PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Regarding advertisements

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 12

Petaminx's AvatarPetaminx
@F1Krazy It's not as simple as you think. There's no way to guarantee that someone is using ad block from what I know, and websites usually just check if the ad loads within a certain amount of time or the height of the ad being 0 to determine whether the user is using ad block. Although it may seem like a good way to make people add pokefarm as an exception for ad block, it could actually make people leave pokefarm instead and reduce the amount of users here. Also, there exist things like anti-anti-adblock that try to bypass adblock detection on websites.
Nataku's AvatarNataku
As one of those ad-block users I'd like to ask you why I should be punished for having to use an ad-blocker. I use a laptop that is going on 7 years old now and has video card issues. I can barely watch videos as is and if I don't use ad-blocker I can't play pokefarm at all because it will die having ads run and yes this actually is really an issue. It's way I got ad-blocker. So I could play pokefarm without having my computer die 12 times just trying to load my pokemon. Asking people to ad pokefarm as exception would not in fact make them leave. Please have a little more faith in our fanbase. They aren't so shallow that they would leave over it. Most people run ad-blocks because nowadays we get thrown to death with ads every 5 seconds and in the case of some other sites all over the frellin place. As said if you have an old computer like I do those ads do a number on your ability to work certain sites and thus ad-block is a way to use these sites without having your computer blue-screen at the sheer thought of running ads. (mine actually bluescreens at interactive/animated ads. Rather a pain you see?) At any rate my point is that it's not fair to punish people for using ad-block. It's not our fault that ads only make like 10 cents per view. Anyways I hear good things about Ad-sense and will make sure to turn pokefarm into an exception just as soon as I've saved up the money to send my old Lappy (my laptop of 7 years old) with a well deserved retirement. (she's been running for me for 7 years, every day for +5 hours a day :3 She's a real trooper)
When life gives you lemons;kindly accept its misguided charity and incorporate them into your scheme for world domination~ Anonymous My avatar is mine. From the image 'yes milord'. Proof:MY Deviantart account!
I'm inclined to agree with action being taken to hinder people for using adblock a little too far. I use it, but I disable it for PFQ, but I can understand why people might not want to. I leave the ads on despite having HM, too xD We can't force people to do something like this, anyway - we can only ask. Those who wish to support the site... Will. Those who don't? Won't. And that's that, at the end of the day. And that's ok. If we have to do something else, we have to do something else. We'll figure things out, like we always do :)
Petaminx's AvatarPetaminx
It looks like the ads change between adsense and pw now. The ad page should be updated to reflect recent changes (http://pokefarm.org/ad).
EvenStranger's AvatarEvenStranger
what do you mean by "bad advertisement"? do you mean like, inappropriate? very confused spider here!
Tasos500's AvatarTasos500
I've seen quite some ads that are quite off... One even referenced hemorroids! (Forgot to make a screenshot to report it...)
Blank Banshee's AvatarBlank Banshee

QUOTE originally posted by Tasos500

I've seen quite some ads that are quite off... One even referenced hemorroids! (Forgot to make a screenshot to report it...)
Use the 'report bad ad' link, please, and include screenshots. We can't do anything if you don't report it.
Tasos500's AvatarTasos500
I just got a screenshot and reported it! Got lucky and had it show up again! I hope I helped! (The text is in Greek, BTW)

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

I'm inclined to agree with action being taken to hinder people for using adblock a little too far. I use it, but I disable it for PFQ, but I can understand why people might not want to. I leave the ads on despite having HM, too xD We can't force people to do something like this, anyway - we can only ask. Those who wish to support the site... Will. Those who don't? Won't. And that's that, at the end of the day. And that's ok. If we have to do something else, we have to do something else. We'll figure things out, like we always do :)
I disable it here too, and on top of that I can usually afford Hypermode. I decided to use the "disable ads" option a while back because of a period of page loading trouble. otherwise it would have been left on, and I'd be seeing the new ones. Guess I'll see how it goes if I get a gap in my Hypermode, I usually only buy month-to-month because of my budget, or a bit more when ZC is on sale.
Avatar art drawn by Duchesslunaire
Full Incense

Full Incense

Incense

(: 0)

An exotic-smelling incense that gives a feeling of being bloated.

Sells for 48,000

Lv. 100 — +56,729,225
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Normal
Happiness MAX
Hardy nature
I keep getting ads about online games with attractive digital ladies that live alone and are waiting for me. And also they are going to catch a cold, because they don't wear enough clothing for October... While I do feel flattered, I do think they are inappropriate. I already reported one. But it's difficult with the current form since it's asking for links/image links and those ads are always flashfiles (and also I am a lazy screenshooter...)
Hello, can I interest you in an unpaid internship at Doolin City Gym?
No? Then how about a Membership at a very High Class and venerable Organisation? (I'm talking about Team Rocket! Just tell them the I referred you...)
Badge of Doolin City Gym - Currently not open for challenges, Gym Leader is out of town
The Opal Badge. Trainers with this badge have challenged and defeated the Opal Gym. Created by ZoeDragonbunny
Sorah League Badges

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page