PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Introduce Magikarp Patterns from "Magikarp Jump" for Fishing Hut

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 123456

mybulbasaur's Avatarmybulbasaur
I've looked through the rejected threads a bit and have noticed that suggestions for custom sprites and similar things have been being rejected quite recently; however, please hear me out in my suggestion, as I believe that this could add some more fun and new challenges to the site, as well as make some features on PFQ more useful! I'm sure that many of you have heard of or even played the phone app "Magikarp Jump" recently created by Pokémon. For those who don't know much about the new spin-off game, basically you are a trainer who fishes up and raises generation after generation of Magikarp, competing in various leagues to become the Magikarp jumping champion. You beat other trainers by training and feeding your Magikarp to raise its jump power, therefore being able to jump higher than opposing Magikarp. It's quite a simple, repetitive and silly game, but for those who do play it, myself included, it's safe to say that you're definitely hooked! ...no pun intended. Perhaps the most notable feature of this game is the wide variety of Magikarp patterns that you can fish up. Some patterns are more rare than others and some can only be fished up with better rods. Aside from beating all the leagues, another goal of the game is to fill up your Pattern Dex. This is where my suggestion comes in: Introduce these Magikarp patterns and make them obtainable through the Fishing Hut. The Fishing Hut can be helpful if you're a player trying to fill up your PokéDex, hoard water-types, want fodder to upgrade your water-type Gemwish Badge, or just happen to enjoy the feature. However, for most players including myself, the Fishing Hut is just outright boring and useless. By adding these Magikarp patterns to the game and making them obtainable through fishing, the Fishing Hut would definitely become a more fun and excitable feature to use! Of course, implementing these patterns into the game could possibly affect the gameplay in multiple ways: Breeding, Magikarp's PokéDex entry, and Magikarp's appearance as it levels up. Patterns could simply be passed down from the parents, certain patterns could be bred similar to how Unown letters/symbols are bred, or they could be completely random like the color of Flabébé's flower and not affect dex completion. In regards to Magikarp's appearance as it levels up, this is a function in Magikarp Jump: Your Magikarp starts out small when it's first fished up, and when it reaches a certain level it grows to medium-size, and then finally, it grows to its largest size. Once it reaches this large size, its pattern finally becomes clear and is then added to the Pattern Dex. This could be a progressive thing as Magikarp levels up, just as Vulpix grows its tails as it levels up. Or, to make things much simpler for collection, coding and spriting purposes, their patterns could already be clear from being caught/hatched. I'd say it's up to the staff on that! :) However these Magikarp patterns affect overall gameplay, I'm positive that this would be a great addition to PFQ. The Fishing Hut would definitely be used by more players. And for those with their beautiful collections of every Vivillon pattern, every Unown from A-Z (plus ! and ? of course), and every Flabébé flower in rainbow order (plus Floette and Florges if you're hardcore), obtaining every Magikarp pattern will of course be a whole new fun and difficult challenge. Thank you for reading and I hope you support my idea! If not, please do comment your criticism!
I hoard Bulbasaur and its evolutions! Donations are always appreciated! Avatar created by myself for myself.
Aristella's AvatarAristella

QUOTE originally posted by Summary of Rejected Suggestions

Suggestions regarding Pokémon sprites are not accepted at this time.

QUOTE originally posted by QueenWaffleCat

QUOTE originally posted by Summary of Rejected Suggestions

Suggestions regarding Pokémon sprites are not accepted at this time.
I read this before suggesting and this thread will likely be rejected for that fact. However I thought I would give it a shot anyway, considering that once a majority of your dex has been filled and possibly being too busy to do any serious shiny hunting make PFQ sometimes quite boring. I believe that adding these patterns for people to collect would make for a whole new challenge and fun addition to the site. :)
I know it's going to be rejected, but I've been playing the game and I would love to see this in PFQ! Glad to see someone else agrees xD
Travelling Chef born in Kalos, currently exploring Paldea!
(Roleplay-ish Account, Message me for my free fields!)
jarjarkai's Avatarjarjarkai
I know it's going to be rejected as well, however this sounds like it'd be amazing fun and give a new purpose to the fishing hut ^^ EDIT: They could even be added as a separate minigame rather than custom sprites.
Duskar's AvatarDuskar
Do you mean this in the third page of Rejected? I do believe it's already been stated somewhere that having 27 Flabebe colours was a mistake, but they can't take it back, too.
🇦🇺 he/him they/them (unlicensed) | 21+ ||Avatar is official Ace Attorney anime screencap||

QUOTE originally posted by Xylynx

Do you mean this in the third page of Rejected? I do believe it's already been stated somewhere that having 27 Flabebe colours was a mistake, but they can't take it back, too.
Ah, I suppose I missed that- I'm hoping for some more chance with this thread, as I feel I did a good job explaining how the introduction of patterns could be implemented into the site. I do realize that they are not necessarily accepting suggestions regarding sprites at the moment... and this does involve editing Magikarp's sprite quite a lot, however this isn't a suggestion to just simply add the sprites; this is a suggestion to add the sprites as well as give more purpose for the Fishing Hut therefore making it a better and more useful feature of the game. :)
Zen's AvatarZen
But what about shiny Magikarp? It has a pattern in the game which they call gold pattern, it's not called a shiny. Heck it's just a rare pattern in the game like the pink patterns. What would be done about it? Would they make another gold Karp just to call it gold pattern? And all the rare patterns, would they also be rare here? Pink and Gold patterns are rare, with more patterns after pink, which I'm sure are also considered rare. Not to mention the everstone. If you break the stone, the Karp will evolve. I only had it happen with a gold pattern, but my guess is the Gyrados keeps the pattern from the Karp, which I'm going to test soon. If it does, then there's also the Gyrados sprite that'll have to be edited to match the Karp patterns.
Avatar by cloudtail. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs. PFQ B-day thread.

QUOTE originally posted by Zen

But what about shiny Magikarp? It has a pattern in the game which they call gold pattern, it's not called a shiny. Heck it's just a rare pattern in the game like the pink patterns. What would be done about it? Would they make another gold Karp just to call it gold pattern? And all the rare patterns, would they also be rare here? Pink and Gold patterns are rare, with more patterns after pink, which I'm sure are also considered rare. Not to mention the everstone. If you break the stone, the Karp will evolve. I only had it happen with a gold pattern, but my guess is the Gyrados keeps the pattern from the Karp, which I'm going to test soon. If it does, then there's also the Gyrados sprite that'll have to be edited to match the Karp patterns.
I feel like that would be up to the PFQ staff, whether certain patterns should be more rare than others just as in the app itself. Personally I feel they should all be equally hard/easy to get, especially considering the fact that being able to breed patterns would eventally make the pink patterns as easy to obtain as the standard pattern anyway. The gold pattern should simply remain as shiny Magikarp, more specifically the shiny for the standard pattern. I suppose introducing all these patterns means that they'd have to have shiny, albino, and melan versions as well, and I feel these would gradually be added to the site as that's (obviously) a lot of sprite editing to be done. In regards to evolving into Gyarados, different patterns do not affect its appearance; they all evolve into normal Gyarados. If they're shiny, then of course they evolve into shiny Gyarados, but the patterns themselves do not pass on during evolution.
Duckbug's AvatarDuckbug
Yeah, it'll be rejected, but that doesn't mean it never has a chance of being done. c:

Journal

18+

Trade Shop

new Clan()

Raca (PFQ Wiki)

Sei

Pages: 123456

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page