PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Unpopular Opinions

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 112113114115116117118

I haven't really had trouble getting GP since I was super new to the site. If you can save up enough for a couple scour boosts and switch to scouring with different Pokemon when they get tired, you find plenty of boxes (especially since you're guaranteed three just for doing scour missions five days in a row). And if you enter the weekly contests you can get a fair bit of GP that way (especially if you boost your Pokemon's stats and/or dress them up well). But on a note that's more relevant to the purpose of this thread: Pokemon contests (in the official games) are a really fun challenge that allows Pokemon to shine outside battles. Also, Colosseum and Gale of Darkness are criminally underrated games that still hold up to this day.
Fuchsfee's AvatarFuchsfee
Here's a truely unpopular oppinion on GP: You can always buy more GP for ZC from the site. If there's really not enough GP around and I'm really desperate, well... 3000 interactions in a single day is also not that much. I usually gat that many interactions withing 10-15 minutes when I'm trying to get Pokérus. 3000 interactions is a reasonable amount of clicks for the full FabFriday GP reward. And although I see where the statement comes from that the 10 GP login reward "handicaps new players", I really don't like that at all. When I was a new player, we had no login reward at all. And no Contests. I do prefer having a much better access to GP than we had back then, sure. But with a statement like "it handicaps new players", you'd have to think I was extremely handycapped during the time I was still focusing on getting my Pokédex filled. I wasn't. I got by just fine. And I managed to save enough GP for all the much needed Account Upgrades I wanted to buy back then.
Made by myself, only official game sprites used.
My username is German. Just call me Fox. Please check my S/A Shop.
Images used for avatar and signature Vulpix are official game sprites recolored by me.
Optimus Prime's AvatarOptimus Prime
This 'I can do it the hard way so others can do it too' mentality is the enemy of improvement. Just because you had to do it the 'harder' way while the site was still improving doesn't mean others should have to do it the hard way too. A lot of the upgrades that help people enjoy the site cost GP (like shelter passes, scour boosts, scour slots, training bags, exp share and the flutes come to mind) Also the 'I' can make 3k clicks in a day argument is ignorant to people who cannot. I sure as heck I can make 3k clicks in five minutes too but a lot of newer players? Most likely not. Making it harder to advanced in a game makes newer players loose interest. Also the 3k interaction goal is hidden behind a progress bar so to a beginner's eye its hard to know what the interaction goal to get 125gp is. Also the other primary way of getting GP is through boxes on scours, which... is only upgraded using GP... hmmm... then you also have contests which have accessories earned through ... hmm... oh right! Gotten through scours... and thats just in game things. What about the users who want to buy shinies from others but cant afgord it while trying to buy all these upgrades? And newer players are a saint to the shiny market because they dont have most shinies veteran players have. So limiting their income further also harms the shiny market and yada yada they cant trade their abundance of gp for zc for site upgrades yada yada they get bored and quit because this game has a point where if you arent hatching specials its boring yada yada i could go on forever but you get my point. Also... its strange that they nerfed GP after users were complaining its worthless? Like the site claims to never endorse a ratio but when people are trading gp at 1:6 ratio with zc its too worthless but now people are having to do 1:4 and no ones complaining? Well I am... the GP nerf was went about strangely... ive said it like twenty times and ill say it again, before nerfing the amount of currency a user gets they should have considered lowering perse. Because this sites community has basically accepted that gp is 1:1k credits. So in comparison dusky activates four times more than perse. This is why we dont have this issue with credits. But whatever. I guess limiting players resources was the way to go. And now. The GP market is crashing and its crashing bad. As well as the ZC market but thats a complaint for another day.
Art byme

QUOTE originally posted by Optimus Prime

i could go on forever but you get my point.
Actually no, I really don't. I do get that you have a strong oppinion about GP, but I don't agree to your arguments.

This 'I can do it the hard way so others can do it too' mentality is the enemy of improvement. Just because you had to do it the 'harder' way while the site was still improving doesn't mean others should have to do it the hard way too.
You misunderstood what I was actually trying to say. Most likely because I didn't get my point across well enough. I already said that I prefer how GP accessibility is handled now compared to how it used to be. So I really didn't want to imply that anybody should have to do anything the way we had to do it back then. Instead I wanted to point out that all this talk of "this is unfair for new players" really has to be put into perspective. Is it unfair compared to how easy it was when the 5 day login bonus was higher? Maybe. But it is definitely not unfair compared to way before that. Actually, it feels very patronizing to me to use newer players for the sake of your argument. Newer players can speak for themselves and many of them do. Why do you feel like you have to speak for them? To me that comes across like misusing them for the sake of your argument.

