PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Unpopular Opinions

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 8485868788

bugology's Avatarbugology
YOU KNOW what's a really unpopular pokemon that I am feeling in the mood for...

I WROTE A LOT HEAR ME OUT

I never really gave this one a second thought when I first saw it because let's be real, it is a pretty messy design (less so in this sprite, the sugimori artwork and the 3d sprites make the issues more glaring), but I could only ignore an amorphous black void face covered in a mask that is also a giant snowflake for so long. It's called "The Crystallizing Pokemon" by the pokedex, and if you look at the pokedex entries it has these choice pieces of lore:

QUOTE originally posted by Thanks Bulbapedia

"When its body temperature goes up, it turns into steam and vanishes. When its temperature lowers, it returns to ice." "They are born in snow clouds. They use chains made of ice crystals to capture prey."
First of all, "prey" Second of all I love the alien weirdness of having a living being switch between states of matter at will. Vaporeon does it too with its flavor text that says that it can melt when submerged in water (because its "cells have a similar composition to water molecules", which is really dumb but the fun kind of dumb), but that's nowhere near as creepy as a levitating, transient void-being that can dissolve into steam and then solidify into being again before your eyes (just in time for it to freeze you to death and then eat you). And they're "born in snow clouds", so according to lore these things just spawn into being somehow. (I wouldn't be surprised if it was a supernatural thing, like possessed snowflakes or something; the glowing face shrouded in shadow combined with the weird ominous flavor text is perfectly in character for a Pokemon Ghost, even if it isn't a true ghost-type.) Another fun thing: some of its level-up moves (Light Screen, Solar Beam, Confuse Ray, Reflect) allude to it being a reflective surface (or at least reflective enough to weaponize light), and it's also one of the only genderless pokemon that learn Attract, with the implication that it tries to make its opponents fall in love with their own reflections (which never works ingame but is still funny anyways).
Tl;dr Cryogonal is just a snowflake but it's such a weird abstract take on the concept of "just a snowflake" that I can't not love it, haters back off
Watch me liquefy in real-time! (avatar is official TCG art)
SLIME's AvatarSLIME
really good post!!! I love cryogonal... it has a cool name too
Lv. 67 — 8,495 / 13,669
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryAspear Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryCheri Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness MAX
Adamant nature
avatar is from the pokemon anime
Rissan's AvatarRissan
- I like the svg S/A/M stars more than I like the pixel ones. - some of the "washed out" albinos actually look good that way.
journal Glory they/them
Kiwani's AvatarKiwani
That I think that some of the pokemon that is based off of inanimate objects are unoriginal. Really a bag of garbage? A bigger bag of garbage that looks like it has unsanitary things inside? A ice creame cone? Come on. Just don't see the attraction of it.

Goals

* 9/24 Tokens for two Tier Four Megastone Vouchers * 62/62 hatched. Not including Arceus, and both final evolutions of Cosmog. GOAL REACHED!!! * 0/200 Helix Orbs
Darkia's AvatarDarkia
That's a insanely popular opinion lol
6/1000 Wishing Stones
Kiwani's AvatarKiwani
I had encountered some people that would disagree with me before. The amount of people that doesn't like them might be more than people that does. Don't know. This is something I just thought of, I don't get the attraction of pokemon like Eevee or Vulpix as favorites? Come on show Natu some love. Cant be the only one that hoards them. I am actually tires of seeing Eevee/Eeveelutions, and Pikachu plushies. I want a Natu one. I get it they are popular, but sheesh. Just tired of seeing them all over the place.
Kajiban's AvatarKajiban
unpopular opinion: i like all of the "pikachu clones" but mimikyu and emolga (mimkyu is just a "meh" and Emolga brings back horrid memoreis from somebody who's starter is always OP and said starter is water type..)
hey, the lich queen made this profile picture! my trade shop! my art shop!
Signature by CatEnergetic, with help from Wardove. Gif.
Buttonsy's AvatarButtonsy
Neon green shinies are lovely, pink shinies are lovely, sure they can be eyeburners but they're called SHINIES after all, they should burn my eyes a little.
Mr Cat's AvatarMr Cat
I'm kinda glad that Doug and Colress related credit purchases aren't affected by dusky days. Like, the dusky counter would go up so much slower if people waited for dusky days to mega evolve things/ upgrade relics/ fuse reshiram and zekrom. To me this is good game balance :P
Current type race: 2312
undeuxtrøis's Avatarundeuxtrøis
Let's Go Pikachu is just as good as if not better than Let's Go Eevee. Fight me.
ah man, good times.
dabi and himiko toga edits by thesoapydolphin
my art shop!
deux ☆ ace ☆ any pronouns, she/her preferred zorua hunt 0S/0A/0M/1D code background is an official child of light gif icon is from the official bnha manga

Pages: 123··· 8485868788

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2018 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page