PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Compact Mode

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I realise that not everyone has a monster of a computer like mine. My screen resolution is 1920x1200, which is just huge. It can be very easy to design a site to look good on my screen, but forget about other people. That's why the User Pages were updated with that "card" view for the Party, for example. But today I have produced something which I hope will fix this problem for people on smaller screens: Compact Mode. Compact Mode cuts almost 200 pixels from the "pre-content" stuff. It reduces the banner to a button, makes the NavBar smaller and more space-efficient, and removed the added padding around the page itself.

Here's a comparison:

BEFORE
AFTER
Note that in the "after" I had removed a line from the Toolbox. This has not been removed from the final Compact Mode view.
To enable Compact View, go to your Farm Page, then in Options you should see a toggle switch for Compact Mode. Please note that because Compact Mode was designed using the default skin, your banner may be cropped awkwardly in Compact Mode. I intend to add a "Compact Banner" option to the Skin Editor, but for now that's how it is. Hope you enjoy!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Sei's AvatarSei
The button! It does nothing! But no, really. It does nothing. Cache cleared and everything. :P
Constantine's AvatarConstantine
-Cough-, sorry I couldn't helping myself. But yeah, this will certainly be helpful for people like me on laptops with tiny screens. Not sure I'll use it as the websites seems to be rather compact already but we'll see. >> When it works of course.
♔ Fae King Give me equality.
JBWarrior's AvatarJBWarrior
I'm using my phone and I already see a difference, the navigation bar at least. :P

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page