Also the 'I' can make 3k clicks in a day argument is ignorant to people who cannot. I sure as heck I can make 3k clicks in five minutes too but a lot of newer players? Most likely not.
That doesn't even make sense to me at all! Clicking isn't a complicated skill that has to be learned and that can be improved much through training. The only thing that can drastically improve it is learning that you can click with number keyes on your keyboard on one hand and at the same time with the mouse on the other hand. Or even two seperated mouses, as somewone mentioned somewhere. Other than that many older players are actually slower than they were when they started. Because they have learned how much strain it puts on their hands when they overdo the clicking and actively slow themselves down. And because the terrible shiny market keeps getting thrown in; do you know when nobody at all was complaining about the shiny market being broken? That's right! Before the introduction of the 5 day login bonus and contests. When GP was much rarer than it is now. We even had a market for Variants/Exclusives back then. I can't even imagine something like that existing on PFQ any more. Keeping that in mind, what should we do to fix the shiny market? Also, most users don't sell their shinies exclusively for GP. And nobody forces newer players to buy them for GP only. Maybe that's another indicator thet GP alone can't be the only issue with the shiny market. I could go on, but I think it's enough. We have shown that people (myself included) have strong oppinions about GP, opposing each other very much. And we have shown that it's easy to find arguments for both sides and to counter arguments from the opposing side. I can accept that others don't like it the way it is now. That has to be enough for me. At least for today and for this thread. Because I know and accept that I won't change anybody mind here. Does it count as an unpopular oppinion when I say we don't always have to agree? Edit: So many typos... Sorry for the ones I missed.
Optimus Prime's AvatarOptimus Prime

QUOTE originally posted by Fuchsfee

Does it count as an unpopular oppinion when I say we don't always have to agree?
Yeah thats fair... we have different opinions and different reasons for viewing those opinions. In other news heres a hot take of an unpopular opinion. If you're 'scared' for the sinnoh sprite revamp keep it to ya self. The art team doesn't need negativity hanging around their heads with these hashtags 'prayforsinnoh' s kicking around. If a sprite comes out and you really hate it leave a constructive critism and dont harass the art team with your half baked opinions kay? Thanks.
scørkãjï's Avatarscørkãjï
unpopular opinion: i don't care what happens to the GP market either way, i just want more mons in a contest
pfp made by me, character Dave strider is a homestuck creation just yours average Elesa hating Baka queen previously known as kajiban!
Signature by CatEnergetic, with help from Wardove. Gif.
Fennekava's AvatarFennekava
Sorting and stacking is overrated. Don't attack me on this, but there's a reason why I don't s+s. I really love admiring my Pokemon, and it's hard to click their names when they're s+s. I have a lovely site skin that auto stacks the Pokemon when I click a berry, so clicking is just as easy I die inside a little bit when I see people sorting and stacking shinies/albinos.
Self proclaimed Queen of Dunsparce! click me! sylveon sprite by jujoaura, fennekin sprite by hyuka
NeonFlame's AvatarNeonFlame

QUOTE originally posted by Fennekava

Sorting and stacking is overrated. Don't attack me on this, but there's a reason why I don't s+s. I really love admiring my Pokemon, and it's hard to click their names when they're s+s. I have a lovely site skin that auto stacks the Pokemon when I click a berry, so clicking is just as easy I die inside a little bit when I see people sorting and stacking shinies/albinos.
ikr! People care about s+s waay too much. Like I see things like "I refuse to click your fields if they arent s+s" a lot. If it bothers you that much, just use a stacking CSS smh.
GIFby KitKatKutie2
Everybody has the right to play this game the way they want to. That includes their right to refuse clicking fields that are not S+S. It even includes their right to not use any css. Believe it or not, not everyone knows about the wonders of css. And not everyone who knows about that feels comfortable to use css. If you don't want to S+S your fields, that's fine. Just don't. Your decision. But don't get angry at people who then don't want to click your fields. They don't have to. And honestly, it's a pain to click unsorted fields without the autostacking css.
RenCringe's AvatarRenCringe
To add to this: I find it more fun to click non S&S mons. Sure, it might be slower, but at least I have to actually move around the screen to click them, like some fun minigame. That doesn't mean I don't S&S, since it's an easier way of keeping mons i don't care about. However, for mons I do care about, I never S&S them.

Pages: 123··· 112113114115116117118

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2019 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page