. Everyone's experience is different but even by going through each player's profile, most of them are showing off their S/A/M/D Pokemon instead of any regular ones (maybe aside from their starter);
- Want that sweet Melanistic Pokemon or some of that good ol' currency? You'll have to put some work for it. You might end up spending way too much time on clicking others and filling your daily quota of egg hatchings. Although you don't *have* to commit to the grind, for me it feels bad when I don't. Kind of addictive;
- Inconsistent art styles throughout the site. Not a problem for some people, it's a little jarring for me though;
- The interface feels old, outdated. This doesn't look or feel like a modern website;
- Not much gameplay aside from egg hatching. The Pokewalker is a good incentive for going for a walk and Fishing is... well, a thing... but other than that, there's not a lot to do. Some more mini-games would be nice! Or a story mode or something, anything to keep the game from becoming too repetitive.
I think that at its core, PokeFarm is a great game. I truly, deeply wish to see it evolve and expand in the future and I feel like a rework or a reboot is due at this point. Am I enjoying my time here? Yes! It's a nice bit of escapism that I appreciate in my day to day life. Do I see myself playing this game for years to come? Not really. If things stay like this, I'm pretty sure that one day I'll just get bored of it and move on. But for now, I'm just having fun hunting for oddly colored little guys and working on PokeDex :D
(Sorry if there were any typos or bad English in this review)
👍 24👎 1
Posted: 10/Dec/2022 15:52:47 (9 months ago)
Nice game overrall, and kinda addictive. It's a pretty hard game to 'complete' but I think you could totally win without paying ( might be wrong as I've only been on the site for about 2 months ). Staff could be a little less snarky? Especially in threads. It could just be british humor for all I know ( as mentioned in one of the replies ), but still, being British is no excuse for staff to be a little bit less mocking in their replies ( of course not all staff are like this ). And yes, I do know that not all staff are british.
👍 19👎 0
SpiritX: "It’s aight"★★★☆☆
Posted: 27/Oct/2022 20:08:14 (11 months ago)
Despite my time here, I still don’t understand very well, and it’s not the most entertaining game. Mechanics/functions are hard to use at times. But it’s got good quality. Love the Fakemon.
👍 5👎 2
Posted: 24/Jul/2022 10:46:26 (1 year ago)
the game is fun it just takes way to long to earn anything. i get it we have to work hard to get somewhere, but theres only so much i can stand before it gets boring. (please dont reply oh your being unfair, its my opinion im sick of people who do that to me i have enough issues without people causing more pain sorry.)
👍 15👎 2
LemonDemons: "Confused why it's considered still in beta"★★★☆☆
Posted: 07/Apr/2022 18:17:50 (1 year ago)
Beta yet has microtransactions, so not actually in beta. The game is pretty good but the rates are an annoyance, pretty confusing game too but I am a low functioning autistic dude so that plays a part in why I have trouble I believe. Fakemon are good and easy to get. The community isn't the nicest but that's to be expected now and days.
👍 15👎 1
ottersfm: "pretty fun game but the constant clicking everything is annoying"★★★☆☆
Posted: 09/Mar/2022 22:32:11 (1 year ago)
I am enjoying it so far it's a good game to do on the in-between of everything but the constant clicking gets frustrating I am one of those people I will chip away until I get stuff done as long as it stays done but it's exhausting. They really need to update the market place it says there is listing certain items but when you go into actually buy them the good majority of those items are gone and the buy button is greyed out anything that is not there needs to be updated or removed and in comparison to buying in-game itself everything is overpriced ridiculously. I get people are looking for an easy way to get in-game currency but people need to think more logical like if something is worth $100,000 in game don't make it ten times the price make it more but so you earn something without making it impossible to get. By the time some people have that money, they are better off personally buying it in game anyway!
👍 12👎 6
ladyfiaragc: "Was really great."★★★☆☆
Posted: 15/Feb/2022 20:56:37 (1 year ago)
My first goal was to complete Arceus. Then I wanted to get a full 356 chain of being online 5 days in a row, (currently at 246). I loved the game when I first started, the community is great and super sweet.
Then the 2022 changes came.
I don't mind the changes to RMT, they don't affect me that much. I like the aspect of the game and what you have to do to get unique Pokemon. However, the recent reduction to Shiny rates means I would need to spend (and have been spending) too much time on the website in order to complete the (Relaxed)shiny dex I was working on. I need to be able to go out and do my daily things and still achieve what I want to here, and that just doesn't seem possible anymore (400 eggs hatched with all bonuses possible and no shinies). I noticed the rate go down, but wasn't completely sure until this type race when someone in the forums confirmed my suspicions.
I can't juggle both RL and accomplishing what I want here (and I keep spending money in the shop to get ZC) so PFQ will have to go. Maybe I'll come back when the next one comes out and hopefully the shiny rate will go back up a bit.
👍 20👎 0